No-sew Disposable Face Masks Being Mass Produced to Meet Demands during COVID-19 Crisis
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has compromised several companies in the disposable face mask market of their supply chain demands. There is an unprecedented rise in the demand for disposable face masks, especially in healthcare facilities of the U.S. and Europe. A huge gap between demand and supply of face masks has resulted in the shortage of masks worldwide. Hence, companies in the disposable face mask market are placing their best foot forward to contain the spread of COVID-19. For instance, Under Armour-a supplier of innovative sportswear, is gaining efficacy in innovative no-sew masks that are made from a single piece of fabric.
Innovative no-sew face masks hold promising potentials to be mass-produced by manufacturers. However, one of the biggest challenges that manufacturers face is the time-consuming breakdown of micro-plastics, resulting in increased environmental footprint. Hence, manufacturers are increasing the awareness about reusable masks made from cotton and other biodegradable material to reduce the carbon footprint.
Get Sample Copy:
High Breathability and Skin-friendly Materials Boost Credibility of Manufacturers
High filtration efficiency and blockages against exhaled droplets are the key focus points that companies in the disposable face mask market are focusing on. For instance, iHealth Labs— a provider of connected health products, is offering its Livocare face mask, which is an easy-to-breathe and multi-layered face mask. As such, 3 layer disposable face masks dictate the highest revenue among all layer types in the market and the disposable face mask market is estimated to reach a production of ~556,700 units by the end of 2030. In order to capitalize on revenue opportunities, manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities in masks made with skin-friendly materials and convenient elastic ear loops to meet demands of individuals and other users.
There is a growing demand for 3 layer protection disposable face masks made from soft non-woven polypropylenes. As such, polypropylene materials dominate the second-highest revenue among all raw materials in the disposable face mask market.
3D Printed Mask Shields Extend Life of N95 Mask
Companies in the disposable face mask market are unlocking business potentials in 3D (Three Dimensional) mask shields. For instance, Calorine Shaw, manager at the GE Renewable Energy’s wind turbine factory, Florida, is increasing awareness about their innovative 3D printed shield masks that are created to extend the life of N95 disposable face masks. As such, N95 face masks dictate the highest revenue among all products in the disposable face mask market, where the market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request For Customization:
Simple 3D printers are being increasingly used to develop plastic shields for N95 masks. Users are recommended to wear mask shields over N95 masks to limit the exposure of contaminants through the masks. They are also advised on the CGC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines to efficiently dispose the masks shields. As such, companies are increasing their research in additive manufacturing and mapping its advantages in multiplying production speeds.
Disposable Face Mask Market: Overview
- A disposable face mask acts as a barrier between the wearer and contaminates. Governments of different countries consider disposable face masks as essential, allowing companies to operate even during lockdown in order to provide end users with face masks during the current pandemic without hampering business.
- Production of cotton face masks is high as a result of raw material availability. However, companies are also working on disposable masks made from paper to overcome raw material availability challenges during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Growing number of COVID-19 affected patients globally is driving the personal usage of disposable face masks. However, the product also has extensive usage in the industrial sector.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to show higher growth rate during the forecast period, owing to growing demand for disposable face masks from emerging economics
Disposable Face Mask Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most attractive region in the disposable face mask market during the forecast period, due to increasing population, and growing manufacturing and healthcare facilities. The number of regional manufacturers are increasing in the region to meet the increasing demand for disposable face masks.
- North America and Europe are expected to be other major markets for disposable face masks. Effects of COVID-19 in different countries coupled with consumer awareness about the ill effects of air pollution on health are driving market growth.
- High spending power of the working class population is also expected to fuel market growth. The disposable face mask market in Middle East & Africa and South America is expected to witness slow growth during the forecast period.
Request For Boucher:
Disposable Face Mask Market: Trends
- N95 masks safeguard the wearer from 95% of very small particles (0.3 micron). Such masks offer protection from various viruses and hence, the demand for N95 disposable face mask in increasing.
- Disposable face masks eliminates the need for sterilization and helps in controlling cross contamination with other products. These masks are also cost effective, which makes them an attractive option, thus increasing demand for the product.
- The distribution of face masks is now streamlined through government channels. Manufacturers are providing masks to governments who further prioritize the distribution.
- Several manufacturers have increased the production by making production lines functional for 24 hours, as the demand for disposable face masks is increasing
Disposable Face Mask Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- The rise in number of patients increases the risk of healthcare workers getting infected, and thus face masks are widely used in the healthcare segment. The increase in number of surgical procedures around the world is expected to drive the global disposable face mask market during the forecast period.
- Reusable respirators come with air purifying filters, which can be replaced, this increases the life span of the respirator. Manufacturers are advertising reusable respirators for sporting activities and are targeting young consumers. These factors may act as a restraint to the global disposable face mask market during the forecast period.
- The world is facing a shortage of disposable face masks with a huge gap between demand and supply, which creates opportunities for manufacturers to enter the disposable face mask market
Disposable Face Mask Market: Key Market Segments
- The global disposable face mask market has been segmented based on product, raw material, securing method, layer, end use, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of product, the global disposable face mask market has been categorized into N95, N99, N100, P95, and others
- Based on raw material, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into cotton, polypropylene, paper, and others
- Based on securing method, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into hook & loop and knit
- In terms of layer, the global disposable face mask market has been split into 1 layer, 2 layer, 3 layer, 4 layer, and above 4 layer
- In terms of end use, the global disposable face mask market has been bifurcated into personal and industry. Industry is further bifurcated into chemical, oil & gas, defense, pharma & food processing, medical & healthcare, and others.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global disposable face mask market has been segmented into online & offline. Offline is divided into mega retail stores, pharma & drug stores, and others.
- Based on region, the global disposable face mask market has been classified into: North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of MEA), and South America (Brazil, Chile, and Rest of South America)
Disposable Face Mask Market: Competition Landscape
- Established manufacturers operating in the global disposable face mask market are facing immense competition, owing to presence of many global and regional manufactures. Major players operating in the global disposable face mask market include
- Honeywell International Inc.
- 3M, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc.
- Moldex-Metric, Inc.
- RESPILON Ltd.
- RZ Mask
- Respro (U.K.) Ltd
- idMASK Co., Ltd.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]