Calcium Chloride Market: Increasing Drilling Activities and De-icing Activities especially in North America
- Calcium chloride, an ionic compound of calcium and chlorine, is highly soluble in liquid. It is commercially available as anhydrous and di hydrate flakes, pellets and powder, or 30% to 45% solution. Calcium chloride is produced by refining naturally occurring brine, neutralizing hydrochloric acid with calcium carbonate, or as by-product from the Solvay process of synthetic sodium carbonate production
- Solvay and HCL processes are the widely used manufacturing processes of calcium chloride. The Solvay process involves chemical synthesis of high purity limestone and salt brine solution to produce soda ash and calcium chloride as end products.
- Calcium chloride is primarily used as a de-icing agent. Liquid calcium chloride of up to 35% is used with rock salt for snow and ice control. Calcium chloride reduces the frequent and repetitive application of salt by 40%. It also remains active for longer duration, thereby preventing ice from bonding with the road or pavement. Also, Calcium chloride has the lowest freezing point of all types of other deicers including sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride and urea. Therefore, it is an ideal de-icing agent to be used in winters
Request PDF Brochure :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=3239
- However, Calcium chloride is hygroscopic; therefore, it absorbs water from the air. This can result in corrosion at lower levels and long durations of relative humidity. Furthermore, salts influence the ability of water to carry a current and speed up the corrosion process
Request For Discount :https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=D&rep_id=3239
Flakes 77% Continued To Be Dominant Product Type
- On the basis of product type the global calcium chloride market is bifurcated into flakes 77%, flakes 94%, prills 94%, pellets 94%, liquid grade and others. Among them, the flakes 77% segment held major share of more than 25% the global calcium chloride market in 2018. Its share is anticipated to increase substantially between 2019 and 2027. It is likely remain dominant product type during the forecast period 2019 to 2027. Increase in demand for flakes especially for de-icing and dust control application is the major factor that drives the demand for calcium chloride. Flakes 77% is also projected to be an attractive segment during the forecast period 2019 and 2027 followed by prills 94%
- Prills 94% is comparatively expensive than flakes 77% & pellets 94%. It is used in specific applications such as food additives and water treatment.
Request For Custom Research
Drilling Fluids is Expected to Continue to Be Major Application
- In terms of application, drilling fluids has been bifurcated into de-icing, dust control, drilling fluids, industrial processing, construction, and others
- Drilling fluids dominated the global calcium chloride market in 2018. Increase in drilling activities especially in North America owing to rise in natural gas exploration by U.S. is the major factor that drives the market. Drilling fluids accounted for more than 20% of the total application in 2018.
- After drilling fluids, de-icing and dust control were the major applications where calcium chloride is used prominently
Increasing Demand from De-icing Application Followed by Rise Drilling Activities Makes North America Leader in Calcium Chloride Market
- In terms of geography, the calcium chloride market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. North America held the leading market share of more than 40% in 2018. It is likely to remain dominant region over the forecast period 2019 to 2027
- North America accounts for the significant market share of the global calcium chloride both in terms of revenue and volume. Increase in drilling activities followed by rise in demand for de-icing, led by recent climatic changes in the country, are driving the demand for calcium chloride. This is boosting the demand for calcium chloride in the manufacture of different concentrations of calcium chloride flakes, prills, pellets, and liquid grade for usage as deicing agents, concrete accelerators, etc.
- However, the calcium chloride market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a moderate pace due to the high focus on non-oil growth by governments in the region
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.