Surge in Demand from Biopharmaceutical Sector to Bolster Market Growth
The healthcare sector around the world has progressed at a rapid pace over the past couple of decades, owing to brisk advancements in technology, increasing focus on research and development, and overall improvement in the manufacturing infrastructure of medical devices. The biopharmaceutical sector primarily relies on hygienic diaphragm valves for various process applications that typically require high levels of hygiene due to which, the global demand for hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market is on the rise. Although the basic design of hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market has remained untouched in the past three to four decades, market players involved in the current market landscape are expected to innovate, explore the possibility of using new materials, and invest resources to gain an edge in the product development phase.
As more number of facilities around the world are increasingly focusing on minimizing downtime with preventive maintenance, the demand for hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market is on the rise. The growing emphasis on curating maintenance programs to improve productivity and early detection of diaphragm failure is another factor that is likely to augment the demand for hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market. At the back of these factors, along with stringent international regulations pertaining to hazardous fluid leakages, entry of Industry 4.0, and increasing collaboration with biopharma industry players, the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market is expected to surpass the value of US$ 415 Mn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market
Market Players Focus on Optimizing Diaphragm Valves to Enhance Bioprocess Reliability
In the current market landscape, the pharmaceutical sector is under immense pressure to optimize production, minimize maintenance costs, and control the manufacturing process. The increasing adoption of hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market for bioprocessing and applications that require high level of sterility are some of the key factors that are likely to augment the demand for hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market during the assessment period. In addition, the adoption of diaphragm valves in stainless steel systems is a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. Moreover, as hygienic diaphragm valves have emerged as the cleanest and one of the most drainable valve solutions for a number of applications in the pharmaceutical sector, the demand continues to grow at a steady pace. Companies involved in the current hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market landscape are increasingly focusing on the production of hygienic diaphragm valves that are resistant to a range of chemicals, temperatures, pressures, and compounds.
In the current scenario, players operating in the current market landscape are expected to leverage the benefits of new technologies, ensure a smooth production line with minimum downtime, and focus on the maintenance of hygienic diaphragm to gain a competitive edge.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Focus on Launch of New Products and Technologies
The players involved in the current hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market are increasingly focusing on leveraging new research findings and technologies to introduce innovative products. In May 2022, ITT Engineered Valve announced the launch of an integrated sensing platform (ISP) that primarily monitors the position of the hygienic diaphragm. With the launch of the new ISP, the company is on course to merge its valve expertise with network communication and position sensing technology. Similarly, in February 2022, Burkert announced the launch of a valve positioner that complies with the Industry 4.0 requirements. While leaning toward innovative technologies is likely to remain the next step for several top tier market players, along with it expanding the product portfolio is expected to gain momentum. For instance, in November 2019, Holland Applied Technologies announced the launch of the BioviZion diaphragm valve.
Economic Slowdown Caused by COVID-19 Pandemic Could Hinder Market Growth
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to hinder the growth of the global hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market in 2022, as governments of several countries announced stringent lockdowns and closure of non-essential industries. A considerable decline in the production volume of raw materials coupled with supply chain challenges due to restrictions on cross-border trade and transportation has slowed down the growth of the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market in 2022.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market
Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market: Overview
- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market for the period 2022–2030 (wherein 2022 to 2030 is the forecast period and 2019 is the base year), expansion of the industrial sector across the globe is expected to drive the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market
- Globally, revenue generated by the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market accounted for ~US$ 267 Mn in 2019, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% in terms of value during the forecast period
Stringent Regulations Related to Industrial Emission and Leakage: A Key Driver
- The growing processing sector has given rise to stringent emission, leakage, and effluent regulations for pharmaceutical, biomedical, biotechnological, food & beverages, and chemical industries. Several regulating authorities in different regions are beginning to adhere to stricter emission standards. Fugitive emissions or hazardous fluid leakages are a major area where diaphragm valves play a vital role. The International Standards Organization (ISO) has developed emission and leakage standards for a wide range of valves that also apply to hygienic diaphragm valves to meet their stringent laws and regulations regarding emission or leakage of fluids.
- The research-based pharmaceutical industry plays a unique role in developing new medicines and vaccines to prevent and treat diseases, and improve the lives of patients worldwide. Its key contribution to global health is turning fundamental research into innovative treatments. Of all industrial sectors, the research-based pharmaceutical industry has consistently invested the most in R&D, even in times of economic turmoil and financial crisis. Compared to other high-technology industries, the annual spending by the pharmaceutical industry is more in terms of R&D, production, and overall expenditure. This may lead to better technologies and components for enhancing productivity and act as a potential driver for the growth of the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market.
Technological Advancements and Collaboration with Biopharma Leaders: A Significant Opportunity
- Major biopharma players are up against a fresh set of challenges even as the pandemic has spurred adoption of technologies and other innovations to support virtual work and other functions. In 2022, increasing investment in research and development by major players in the biopharma industry is likely to lead to the introduction of new technology. This is expected to become a major opportunity for the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma industry. Hygienic diaphragm valve players may enter into long-term or short-term collaborations with biopharma customers for the supply of products in order to meet their requirements.
Increasing Plant Automation in Biopharma Sector: Key Trend of Market
- The latest trend is increasing the use of diaphragm valves in bioprocessing and pharmaceutical sectors, which positively impacts the growth of the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market. Rising popularity of smart valves is also seen among users.
- Governments have initiated various policies for private firms in the biopharma sector for continuous manufacturing of essential drugs and medicines during the COVID-19 situation, which is expected to encourage the growth of the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market.
Economic Slowdown to Hamper Growth of Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market
- The spread of coronavirus has led to lockdown in many countries, thus affecting consumer spending power. The lockdown has resulted in shutdowns of major social networks, which have resulted in economic slowdown. Decline in production activities across various industries around the world will act as a restraint to the global hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market.
- Another factor that might act as a restraint to the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market is the growing geo political tension, which affects the supply chain cycle and increases trade barriers. Massive slowing of the supply chain, falling business confidence, stock market volatility, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about the future are projected to restrain the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market during the forecast period.
Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market include
- Alfa Laval AB
- Aquasyn LLC
- Christian Bürkert GmbH & Co. KG
- Emerson Electric Co.
- GEA Group AG
- Georg Fischer Ltd.
- Entegris, Inc.
Hygienic Diaphragm Valves in Biopharma Market: Key Developments
- Prominent service providers in the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market are increasing investment in innovative products to fulfill the needs of end users. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their product range and presence in various geographies through mergers & acquisitions and tie-ups with local valve providers.
- Some other key developments in the hygienic diaphragm valves in biopharma market are highlighted below:
- In October 2022, Alfa Laval Corporate AB inaugurated its 1600 sq. m fluid handling innovation center in Denmark. This will accelerate the development of new product innovations within the hygienic fluid handling technology, including pumps, valves, and cleaning and mixing equipment.
- In July 2022, Entegris, Inc. acquired Global Measurement Technologies Inc. (GMTI), an analytical instrument provider for critical processes in semiconductor production, and its manufacturing partner Clean Room Plastics, Inc. located in Chandler, Arizona, the U.S. GMTI is now part of the Advanced Materials Handling (AMH) division of Entegris.
- In June 2022, Christian Bürkert GmbH & Co. KG inaugurated its eCommerce portal in Europe helping it to target users in the biopharma sector and enhance sales of diaphragm valves