Transportation by Drone: Introduction
- Drones, also known as unmanned aircraft, are being utilized in several industries for different applications such as transporting food, people, and cargo coupled with survey and surveillance. Drone cameras are used to automatically read QR codes that identify shipping containers, machinery and manufacturing equipment, and they can be equipped with RFID scanners that enable them locate or identify items not easily visible from the ground.
- Drones are also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or unmanned aircraft systems. Essentially, a drone is a flying robot that can be remotely controlled or flies autonomously through software-controlled flight plans in their embedded systems, working in conjunction with onboard sensors and GPS.
Get Sample Copy:
Key Drivers of Global Transportation by Drone Market:
- Drones are able to deliver shipments to locations where humans or land transportation vehicles are unable to reach. This is primarily driving the global transportation by drone market.
- Food and hospitality services are of prime importance for people affected by natural disasters, such as floods, earthquakes, and tsunamis. In such natural disasters, human beings or vehicles cannot deliver help to people badly affected by the calamity. Drones are being preferred to deliver food and first-aid services in such conditions. Moreover, drones are also being utilized to transport cargo for military applications. Reduced travelling time, rapid and safer delivery, lower power consumption, and ability to reach remote locations are fueling the demand for drones for transportation. This, in turn, boosts the global transportation by drone market.
- Expansion of the global transportation by drone market is also due to the increased usage of drones for several commercial and military applications. Major examples of these comprise inventory management, inventory tracking, food delivery, medical supplies delivery, border surveillance, and parcel delivery. Moreover, some of the exceptions by Federal Aviation Administration even enable the usage of drones in several industries, which in turn is estimated to fuel transportation by drone market across the globe in the next few years.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Commercial Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The commercial segment is estimated to lead the transportation by drone market during the forecast period. Increasing use of drones for various types of applications, such as inventory management, inventory tracking, parcel delivery, delivery of medical supplies, and food delivery has boosted the commercial segment across the globe
High Cost and Regulations to Hamper Global Transportation by Drone Market:
- Major restraint to the global transportation by drone market is its cost. Drones are expensive to operate for transportation applications. Furthermore, drones are banned in military areas. Legal restrictions on the applications of drone are primarily restraining the global transportation by drone market.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Transportation by Drone Market:
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global transportation by drone market in the near future. Adoption of drones for transportation is gaining popularity in North America, due to rising measures to use technology in military and commercial sectors of Canada and the U.S. Moreover, convenient regulations, such as those by Transport Canada for new remotely piloted plane, is another factor boosting the market. These regulations are likely to further boost the transportation by drone market. Relaxations of regulations are also estimated to propel the transportation by drone market in North America.
Request For PreBook Report@:
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global transportation by drone market is highly consulted with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global transportation by drone market are:
- Unifly NV
- Airborne Drones
- Drone Delivery Canada
- HARDIS GROUP
- SKYF Technology
- Volocopter GmbH
- FlytBase, Inc.
- AIRMAP, INC.
Global Transportation by Drone Market: Research Scope
Global Transportation by Drone Market, by Application
- Hospitality Services
Global Transportation by Drone Market, by Automation Level
- Autonomous Drones
- Semi-autonomous Drones
Global Transportation by Drone Market, by Drone Type
- Multi Rotor Drones
- Fixed Wing Drones
- Single Rotor Helicopter
- Fixed Wing Hybrid VTOL
Global Transportation by Drone Market, by Purpose
- Freight Transportation
- Passenger Transportation
Global Transportation by Drone Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]