Ferric Chloride: Introduction
- Ferric chloride is a brownish liquid with a pungent smell similar to that of hydrochloric acid. The compound is also available in solid lump or anhydrous powder forms. Function-wise, ferric chloride finds use as a flocking agent in drinking water and wastewater treatment in various industries. When small amount of ferric chloride added to water, ferric hydroxide precipitates and absorbs suspended impurities.
- Ferric chloride is usually used as a concentrated solution with minimum concentration of 40%w/w. The compound also finds use in crystalline solid form in few industrial applications. Chemically, aqueous ferric chloride solution is acidic and corrosive to most metals. Ferric chloride is usually produced from chlorine gas and pickling liquors. Ferric chloride which is produced as a byproduct of manufacturing titanium dioxide is also used in many industries.
- Use of iron scraps is another accepted method of producing ferric chloride in industries. The method involves mixing ferric chloride with iron in a dissolution vessel to form ferrous chloride. The ferrous chloride is then oxidized into ferric chloride by a reaction with chlorine gas. In addition, several other feedstock such as mixed oxides, soft iron, and ferric oxides are used in the production of ferric chloride.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rise-in-crude-oil-activities-and-growing-industrialization-to-support-growth-of-the-fcc-catalyst-market-tmr-301219752.html
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ferric Chloride Market
- Most of the electronics products use printed circuit boards (PCBs). High-quality PCB manufacturing technology has allowed manufacturers of electronics products to produce smaller and more complex products. It is considered to be the key to the present day’s dynamic and rapidly progressing electronic innovations. Ferric chloride (FeCl3) is widely used in the manufacture of printed circuit boards for etching process. PCBs are used for making electronic circuits. The global economy is constantly experiencing technological developments. This is further increasing the demand for PCBs. In return, this is expected to drive the global ferric chloride market during the forecast period.
- The cost of raw materials required to produce ferric chloride for industrial purposes is relatively lower. Consequently, many chlor-alkali producers invest in the production of ferric chloride. Demand for ferric chloride is expected to increase during the forecast period owing to the rise in awareness about the need for clean drinking water, especially in developing regions. This is anticipated to further drive the global ferric chloride market during the forecast period.
- Ferric chloride is acidic and corrosive. Therefore, the usage of ferric chloride is limited in certain industrial wastewater treatment applications where noncorrosive alternatives such as alum and ferrous sulfate are used. This is estimated to hamper the market in the near future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ferric Chloride Market
Ferric Chloride: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global ferric chloride market can be segmented into wastewater treatment, metal surface treatment, potable water treatment, electronic etchants, printed circuit boards (PCBs), pigment manufacturing, asphalt blowing, and others
- The wastewater treatment segment is expected to hold significant share of the global ferric chloride market during the forecast period. Printed circuit boards (PCBS) application segment is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR owing to growth in the electronics sector in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Ferric Chloride Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing activities across the globe have come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the global ferric chloride market to some extent.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Ferric Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global ferric chloride market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for significant share of the global ferric chloride market during the forecast period owing to growth in economic development in the industrial sector of China, India, Japan, and ASEAN countries
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in utilization of ferric chloride in municipality wastewater treatment
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers in Global Ferric Chloride Market
The global ferric chloride market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global ferric chloride market include:
- BPS Products
- Malay Sino Chemicals
- PVS Chemicals
- Saf Sulphur Factory
- Sidra Wasser Chemie
- Basic Chemical Industries
- CM Chemicals
- Akzo Nobel Industrial Chemicals
- Asia chemicals
- Chemical Company of Malaysia
- Jinan Runyuan
- National Biochemical
- Kem One
- Sukha Chemical Industries
- Khushi Bhemical
- Tianjin Xinze
Global Ferric Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Ferric Chloride Market, by Grade
- Ferric Chloride Hexahydrate Lumps
- Ferric Chloride Liquid
Global Ferric Chloride Market, by Application
- Wastewater Treatment
- Metal Surface treatment
- Potable Water treatment
- Electronic Etchants
- Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
- Pigment Manufacturing
- Asphalt Blowing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=79056