Explosion-proof Lighting: Introduction
- Proper lighting is extremely important for a variety of reasons. It helps perform work and complete tasks by ensuring well-lit work areas. It keeps a person aware of the environment and improves safety.
- Appropriate lighting also provides a comfortable atmosphere that helps a person feel less stressed. Light fixtures are electrical appliances. However, these can be dangerous in some locations. Stray sparks can set off a buildup of flammable gasses and materials. Hence, installation of explosion-proof lighting is important.
- Companies provide lighting solutions that use powerful LED technology to help create extensive illumination while minimizing risk. Hazardous area/explosion-proof lightings possess extra durable fixtures designed specifically for the toughest environments.
- A hazardous location is defined as a place where concentration of flammable gases, vapors, or dust occur. Electrical equipment that must be installed in such locations is specially designed and tested to ensure it does not initiate an explosion due to arcing contacts or high surface temperature of the equipment. For instance, explosion-proof lighting can be used in commercial kitchens to avoid accidents caused by shattered light fixtures.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Explosion-proof Lighting: Market Dynamics
- Maintaining offshore oil rigs (operating day in and day out) demands illumination and lighting equipment that can withstand harsh conditions of the marine environment. Moreover, the presence of highly flammable and volatile petrochemicals propels the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights.
- Increase in number of offshore oil & gas stations is projected to drive the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights, which in turn propels the global explosion-proof lighting market. Replacement of fire- and explosion-proof lights in existing energy infrastructure is also anticipated to boost the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights.
- Stringent government regulations regarding installation of lighting in hazardous workplaces coupled with an increase in awareness about the safety of employees as well as mechanical assets is expected to propel the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights during the forecast period
- Law enforcement agencies across the world emphasize the use of reliable and safe equipment, which is likely to fuel the demand for fire- and explosion-proof flash lights. This in turn is projected to propel the global explosion-proof lighting market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Explosion-proof Lighting
- Common applications of explosion-proof lights include fabrication workshops, industrial settings, laboratories, and warehouses. Use of this fixture ensures a safe option that would not shatter under extreme conditions, which is ideal for such tough environments.
- End-users of explosion-proof lighting include chemicals, oil & gas, marine, mining, food & beverages, industrial, military bases, and airports. In chemicals, explosion-proof lighting is used in various applications starting with the primary production stage to downstream in the packaging stage, especially in harmful atmospheres, extreme climates, and areas that contain inflammable gases.
Explosion-proof Lighting to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Recent trends include incorporation of powder-coated aluminum housings, stainless steel, brass, high impact nylon polymers, heat-resistant silicone gaskets, and watertight connectors to make fire- and explosion-proof lights more reliable and safe
- Manufacturers are using LEDs for fire- and explosion-proof lights to make these more energy-efficient. This is anticipated to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers in the explosion-proof lighting market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- The global explosion-proof lighting market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Various manufacturers of explosion-proof lighting are present in the Asia Pacific region. Hence, the region accounts for major share of the global explosion-proof lighting market.
- Stringent government regulations regarding installation of lighting systems in hazardous workplaces in North America and Europe is likely to augment the demand for fire- and explosion-proof lights in these regions
- The explosion-proof lighting market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand significantly. The market in South America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period due to less number of companies operating in the regions.
Key Players in Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market
The global explosion-proof lighting market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global market focus on technological developments and expansion to cater to the rise in demand for explosion-proof lighting. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global explosion-proof lighting market include:
- Hubbell Ltd.
- Larson Electronics
- Nordland Lighting
- Zhejiang Tormin Electrical Co. Ltd.
- R. STAHL, Inc.
- Petro Middle East
- Brite Strike Technologies SA
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Explosion-proof Lighting Market, Request for a Sample
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market: Research Scope
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by Type
- Fixed Lighting
- Mobile Lighting
- Small & Portable Lighting
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by Light Type
Global Explosion-proof Lighting Market, by End-use Industry
- Power Plants
- Military Bases
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Transportation Facility
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]