Electronic-grade Polysilicon: Introduction
- Electronic-grade polysilicon is a highly purified form of silicon, also known as polycrystalline silicon. Electronic-grade polysilicon has been the material of choice for use in mainstream semiconductor devices and circuits. Polysilicon has semiconductor properties and, hence, it is widely used in solar power and electronics industries
- Polysilicon can be produced by using three major commercial processes: the Siemens process, the FBR process, and the upgraded process of metallurgical grade. Polysilicon obtained from the Siemens process is in the form of rods, whereas polysilicon obtained from the FBR process is granular
- Polysilicon is generally of two grades: solar and electronic. Solar-grade polysilicon is used in the manufacture of photovoltaic cells, while electronic-grade polysilicon is employed in the manufacture of integrated circuits, power conversion devices, optics, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMSs)
Get Sample [email protected]:
Rise in Demand for use of Innovative Production Process
- Rapid and ongoing expansion of their polysilicon production capacity by market players is likely lead to oversupply of polysilicon for the next several years, thereby prompting manufacturers of electronic-grade polysilicon to further innovate their production processes and reduce operating costs.
- For polysilicon production, manufacturers utilize silane gas as a precursor. This leads to a closed-loop process that can result in reduced costs. Also, it significantly reduces the environmental impact. It also enables production of high-quality polysilicon.
- Polysilicon plants that target the global electronic-grade polysilicon market use ultra-high purity hydrogen purifiers. It is helpful to remove typical impurities such as methane and nitrogen.
- Large gas plants produce primarily trichlorosilane (TCS) gas that are used in the production of semiconductor-grade polysilicon for both semiconductor and solar applications. This provides the manufacturer with flexibility to operate in the electronic-grade polysilicon market place. Hence, increase in use of innovative production process is expected to drive the growth of the market during forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market”
Polysilicon Chip Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on technology, the global electronic-grade polysilicon market can be segmented into polysilicon rod and polusilicon chip
- Polysilicon chip are majorly used in electronics, automotive and solar energy applications. Polysilicon chip technology is increasingly used by manufacturer to develop cost efficient polysilicon material
- Rise in demand for polysilicon chip technology is anticipated to show prominent growth during forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global electronic-grade polysilicon market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The electronic-grade polysilicon market in Asia Pacific is dominated by China, in terms of production as well as consumption. The market in China is projected to witness relatively significant growth during the forecast period. This can be primarily attributed to the rise in government investments in the solar industry and significant growth of the electronics & semiconductor industry in China.
- On the other hand, the electronic-grade polysilicon market in India is estimated to register a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- However, detrimental impact of antidumping and countervailing duty on the market in North America is expected to slow down the market in the region during the forecast period. This market in Europe, Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Key Players in Global Market
The global electronic-grade polysilicon market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for electronic-grade polysilicon. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global electronic-grade polysilicon market include:
- OSAKA Titanium Technologies
- Tokuyama Corporation
- Mitsubishi Materials
- Wacker Chemie
- Hemlock Semiconductor
- Huanghe Hydropower
- REC Silicon
- GCL-Poly Energy
- Yichang CSG
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market, by Technology
- Polysilicon Rod
- Polysilicon Chip
Global Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market, by Application
- 300-mm Wafer
- 200-mm Wafer
Global Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market, by End-use Industry
- Solar Energy
Global Electronic-grade Polysilicon Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]