Ice Hockey Equipment – A Study on Sports Equipment Used for Ice Hockey
- Ice hockey is among the fastest-growing sport across the globe and popularly played across North America and Europe
- The game is normally played in skating rinks. Apart from equipment such as hockey sticks, ice skates, and the puck, ice hockey also requires several protective gear such as helmets, shin pads, gloves, and shoulder pads.
- Increase in popularity of the sport influenced by ice hockey events such as Ice Hockey World Championship, World Cup of Hockey, and Stanley Cup is expected to encourage the youth to participate in the sport
- The market in recent years has seen noteworthy research & development investments by key players in order to stay competitive
Rise in Participation and Development of Synthetic Ice Rinks to Drive the Market
- In recent years, the participation rate in ice hockey has increased substantially. Women players are key contributors to the market with participation of women having grown remarkably in the past couple of years.
- In addition, development of synthetic ice rinks across the globe has fueled the demand for ice hockey equipment. Prominent growth in solid polymer material (synthetic ice) rinks has enabled people in Asia and the Middle East to access the sport. The trend is expected to drive the market in the next few years.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Ice Hockey Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Growth in E-commerce Industry to Bolster Online Sales of Ice Hockey Equipment
- The e-commerce industry is growing; this is due to rising penetration of myriad online platforms selling ice hockey equipment
- Rise in consumer confidence for online shopping is expected to boost the demand for online distribution channels
Higher Risk of Severe Injuries to Restrict Market Growth
- Ice hockey is highly susceptible to acute injuries, which in response impacts the participation of the general masses in the sport
- Thus, the high risk of injuries is likely to hinder the growth of the ice hockey equipment market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market
- In terms of geography, the global ice hockey equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the ice hockey equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The ice hockey equipment market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global market in 2018, owing to large number of participants in the U.S and Canada. Ice hockey originated in Canada, thus the region is a key contributor to the growth of the overall market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Middle East & Africa and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Ice Hockey Equipment Market
The global ice hockey equipment market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players adopt various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global ice hockey equipment market include:
- Sher-Wood Hockey Inc.
- BAUER Hockey, LLC
- Franklin Sports Inc.
- New Balance, Inc. (Warrior Sports)
- CCM Hockey
- Cooper Canada Ltd.
- Vaughn Hockey
- Winnwell Inc.
- Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc. (STX).
- Eagle Hockey
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Playing Equipment
- Hockey Stick
- Ice Skates
- Guarding Equipment
- Shin Pads
- Others (Shoulder guards, accessories, etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by End-user
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Online Channel
- Direct-to-Customer Online Channel
- Specialty Store (Sports Store/Franchise Store)
Related Reports Press-Release –
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453