Global E-SIM Card Market: Snapshot
The global E-SIM card market is rising steadily due to the several advantages of E-SIM card over conventional SIM cards. E-SIM card allows changing mobile network operator at a few clicks, a feature distinct to them. For instance, ability to switch network providers over the air in machine to machine systems such as smart meters and connected cars has substantial advantages in terms of reducing logistics and operational costs.
The compact design of E-SIM and standardization of technical specifications for Embedded SIM technology is another distinct feature that sets E-SIM cards apart from conventional SIM cards. This is because Embedded SIM technology is standardized by Groupe Speciale Mobile Association, which comprises more than 800 mobile operators worldwide. Further, compact design of E-SIM cards is advantageous to original equipment manufacturers for increasing the battery size or to provide additional storage in electronic devices.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=27668<ype=S
A report by Transparency Market Research predicts the global E-SIM card market to rise at a healthy 13.5% CAGR between 2017 and 2025. Progressing at this rate, the market is anticipated to display an opportunity of US$14,613.1 mn by 2025 increasing from US$4,095.6 mn in 2016.
Smartphones Application Segment to Display Leading CAGR until 2025
In terms of application, the global E-SIM card market has been segmented into machine to machine (M2M), wearable and companion devices, smartphones, and tablets and laptops. The segment of M2M, among these, contributed the leading revenue contribution in 2016. M2M is further sub-segmented into connected cars, utility, and others. Of them, connected cars is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 15% between 2017 and 2025 backed by the rising adoption of E-SIM card in the automotive industry for weather information and infotainment.
The commercialization of Embedded SIM for smartphones is expected in 2019. The segment is expected to rise at a robust CAGR of 26.3%between 2019 and 2025.
Asia Pacific to Exhibit Leading CAGR between 2017 and 2025
The key segments into which the global E-SIM card is divided based on geography are North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and South America. In 2016, Europe stood as the leading revenue generation region and is expected to display substantial CAGR over the forecast period. The supremacy of the region is due to the favorable government initiatives for the implementation of “Industry 4.0” technology and solutions. The U.K., France, and Germany are the leading revenue contributors to the Europe E-SIM card market.
North America held the second-leading revenue share in the global market in 2016 with the U.S. contributing the leading revenue. The region is expected to display significant growth over the forecast period. The increased adoption of technology as well as home to key industry players is driving the growth of this regional market
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smart-toys-market-to-observe-stellar-growth-in-future-with-growth-projected-at-whopping-36-4-cagr-for-2018—2026–integration-of-futuristic-internet-of-toys-technology-to-open-large-growth-vistas—tmr-301266764.html.
Asia Pacific, amongst all, is expected to rise with the leading CAGR over the forecast period. The growth of this region is backed by the rising adoption of embedded SIM technology in M2M devices across several countries such as China and Japan.
South Africa and Gulf Cooperation Council are the leading revenue generating regions in the Middle East and Africa. The E-SIM card market in South America is driven by the rising adoption of embedded SIM in utilities to provide smart metering solutions. Brazil is the leading revenue contributing domestic market to the E-SIM card market in the region.
Some prominent players operating in the global E-SIM card market profiled in this report are Apple Inc., Samsung, Gemalto N.V., Giesecke & Devrient GmbH, NTT DOCOMO Inc., OT-Morpho, Telefonica S.A., Deutsche Telekom AG, Sierra Wireless Inc., and ST Microelectronics.
Benefits over Traditional SIM Cards to Paint Strokes of Growth across Global E-SIM Card Market
The E-SIM card market expects to expand at a promising CAGR during the assessment period of 2017-2025. The overwhelming benefits offered by these SIM cards as compared to traditional SIM cards will prove to be a prominent growth factor for the E-SIM card market.
- The embedded SIM technology is a vital feature that attracts great revenues for the E-SIM card market. This type of SIM card is embedded directly in a smartphone. It completely eliminates the SIM removal process. Thus, this aspect may prove to be a great growth generator for the E-SIM card market.
- The ease of switching SIMs is a feature that is expected to reign supreme. This feature is anticipated to add extra stars of growth to the E-SIM card market. The compact and sleek design of E-SIM cards will further help in increasing the growth rate. Thus, all these aspects will bring extensive growth opportunities for the E-SIM card market.
- The increasing influence of smart solutions such as smart meters, electric vehicles, and smart cities will have a large impact on the growth of the E-SIM card market. Favorable government regulations will further enhance the growth opportunities across the E-SIM card market.
- The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has completely changed the growth landscape of various sectors. The outbreak has impacted the E-SIM card market to a certain extent. The manufacturing facilities were shut due to strict stay-at-home orders. This aspect resulted in a decline in the production and demand for E-SIM cards. The impact snowballed into a short-term negative impact on the E-SIM card market.
- Nevertheless, after a brief strict lockdown period, numerous countries relaxed certain restrictions for bringing the economy back on track. The restrictions allowed manufacturing facilities to operate with certain SOPs. This factor may serve as a golden opportunity for the players in the E-SIM card market to increase the growth rate.
TMR is a leader in the market research space providing end-to-end business solutions and consulting services. TMR operates from its own office space of almost 10,000 sq. ft located in a prime commercial complex at Pune. We serve clients in 150 countries with an approach to deep dive into the economic aspects and geographical nuances for unfailing business intelligence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org