Environmental Concerns and High Demand for Lightweight Vehicles to Aid Market Growth
The automotive sector over the past couple of decades has witnessed consistent developments in terms of technology and innovations due to a host of factors. Mounting environmental concerns have compelled regulatory authorities around the world to put forward stringent regulations that safeguard the environment. Automotive companies are increasingly focusing on minimizing air pollution and depletion of conventional fossil fuels to gain a competitive edge in the hub motor market for electric vehicle. In their efforts to attain these objectives, automotive companies are pinning their hopes on electric and hybrid hub motors due to which, the demand for hub motors is expected to scale up during the forecast period.
At present, players operating in the current hub motor market landscape are primarily engaged in addressing the limitations of the hub motor to increase its adoption. The entry of powered-internal combustion engines (ICEs) has gradually replaced hub motors due to which, the market growth could potentially slow down during the assessment period. Continual efforts are being made to reduce price, pollution, and environment-friendly hub motors to attract a larger consumer base. At the back of these factors, along with surging interest for electric vehicles around the world, the global hub motor market for electric vehicle is expected to reach US$ 27.4 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle
Soaring Demand for Efficient and Lightweight Vehicles to Propel Market
As the regulatory landscape pertaining to the automotive sector continues to evolve at a rapid pace, innovations and technological advancements are expected to align with these regulatory changes. The growing demand for hub motors, particularly from the hybrid vehicles segment is expected to provide considerable boost to the global hub motor market for electric vehicle. Companies in the hub motor market for electric vehicle are primarily focusing on improving the efficiency and performance of their hub motors to solidify their position in the market.
Several market players are leaning toward deploying magnets that have been developed using non-rare-earth and low-cost elements. In addition, automotive companies are also actively engaged in enhancing motor speeds. At present, researchers are investing considerable resources to produce motors that can reach 30,000 rpm. High focus on improving thermal management, development of new motor designs, and demand for ultra-lightweight in-wheel hub motors are some of the other factors that are expected to provide a strong foundation for the growth of the hub motor market for electric vehicle during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Growing Adoption of Electric Vehicles Likely to Increase Adoption of Hub Motors
Due to growing environmental concerns, the demand for electric vehicles has increased at an impressive rate worldwide. At the back of rising consumer interest for electric vehicles, the global hub motor market is projected to witness considerable growth. The adoption for hub motors in the electric vehicles space is expected to remain one of the key drivers of market growth during the assessment period. Over the past few years, electric unicycles have garnered considerable popularity across the personal transportation sector. In addition, electric unicycles are increasingly being used as a feasible solution to address last mile transportation challenges. The adoption of hub motors to manufacture electric unicycles has increased at a consistent pace over the past couple of years and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period– a factor that is likely to boost market growth. While the demand for hub motors to develop electric unicycles is on the rise, the demand for hub motors to manufacture electric bikes is growing. As China currently leads in the production of electric bikes, it is expected to remain one of the key markets for players operating in the hub motor market for electric vehicle.
Demand to Dip in 2020 amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect on the automotive sector around the world. As the COVID-19 infection spreads, government authorities around the world have been largely focusing on restricting the transmission of the novel coronavirus by imposing stringent lockdowns and restrictions on cross-border trade and transportation. Operations across the entire supply chain within the automotive sector have been largely disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic due to which, the demand and supply for hub motors is likely to remain lower than initial projections.
The industrial lockdown in China in the first quarter of 2020 has put forward several barriers across the supply chain due to which, market growth is expected to remain sluggish in 2020. The demand for electric vehicles is projected to hit a record-low in comparison with the previous years, which, in turn, is likely to have a direct impact on the expansion of the hub motor market for electric vehicle, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Overview
- The global hub motor market for electric vehicle is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 22.57% during the forecast period, owing to the rise in sale and the production of electric vehicles across the globe that has led to an increase in consumption and hence, is expected to boost the production of hub motor. Increase in demand for noiseless operation and a surge in the demand for fuel-efficiency are likely to propel the global hub motor market for electric vehicle during the forecast period.
- Stringent enactment of rules and regulations regarding vehicle emission norms across the globe is likely to increase the trend toward vehicle electrification. Developed counties, including the U.S. and Japan are more focused on the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs). China, Japan, Norway, and the U.S. account for nearly 80% of the global electric vehicle market, which in turn is likely to propel the hub motor market for electric vehicle across the globe.
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Drivers
- Rise in demand for smart cities and growing urbanization across the globe have fueled the usage of electric vehicles significantly, which is likely to augment the hub motor market for electric vehicle during the forecast period
- Significant rise in the price of crude oil for the past few years has made vehicle rides more expensive and inefficient. Lightweight vehicles offer great potential to increase vehicle efficiency. This is a key factor prompting automakers to switch toward electric vehicles in order to offer both efficient and reduced emission vehicles. This is anticipated to boost the hub motor market for electric vehicle across the globe.
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Challenges
- Major vehicle manufacturers shut down their plants due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to the decline in vehicle production and sale. Prominent automakers, including GM, Ford, and FCA under pressure from unions to protect employees, and to follow government advisories, decided to idle their plants across the globe. Toyota, Honda, Tesla, and Nissan also announced a temporary suspension of the production across the globe, which is a major challenge for the hub motor market for electric vehicle across the globe
- Automotive hub motors for electric vehicles alter vehicle ride handling, as they increase the unsprung mass, which is primarily the weight of all components not supported by the vehicle’s suspension system. This results in transmission of more shock and vibration to the vehicle body. Vehicle ride also becomes bumpier and ends up with very heavy wheels bashing through every pothole and speed bump due to poor vehicle ride handling and steering, owing to the unsprung mass from hub motors. This is estimated to pose a challenge to the hub motor market for electric vehicle.
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Segmentation
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment dominated the global hub motor market for electric vehicle due to a rise in production of passenger vehicles across the globe. Rise in penetration of electric vehicles is estimated to further boost the hub motor market for electric vehicle across the globe.
- Based on electric vehicle type, the battery electric vehicle segment dominated the market, as the demand for battery electric vehicles has been rising across the globe due to enactment of stringent rules and regulations regarding vehicle emission. However, major vehicle manufacturers are investing in research & development of battery electric vehicles, which is likely to propel the hub motor market for electric vehicle market across the globe.
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global hub motor market for electric vehicle has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are projected to be highly lucrative markets during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the presence of prominent automotive industry in China, Japan, and India. Major presence of original equipment manufacturers and tier-1 suppliers across Europe is anticipated to drive the hub motor market for electric vehicle in the region during the forecast period.
Hub Motor Market for Electric Vehicle: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global hub motor market for electric vehicle include
- ZIEHL- ABEGG
- HEINZMANN GmbH & Co. KG,
- Protean electric.
- Bonfiglioli Riduttori S.p.A.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- NSK Limited
- Evans Electric
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd.
- TM4 Inc., e-traction B.V.
- Elaphe Ltd
- NTN Corporation.
- Magnetic Systems Technologies
- GEM Motors d.o.o
- Siemens AG
- Printed Motor Works
- YASA Limited,
- Schaeffler AG
- Key players at the global level are expanding their footprint by engaging in mergers and acquisitions with several players in the industry. In June 2019, National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS), a subsidiary of Evergrande Health, acquired the leading developer of in-wheel motor technology, Protean Electric. The deal highlighted significant potential of Protean Electric’s in-wheel motors (IWMs) for electrified transportation. Both companies are expected to jointly develop future propulsion solutions. In September 2017, ZF Friedrichshafen AG formed a joint venture with Beijing Automotive Industry Corporation (BAIC) for production of e-mobility components. This joint venture was formed to supply components to the BAIC Group.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453