Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Market: Introduction
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) are a class of drugs utilized as a therapy for inflammatory arthritis, including psoriatic arthritis (PsA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and ankylosing spondylitis (AS). They are also indicated for the treatment of other disorders such as connective tissue disease including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), systemic sclerosis (SSc), and Sjogren syndrome (SS), along with the treatment of vasculitis, uveitis, inflammatory myositis, inflammatory bowel disease, etc.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=45015
- The disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) market can be segmented based on drug type, distribution channel, route of administration, indication, and region. Based on drug type, the disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) market can be classified into Synthetic (sDMARD), Targeted synthetic DMARDs (tsDMARDs), Biological DMARDs (bDMARD) and others. The Synthetic (sDMARD) segment can be further sub-segmented into Conventional synthetic (csDMARDs) sub-segment, which can be further split into Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Leflunomide, Hydroxychloroquine and gold salts. While the Biological DMARDs (bDMARD) segment can be further categorized into Original DMARDs (boDMARDs) and Biosimilar DMARDs (bsDMARDs). The Biosimilar DMARDs (bsDMARDs) sub-segment can be split into primary, secondary & tertiary. Based on indication, the market can be categorized into ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and others. In terms of distribution channel, the market can be split into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce. In terms of route of administration, the disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) market can be segregated into oral, parenteral, and others.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Market –
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Market
- Launch of novel biosimilar, rising prevalence of arthritis, and an increase in the acceptance of biopharmaceuticals are major factors fueling the disease-modifying antirheumatic drug market. Furthermore, raising burden of rheumatoid arthritis disease coupled with a rise in geriatric population is also driving the market. Arthritis generally impacts the geriatric population, and the prevalence is observed higher in females. Thus, larger cases of this disease could be observed in the geriatric population, which is further boosting the market.
- Various medication are being developed for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis since the last few years. Thus, an increase in alternatives and awareness about safer drugs are further driving the global disease-modifying antirheumatic drug market.
- Moreover, enhanced diagnostic procedures are also boosting the global market for disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Additionally, the market is anticipated to expand due to the transmission of several awareness programs and a rise in number of skilled healthcare professionals. In 2017, AbbVie Inc. was a leader in the global disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs market. Nevertheless, various leading companies are focused on investing on research and development of novel medicines in consolidate their presence in the market.
Pre book Market Report –
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Market
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period, owing to rising healthcare expenditure. However, the lower cost of manufacturing in China and India has resulted in an increase in manufacturing facilities, attracting numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies to Asia Pacific.
- Rise in cases of rheumatoid arthritis disease is also estimated to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period. For instance, as per the statistics of Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, the cases of rheumatoid arthritis have increased from 183,272 in 2007 to 263,365 in 2017 only in India. Thus, observing the number of cases in other significant countries of Asia Pacific, the healthcare activities concerned with the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis would require continuous support from everyone.
- North America follows Asia Pacific in terms of share of the global market. The market in the region is expected to expand at a higher growth rate during the forecast period owing to an increase in research and development activities toward the development of novel therapies for rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, the presence of leading industry players is also projected to fuel the market in the region.
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug (DMARD) Market
The global disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) market are:
- Sanofi SA
- Pfizer Inc.
- F. Hoffman-La Roche AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- AbbVie Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Amgen Inc.
- Sobi Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- UCB S.A.
Browse more Market Reports:
Medical Foods Market:
Assistive Technologies Demand for Visually Impaired Market:
Veterinary Ventilators Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453