High Demand for Printed COVID-19 HiViz Vests
The end users in the high visibility clothing market are increasing their expense budgets to purchase COVID-19 (coronavirus) high visibility vests and jackets useful for workers operating at public places, such as malls and transportation terminals. A specialist for in-house embroidery and printing services, Axent Embroidery Ltd., has accelerated its production activities to manufacture NHS (United Kingdom National Health Service) responder jackets. Such constructive production initiatives by companies amidst the COVID-19 outbreak are leading toward global recognition by various governments.
Volunteers are wearing these jackets at public and crowded places to ensure social distancing, since COVID-19 cases have drastically subsided in European countries. Printed high visibility clothing is witnessing increased demand during the ongoing pandemic. This is driving the high visibility clothing market. Moreover, manufacturers are developing COVID-19 printed HiViz vests for children in the form of jackets and tee shirts.
Get Sample Copy:
Lightweight & Customizable LED Light Systems Spark Innovations in Garment Illumination Technology
The garment illumination technology is becoming increasingly popular in the high visibility clothing market. Coats, an industrial thread company, has announced to join forces with Osram, a lighting specialist to launch Coats Signal Active Illumination – a first of its kind textile innovation, which is washable and customized with LED (Light Emitting Diode) light system. Such breakthrough innovations explain a favorable CAGR of ~6% for the high visibility clothing market during the forecast period.
Competitor companies in the high visibility clothing market are taking cues from the garment illumination technology to gain an edge over emerging market players. They are increasing their R&D muscle in lightweight and customizable LED light systems that can be incorporated in high visibility clothing and accessories. As such, the garment illumination technology offers better visibility range as compared to retro-reflective products.
Request For Customization:
Reflective Tapes Made with Polyester Blends Deliver Durability in HiViz Apparel
The knowledge of safety standards for high visibility (HiVi) clothing is imperative in the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) field. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in reflective tapes that are resistant to multiple washes in clothing. For instance, XM Silverline – a manufacturer of reflective tapes with flame resistant properties, is innovating in high visibility clothing made from fluorescent polycotton yellow combined performance retro-reflective tape XM-6034. Companies in the high visibility clothing market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture tapes that provide visibility during both day and nighttime.
Companies in the high visibility clothing market are experimenting with polyester materials combined with cotton to make reflective tapes more durable as compared to pure cotton tapes. They are increasing their services to offer product samples to clients so that customers can get hands-on experience about the characteristics of the reflective tapes in HiViz apparel.
Manufacturers Meet Stringent CE Standards in Europe High Visibility Clothing Market
The ever-expanding construction industry is one of the stable revenue streams for manufacturers in the high visibility clothing market. However, low light and poor visibility in winter season acts as a challenge for manufacturers who need to tackle this issue. Hence, manufacturers are increasing efforts to meet ISO (International Organization for Standardization) norms that highlight the importance of safety specifications at construction sites. These specifications are very important in the Europe high visibility clothing market where it is important for manufacturers to produce CE (Conformitè Europëenne)-approved safety apparel.
Request For Boucher:
Safety clothing specialist Chris Wellgreen from OnSite Support – a safety supplies company emphasizes that high visibility clothing must reflect from all angles at a construction site even in poor lighting and harsh weather conditions. As such, manufacturers are primarily boosting their production to develop jackets, coveralls, trousers, and harnesses. They are becoming aware about the different classes associated with high visibility clothing necessary to meet regulations laid down by the ISO.
Innovations with Fluorescent Color Fabrics Grow Popular Among Kids Safety Apparel
Apart from construction and warehousing industries, manufacturers in the high visibility clothing market are increasing their production capabilities to develop safety apparel for kids, adults, and the commercial sector. For instance, Glow Chimp – a supplier of reflective high visibility clothing and accessories, is tapping into incremental opportunities to manufacture products such as bag covers and jackets for children. Since parents are becoming increasingly aware about road safety for school going children, this trend has attracted the investor sentiment where manufacturers are designing innovative bag covers and jackets at affordable prices.
Companies are opting for fluorescent fabrics that attract the UV (Ultra Violet) rays of the sun, which helps to deploy high reflectivity in daylight. Other colors such as pink, yellow, orange, and red tend to meet CE EN1150 regulations.
High Prevalence of Struck-by Hazards Fuel Demand for High Visibility Shirts and Gloves
There is a growing demand for high visibility clothing in work environments that are heavily trafficked. Workers performing operations in low-light settings are require high visibility clothing in order to ensure the safety of employees. High prevalence of struck-by hazards in commercial sectors such as transportation, construction, and the oil & gas industry are some of the key drivers that are bolstering growth for the high visibility clothing market. Hence, stakeholders in commercial sectors are ensuring that workers are covered right from the head to the toe in high visibility clothing to reduce the incidence of struck-by hazards.
Manufacturers in the high visibility clothing market are exploring incremental opportunities by producing two-tone polo shirts and anti-impact grip gloves. Creative Safety Supply – an e-Commerce retailer of safety and lean manufacturing products is maximizing its business via online sales of high visibility grip gloves, two-tone surveyor vests, and hats.
High Visibility Clothing Market: Overview
- High visibility warning clothing is necessary to signal the presence of workers who work in dangerous conditions, in luminosity conditions, in day time (including in bad weather conditions: mist, rain, etc.), at night time (including headlights), or while working in places where adequate lighting cannot be ensured (for instance, mines and working in pipes and tunnels)
- Traditionally, yellow vests were worn by emergency services; however, in more recent times, such clothing comprises a reflective tape that reflects more than 80% of light, making it highly visible
High Visibility Clothing Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is the dominant and fastest growing high visibility clothing market. Europe accounted for second largest position at the global level, with the U.S. accounting for major market share in the North America region.
- The market for high visibility clothing in North America is expanding at a notable pace due to industrial expansion. Policies such as ‘America First’ and the recent movement against racism in the U.S. affected the communal stability in the region, which in turn is likely to boost the growth of the market.
- Outbreak of COVID-19 across the globe has hit the U.S. and other countries hard due to imposition of lockdown. Moreover, slowdown in production and lesser attendance of employees are anticipated to slowdown the demand for high visibility clothing in the North America region during 2020.
High Visibility Clothing Market: Market Trends
- Demand for low cost products has been rising significantly across industries, which can meet the high visibility criteria set by regulatory bodies
- Most industries focus on buying products that are comfortable and durable in order to minimize the cost to the company buying safety equipment/clothing
High Visibility Clothing Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Several regulations in various regions are currently evolving to help secure a better health and safety compliance record in the future to take care of modern occupational hazards. Regulatory bodies and numerous independent associations are compelling industries to stringently comply with guidelines of labor regulations. These regulatory bodies imply disciplinary action to enhance the usage of safety products. This is a key factor driving the use of personal protective equipment such as high visibility clothing and headgear.
- Increase in safety standards and awareness about workplace safety has created new opportunity in the high visibility clothing market. Companies have undertaken initiatives to comply with mandates of regulatory bodies to create employee safety awareness and avoid the risk of hazards that may cause injury, while handling heavy equipment at nighttime. These laws in terms of employee and workplace safety are mandatory.
- In the absence of a government body, such as OSHA in the U.S. or the U.K.’s Health and Safety Executive, companies in the UAE have formed a partnership to share information on health and safety risks and best practices. Build Safe UAE (BSU), as the partnership is known, presently has 88 members.
- High visibility clothing provides visual alertness to the other person heading toward the wearer. Many small firms are ignorant of such protective equipment. Moreover, wearing only the upper vest serves the purpose in most cases and hence, this reduces the chance for expansion of other product types in the market.
High Visibility Clothing Market: Competition Landscape
- Competition in the global high visibility clothing market is very high. Large number of small- and large-scale players are present in the market. Key players operating in the high visibility clothing market are
- ASATEX AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Lakeland Industries, Inc.
- NASCO Industries
- True North Gear.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]