Polyester Medical Films Market: Introduction
- Polyester is synthetic fiber made of petrochemicals. It is a thermoplastic monomer and classified as saturated and unsaturated polyester. It is used to manufacture polyester films for various applications.
- Polyester medical film is derived from polyester polymer. It is used in various medical applications, such as diagnostic strips, medical tapes, face shields, dialysis and infusion bags, etc. Properties of polyester medical films include flexibility, hydrophobic nature, high thermal strength, wrinkle resistance, UV protection, and shrink resistance.
- These films offer clarity, are easy to handle, and provide excellent adhesion and barrier properties. They are cost-efficient than conventional medical films.
Rise in Demand for Recyclable Medical Films
- Increase in medical expenditure, rise in per capita income, consumer awareness about health, and properties of these films are key factors likely to promote the consumption of polyester medical films during the forecast period
- Polyester medical films are recyclable as compared to other film materials. Advanced quality films, such as film with anti-fogging property (which restrict the water droplets formation inside the film), are expected to drive the consumption of polyester medical films.
- Growing trend for biodegradable plastic is one of the key factors driving the polyester medical film market. Biodegradable films are manufactured through bio-based polyesters, which are derived from renewable sources and mineral oils. These films do not emit any toxins and degrade easily.
- These films are preferred in medical applications due to their recyclability and low cost. Volatile prices of raw materials may hamper the global polyester medical films.
Request PDF brochure
Medical Tapes and Adhesives Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-use, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into diagnostic strips, medical tapes & adhesives, transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS), biosensors, labelling, and others. Demand for polyester medical films in various medical application has been increasing. This is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
- Polyester medical films are employed in medical applications, as they can provide high moisture resistance, clarity, tensile strength, and thermal strength. Thus, high performance standards make polyester medical films a superior option for different medical applications.
- Demand for medical tapes and adhesives in furniture has been increasing. This is likely to provide growth opportunities to the global polyester medical films market. Polyester medical films are used to make diagnostic strips, biosensors, and labelling. This is also considered a key factor boosting the polyester medical films market.
More Trending Reports
Rise in Demand for Polyester Medical Films from Medical Tape Manufacturers
- Based on film thickness, the global polyester medical films market can be segmented into less than 100 micron, 100 micron – 300 micron, and more than 300 micron
- Polyester medical films can withstand extreme temperature and pressure conditions. This is also one of the factors driving the global polyester medical films market. These films have high wicking properties to absorb biological fluids and are preferred in the manufacturing of biosensor strips and medical tapes.
Request enquiry before buying
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Polyester Medical Films Market
- In terms of region, the global polyester medical films market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global polyester medical films market in the near future, owing to the advanced medical sector in the region. Europe holds second position in the market followed by Asia Pacific. This market in Germany is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific countries, such as India, China, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia are offering lucrative opportunist for the polyester medical films market. This growth can be attributed to the rise in population, improvement in standard of living, and development and expenditure on healthcare.
Request for custom research
Key Players in Global Polyester Medical Films Market
The global polyester medical films market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global polyester medical films market are focusing on entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global polyester medical films market include:
- DuPont Teijin Films
- Filmsquest Group Inc.
- Tekra Corporation
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Grafix Plastics
- Cheever Specialty Paper & Films.
- DUNMORE Corporation
- ROL-VAC, LP
- Coveme spa
- Flex Films
- MacDermid Autotype Ltd.
- Vacmet India
- FUTAMURA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suit e 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]