Semiconductor Industry Adopts Resilience amidst Disruptions in Indirect Components during COVID-19 Crisis
The disruptive impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is the near term and the long-term are still uncertain. Hence, companies in the current sense amplifiers market are responding to the coronavirus situation by evaluating their workforce, supply chains, and market demand. Analysts at the Transparency Market Research (TMR) are anticipating a dip in revenue projections for the upcoming months. However, the semiconductor industry is exhibiting resilience by tapping into business opportunities in essential industries such as telecom, industrial, and defense.
A slowdown in vehicle sales has created challenges for companies in the current sense amplifiers market. However, companies are looking beyond their immediate supply base and understanding disruptions caused to indirect components and suppliers. As such, the proliferation of the 5G technology is predicted to create value-grab opportunities in a staggered manner.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Current Sense Amplifiers Market
Application Safety Facilitates Faster Design Time and Reduced Bill of Materials
The current sense amplifiers market is expected to cross the revenue mark of US$ 5.5 Bn by 2030. This is evident since there is a growing demand for high voltage and precision current sense amplifiers. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in systems that deliver bidirectional or unidirectional current measurements. For instance, STMicroelectronics— a European semiconductor chip maker, is manufacturing high accuracy current sense amplifiers that provide integrated solutions for faster design time and reduced bill of materials.
Moreover, robustness and application safety are paving the way for manufacturing automotive-grade qualified amplifiers. As such, tolerance to high voltage ranges and protection mechanisms are being preferred by end customers. Enhanced protection mechanisms are vital for handling negative voltage in high power systems, such as batteries, in electric vehicles. The improved current sense amplifiers are eliminating the need for additional external protection components.
General-Purpose Operational Amplifiers Offer Flexibility in Specific Use Cases
Component designers are faced with many options to resolve the issues associated with manufacturing accurate current-measurement circuit for cost-optimized applications. Hence, designers in companies such as Texas Instruments— a U.S. semiconductor design & manufacturing company, are using general-purpose operational amplifiers (op amps) to enable flexibility in specifically tailored components for equipment and devices. Manufacturers in the current sense amplifiers market are identifying circuit/function problem statements to address specific use cases of customers.
Companies in the current sense amplifiers market are increasing the availability of alternative solutions that are beneficial for circuit optimization. They are increasing efforts to address common and challenging functional circuits to boost their credibility in the market landscape. As such, current sense amplifiers are being extensively used to provide information for controlling the current in power systems and prevent overheating or short-circuits.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Accuracy Current Sense Amplifiers Provide Better Thermal Performance and Measurements
Manufacturers in the current sense amplifiers market are increasing their R&D activities to produce precision systems that allow designers to measure small voltage drops across shunt resistors. These resistors are necessary to minimize power dissipation. There is a growing demand for highly accurate current measurements via current sense amplifiers for better thermal performance. In order to improve the efficiency of current sense amplifiers, manufacturers are educating customers about high-side and low-side configuration and about the direction of current flows to meet specific end use cases. Companies in the current sense amplifiers market are enabling better accuracy in measurements for amplifiers by taking into consideration errors related to offset and accuracy gain.
Precision Current Sense Amp Boosting Motor Efficiency in Electric Vehicles
Bidirectional current sense amplifiers are being highly publicized for improving motor efficiency in vehicles. Complex and sensitive systems such as self-driving vehicles require extremely accurate sensing feedback in order to deploy high level of functionality and increased safety. Innovative product offerings are bolstering the growth of the current sense amplifiers market, which is projected to expand at a robust CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period. Thus, the electric vehicles (EVs) industry is creating revenue streams for semiconductor companies.
The sensor technology in EVs is being leveraged with high accuracy current sense amplifiers, since current sensors are needed to control energy flow and optimize efficiency in subsystems such as traction inverters, battery management systems, and on-board chargers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Current Sense Amplifiers Market
Current Sense Amplifiers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global current sense amplifiers market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2022–2030, the increasing usage of current sense amplifiers in telecommunication and automotive sectors for battery management systems, battery chargers, and smartphone applications are expected to boost the global current sense amplifiers market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global current sense amplifiers market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 5.5 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Mixed-signal Circuits: A Key Driver
- A mixed signal integrated circuit has both analog circuits and digital circuits on a single semiconductor die. Mixed-signal ICs are capable of processing analog and digital signals together.
- Use of mixed-signal circuit or system is a cost-effective solution to build modern consumer electronics applications. In real-life applications, mixed signal integrated circuits designs are everywhere, such as in smartphones, air-conditioners, washing machines, and other home appliances.
- Moreover, with the adoption of latest technology, mixed-signal integrated circuits play an importance role in lowering current consumption as much as possible and enhances the performance of devices
- As a result of these factors, the demand for mixed-signal circuit is significantly high across the globe, which is expected to drive the growth of the global current sense amplifiers market during the forecast period
- Current sense amplifiers are significantly used in aerospace & defense, automotive, industrial, and telecommunication applications, owing to their precision, high accuracy, low power consumption, and space saving capabilities
- However, one of the major challenges of current sense amplifiers is the complexity in designing and manufacturing optimized current sensing amplifiers
- For instance, in high-side current-sensing applications, the designer must carefully consider potential events that could cause the amplifier to operate outside of its specified range, and this could be a major complexity in designing and manufacturing current sense amplifiers
- Growth of the global current sense amplifiers market is expected to be negatively affected during the forecast period as a result of this factor
High Growth of EV & IOT Devices in Automotive Sector
- The automotive industry is experiencing unexpected exponential growth in the current sense amplifiers market, as current sense amplifiers are increasingly used in electric vehicles (EV) and Internet of Things (IoT) devices across the globe
- Power consumption is a major factor in battery-operated devices. Battery operated devices consist of current sense amplifiers, which provide a small voltage drop when current flows through the resistor. Current sense amplifiers convert and amplify this voltage drop into small output voltage.
- Multiple manufacturers are focusing on developing low power consuming and space saving current sense amplifiers for battery management systems, battery chargers, smartphones, and other applications due to technological advancements
- Thus, increasing demand for current sense amplifiers in electric vehicles (EV) and IoT devices is expected to drive the global current sense amplifiers market globally
Current Sense Amplifiers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of current sense amplifiers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global current sense amplifiers market are
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Maxim Integrated
- Monolithic Power Systems
- ON Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM Semiconductor
- Semtech Corporation
- Silicon Laboratories
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Current Sense Amplifiers Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of current sense amplifiers such as Monolithic Power System Inc., ROHM Semiconductor, Semtech Corporation, and Silicon Laboratories are focusing on the construction of cost-effective current sense amplifiers to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global current sense amplifiers market are highlighted below:
- In 2022, ROHM Semiconductor announced the availability of the industry’s smallest contactless current sensor BM14270MUV-LB. It offers minimum power loss, which makes it ideal for industrial equipment and consumer devices.
- In March 2019, Silicon Laboratories introduced a family of isolated analog amplifiers, voltage sensors, and delta-sigma modulator (DSM) devices to provide accurate current and voltage measurement with very low drift across temperature
- In 2018, Monolithic Power System Inc. launched MPX 2001 power IC. MPX 2001 power IC is an all-in-one flyback power IC with capacitive isolation & synchronous rectification.
- In January 2017, Semtech Corporation launched a new product TS94033. It is a low power, high performance current sense amplifier supporting 4V to 42V and used in applications, such as battery chargers, notebook computers, wireless chargers, and telecommunications equipment.
In the global current sense amplifiers market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of current sense amplifiers. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global current sense amplifiers market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]