Growing Adoption of Open-loop Hall-effect Sensors for Industrial Automation to Fuel Market Growth
The considerable boom of the industrial sector around the world, particularly in developing regions of the world, including Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa has played a key role in increasing the demand for current sensors in recent years. The increasing adoption of current sensors in industrial machinery is likely to influence the overall growth trajectory of the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period. The growing demand for high efficiency and improved system performances across the consumer electronics space are primary factors expected to propel the adoption of hall-effect current sensors in the upcoming decade.
Due to rapid advancements in software-defined architectures, topologies, and entry of new materials, players involved in the current hall-effect current sensors market are increasingly focusing on innovations and product diversification to cater to the evolving industrial requirements. The demand for hall-effect devices continues to grow at a rapid pace worldwide due to which, the overall prospects of the global hall-effect current sensors market provide a positive outlook. Moreover, low costs of hall-effect current sensors in comparison with other alternatives is another major factor likely to increase the demand for hall-effect current sensors during the assessment period.
Get Sample Copy:
Market players are anticipated to focus on launching new products, invest in research and development, and continue to tap into the looming opportunities across various end-use industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, industrial automation, etc. At the back of these factors, the global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to surpass US$ 1.8 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Notable Progress in Hall-effect Sensors to Bolster Market Growth
The demand for hall-effect current sensors, particularly for use in applications wherein galvanic isolation is required, has witnessed a considerable growth in recent years. Low current, open loop hall-effect sensors that are coreless are increasingly being manufactured as a cost-effective solution for such applications– a factor that is expected to bolster the growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period. The noteworthy progress in the hall sensing technology has played an imperative role in boosting the hall-effect current sensors market in recent years. Although closed loop hall-effect current sensors are increasingly being used for the production of consumer electronics, the adoption across the automotive sector continues to remain sluggish. Moreover, commendable progress made by hall-effect magnetic field sensors has paved the way for direct differential sensing of current generated magnetic fields. This factor is expected to augment the adoption of hall-effect current sensors during the assessment period.
Open loop hall-effect current sensors are increasingly being used in an array of applications, including industrial automation, broadcast equipment, power monitoring, robotics, and battery systems, thus driving the hall-effect current sensors market.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Market Players Focus on Expanding Product Portfolio to Gain Advantage
Sensing the growing demand for hall-effect current sensors from various industrial sectors, current players involved in the global hall-effect current sensors market landscape are increasingly focusing on expanding their market share and presence by launching new products and product portfolio. For instance, in July 2020, Texas Instruments announced the launch of zero-drift hall-effect current sensor that offers high accuracy and lowest drift while simultaneously providing efficient 3-kVrms isolation. Furthermore, in June 2020, Melexis announced the launch of the automotive-grade 3D hall-effect current sensor that is specifically developed for automotive and industrial applications.
Market Players to Address Supply Chain Challenges amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a moderate impact on the hall-effect current sensors market in 2020. The demand from the industrial sector witnessed a considerable decline particularly in the first two quarters of 2020 due to stringent lockdown measures imposed by governments, restrictions on cross-border trade of non-essential commodities, and shutdown of the industrial sector in several regions of the world. In addition, the disruption in the raw material supply chains mainly due to the industrial lockdown across China is a major factor that led to a considerable decline in the overall production of hall-effect current sensors worldwide. However, the market is showing signs of recovery in the last quarter of 2020, as the industrial sector around the world continues to tread the path of recovery.
Request For Customization:
The global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as advancements in hall-effect sensing technology, increasing demand for hall-effect current sensors from consumer electronics and automotive sectors, and growing emphasis on launching innovative hall-effect current sensors that cater to current industrial requirements. Market players should focus on research and development and continue to expand their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge in the current hall-effect current sensors market.
Hall-effect Current Sensors Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global hall-effect current sensors market for the historical period 2018–2020 and the forecast period 2020–2030, government efforts to boost the electronics industry and the telecommunication sector, and rise in use of technologically advanced consumer electronic devices are factors expected to boost the global hall-effect current sensors market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global hall-effect current sensors market is expected to cross a value of US$ 1.8 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period
Government Efforts to Boost Electronics Industry: A Key Driver
- Governments of various countries worldwide are taking efforts to propel the hall-effect current sensors industry, owing to significant opportunities in terms of job creation and revenue generation in the industry
- For instance, in February 2020, the Government of India proposed a scheme to drive the production of mobile phones and electronic devices as well as their semiconductor modules and electronic components across the country
- The move by the Government of India to encourage the electronics manufacturing industry in the country is projected to drive the demand for sensors. This, coupled with increasing number of technological advancements, is expected to support growth of the global hall-effect current sensors market.
Rising Use of Technologically Advanced Consumer Electronics Devices
- The global consumer electronics industry is continuously growing as a result of growing use of advanced and smart electronic devices such as smartphones and increasing standard of living worldwide
- Companies are investing significantly in R&D activities in consumer electronics devices with people using more number of electronic devices with highly advanced features. The device size is becoming compact due to advancement in these devices. This has led to the use of a large number of sensors, especially micro-sensors and miniaturization of electronic circuits.
- Growth in the use of sensors is driving the demand for hall-effect current sensors. Increasing scope of applications of intelligent hall-effect current sensors in the industrial sector is also one of the prominent reasons for the overall growth of the hall-effect current sensors market.
- Thus, rising demand for technologically advanced consumer electronics devices is projected to have a high positive impact on the global hall-effect current sensors market between 2020 and 2030
Inconsistency in Strength of Magnetic Fields
- Normally, a hall-effect sensor detects a South Pole with the front side of the sensor. This means that the other side of the sensor will detect a North Pole. The sensors are placed alternately in the tool. External and strong magnetic fields in the surroundings of the hall-effect current sensors might cause inconsistency in the results required.
- In devices embedded with hall-effect current sensors, every single sensor of these devices detects a magnetic field in order to give an output signal. If a magnet is accidentally placed wrong on the rotor, then the sensor is unable to detect a magnetic field, as the front of the sensor is facing the North Pole of the magnet (or the back side of the sensor is facing the South Pole of the magnet).
- These inconsistencies in the strength of magnetic fields caused in the hall-effect current sensors are expected to affect the market in a negative manner during the forecast period
Hall-effect Sensors Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of hall-effect current sensors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market are
- Allegro MicroSystems
- Asahi Kasei Microdevice Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Kohshin Electric Corporation
- LEM Holding SA
- Melexis NV
- TDK Corporation
Hall-effect Sensors Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of hall-effect current sensors, such as Royal IHC, ABB, Allegro MicroSystems, LLC, Infineon Technologies AG, and Melexis NV are focusing on the construction of cost-effective hall-effect current sensors to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global hall-effect current sensors market are highlighted below:
- In November 2020, Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation (AKM) developed the CZ-3AGx series coreless current sensors (5V input and 3V output) in addition to the CZ-3A0x series in production (3.3V input, 3.3V output, and corresponding to the UL safety standard UL61800-5-1 for industrial equipment)
- In June 2020, Allegro MicroSystems, LLC introduced an advanced hall-effect current sensor with accurate 400 kHz Current Sensor IC with 5 kV isolation rating. Enabling more efficient power conversion in higher frequency switching applications, the ACS37002 has 400kHz sensing bandwidth up to 180 A with low offset and better than 1% typical total accuracy over the full –40°C to 150°C auto temperature range.
- In the global hall-effect current sensors market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of hall-effect sensor systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global hall-effect current sensors market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]