Major Developments in Fiber Technology to Aid Market Growth
Over the past three to four decades, fiber Bragg grating amplifiers are increasingly being used in different applications, including energy, telecommunication, medical, civil & geotechnical, industrial, and research. Due to advancements in technology, and advent of reliable sensing elements and fiber laser components, fiber Bragg grating amplifiers have improved at a rapid pace. In addition, considerable developments have been made in the fiber Bragg grating sensing technology due to which, the global market for fiber Bragg grating amplifier market is expected to have a positive outlook.
At present, advanced fiber Bragg grating-based physical and mechanical amplifiers are increasingly being deployed across a host of industrial sectors. The widening applications of fiber Bragg grating amplifiers across robotics, oil & gas, aerospace, and smart textiles sphere, among others, are expected to provide substantial opportunities for players operating in the current fiber Bragg grating amplifier market during the assessment period. At the back of these factors, the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market is expected to reach US$ 750 Mn by the end of 2030. In addition, considerable research and development activities are being carried out across the world to explore the potential and scope of fiber Bragg grating amplifiers in various sectors.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifier Market
Increasing Adoption in Various End-use Industries to Boost Global Market
The adoption of fiber Bragg grating amplifiers across a plethora of end-use industries is on the rise due to considerable improvements in sensor technology and fiber material. The oil & gas and the telecommunication sectors are expected to provide considerable opportunities for players operating in the current fiber Bragg grating amplifier market landscape due to ideal vibration sensing, which, in turn, ensures efficient operations across engineering systems. Giant strides taken by fiber optics communication has played a key role in redefining the telecommunication sector by offering reliable telecommunication links, minimizing bandwidth costs, and increasing performance. Developments in the fiber optic sensors space has accelerated the production of fiber optic sensors.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Optical sensors that are primarily based on fiber Bragg grating amplifiers have acquired a higher share across the global market due to factors including its lightweight, size, ability to operate without electrical connections, and immunity against electromagnetic interference. In addition, compatibility for non-invasive remote sensing applications is another major factor that has played a key role in the development of the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market over the past few years and the trend is set to continue during the assessment period.
The oil & gas sector is projected to provide lucrative opportunities to the participants operating in the current fiber Bragg grating amplifier market landscape, as considerable efforts are being made to minimize production costs in key reservoir exploration areas and improve oil-well production management.
Demand for Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifiers to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a negative impact on the overall growth of the fiber Bragg grating amplifier market, particularly in 2020, due to several factors such as stringent lockdowns, disruption in the supply chain, fluctuating prices of raw materials, restrictions on cross-border trade and transportation, etc. Apart from the medical sector, the demand for fiber Bragg grating amplifier is expected to remain considerably sluggish and the market growth is expected to be lower than that of 2019, due to the ongoing public health crisis. Market players are projected to focus their efforts and resources to curate effective contingency and business continuity strategies to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Market players are also likely to roll out innovative solutions that could potentially enable the healthcare sector to track or contain the transmission of the novel COVID-19 infection.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifier Market
Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifier Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global fiber Bragg grating (FBG) amplifier market for the historical period 2017–2018 and the forecast period 2020–2030, advantages of FBG amplifiers across several industries for use in a variety of applications and FBG as optical ampliﬁer gaining a ﬂattening ﬁlter are factors expected to boost the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market is estimated to reach US$ 750 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period
Advantages Offered by FBG Amplifiers in Several Applications: A Key Driver
- Adoption of the FBG technology across various industries for use in various applications is expected to drive the market. Fiber Bragg grating amplifiers are small-sized and easy to integrate into a wide variety of systems; they are electrically immune. Hence, there is no conduction of electric current. They are immune to electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference, besides being lightweight, ideal for harsh environments, and have high sensitivity.
- EDFAs (Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier) enable the wide-ranging deployment of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing networks. Advancements in the EDFA performance allow longer ﬁber links between regenerators. The regeneration efforts in the amplifiers are likely to improve ampliﬁer performance. For optical ampliﬁers, gain ﬂatness is necessary to mitigate optical signal-to-noise and non-linear effects in Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing networks.
- Among the technologies available for ﬁxed gain ﬂattening, the most widely employed are based on thin-ﬁlm dielectrics and ﬁber grating. GFFs (Gain Flattening Filter) based on ﬁber gratings include chirped Bragg gratings, slanted Bragg gratings, and long-period gratings. GFFs have a signiﬁcant impact on the level of gain ripple ampliﬁer manufacturers can specify for their devices. This enables ampliﬁer manufacturers to reduce gain ripple, thus offering signiﬁcant economic beneﬁts.
Drawbacks Hindering Market Growth
- Some of the identified drawbacks which affect the adoption of fiber Bragg grating amplifiers for industrial applications include the fact that it is thermal sensitive and difficult to demodulate wavelength shift. It is expensive to build and maintain. Fiber Bragg grating amplifiers also struggle to discriminate wavelength shift due to temperature and strain separately. Though the impact of these factors is expected to be low during the forecast period, it is still hindering the growth of the fiber Bragg grating amplifiers market at present.
Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifier Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of fiber Bragg grating amplifiers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market are
- Com&Sens bvba
- Cybel LLC
- FBGS Technologies GmbH
- Femto Sensing International
- Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
- iXBlue Photonics
- Optical Fiber Solutions
- QPS Photronics
- Technicia Optical Components LLC
- TeraXion Inc.
Fiber Bragg Grating Amplifier Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of fiber Bragg Grating Amplifiers, such as Com&Sens bvba, Cybel LLC, FBGS Technologies GmbH, and Femto Sensing International are focusing on the construction of cost-effective fiber Bragg grating amplifiers so as to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market are highlighted below:
- In October 2022, Optical Fiber Solutions announced the launch of its new TrueLase Yb16/250 active and passive large mode area optical fibers for the high power cutting and welding market
- iXBlue Photonics is focusing on the development of new products. In September 2022, the company released two new single and dual clad Ytterbium doped fibers to minimize the path length in femtosecond fiber lasers or pre-amplifiers.
- In the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market report, we have discussed individual strategies followed by company profiles of providers of fiber Bragg grating amplifier systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global fiber Bragg grating amplifier market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]