Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market: Introduction
- Herpes simplex virus infection is commonly known as herpes. The two types of herpes simplex virus (HSV) are HSV-1 (known to cause orofacial disease such as cold sores) and HSV-2 (causes genital infections). Over 80% of herpes infections are asymptomatic. Symptomatic infections are presented with blistering sores, pain during urination, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. The period of latency and mode of reactivation of HSV is still unclear.
Request Brochure –
- According to prevalence statistics published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HSV-2 prevalence was over 16% among the population of the U.S. and primarily affected African-American women. The Public Health Agency of Canada indicated that prevalence of HSV-1 infection is greater than HSV-2 infections in most of regions. Various publications also show that prevalence of HSV is higher in low and middle income countries. Hence, prevalence of herpes simplex virus is expected to be high in countries in Africa. Demand for cost-effective diagnostic tests is high due to underdeveloped economic conditions.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
- Rise in prevalence of HSV infection, increase in rate of new infections, and continuous mutations in the microorganisms leading to new strains are key factors driving the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market. Furthermore, increase in modes of transmission of the infectious disease and lack of cleanliness in developing regions are further fueling the herpes simplex virus infection treatments market. According to the WHO, more women are infected with HSV-2 than men. In 2012, an estimated 267 million women and 150 million men were living with the infection.
Request COVID Analysis on Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market –
- Rise in burden of HSV encephalitis is anticipated to propel the market in this particular segment. As per the National Organizations for Rare Disorders, the prevalence of acute encephalitis in the U.S. is around 2,000 cases per year, and it includes around 10% of total cases of encephalitis occurring in the U.S.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
In terms of region, the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is anticipated to dominate the global genital herpes market due to a rise in cases of infections of herpes simplex virus. As per the American Sexual Health Association, around 50% of the population in the U.S. suffers from oral herpes that is caused by HSV-1. Furthermore, approximately one in eight people is likely to suffer from HSV-2 infection. Moreover, as per the National Institutes of Health, by the age of 50, approximately 90% of people in the U.S. are exposed to this virus. Hence, this fuels the need for treatment of herpes and subsequently, propels the herpes simplex virus treatment market.
Pre Book Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Herpes Simplex Virus Infection Treatments Market
Key players operating in the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market are GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Agenus, Inc., Maruho Co. Ltd., Sanofi Pasteur SA., Chimerix, Admedus, and AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH. Major Players operating in the global herpes simplex virus infection treatments market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Agenus, Inc.
- Maruho Co. Ltd.
- Sanofi Pasteur SA.
- AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Epi Health LLC
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals
- Carlsbad Tech
- Avet Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Photopheresis Products Market –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453