Cooking Hood: Definition/Overview
- A cooking hood is an air intake device connected to a mechanical exhaust ventilation system to eliminate grease, vapor, fumes, smoke, steam, heat, or odor. A cooking hood is also called range hood, cooker hood, etc.
- The unit of the cooking hood comprises a fan motor, lights, duct, and other accessories. These hoods have a motor fan which helps to pull the fumes and pollutants in the kitchen.
- A cooking hood removes these effluents with the help of duct and fans. Consumers majorly prefer wall cooking hood and under cabinet cooking hood due to easy availability, less cost, and easy installation.
- The back shelf hood is normally placed in close proximity to the cooking surface and requires less exhaust.
- There are three types of sensors present in the cooking hood: temperature, infrared, and optic. Temperature sensor measures the heat changes due to cooking activity; infrared sensors detect the heat and the effluent in the cooking hood for self-cleansing purpose; and optic sensors are used to measure the transparency of the air.
Get Sample Copy:
Global Cooking Hood Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most attractive region in the cooking hood market during the forecast period due to the steady adoption of household appliances. Manufacturers are keen on entering the Asia Pacific region in order to grab significant market share.
- However, North America and Europe dominated the overall cooking hood market due to preference toward premium brands among the population.
- As compared to other regions, Middle East & Africa and South America are expected to see slower growth rate during the forecast period.
Global Cooking Hood Market: Market Trends
- Consumers prefer equipment with smart features such as wireless connectivity and smart app feature, noise reduction technology in cooking hood and equipped with temperature, optic and infrared sensors. Manufacturers are employing different approaches to reduce noise such as multiple insulation layers, filtration system, motors, and sound absorbing base.
Global Cooking Hood Market: Market Driver, Opportunities and Restraints
- Increasing number of hotels and restaurants and regulations laid by government and associations regarding cleanliness and hygiene are major drivers boosting the cooking hood market. Rising preference for e-commerce among consumers further boosts the expansion of cooking hood.
- Growth in awareness about health and benefits of cooking hood are important factors which are creating huge opportunity for the cooking hood market across the world. Increasing preference for cooking hood in developing countries further drives the market.
- Changing lifestyles and busy work schedules have led to the use of cooking hoods. The lifestyle of people have changed over the past decade and cleanliness of the kitchen is an important consideration.
- Rise in the adoption of IoT devices and increase in popularity of cooking hood with smart features are expected to drive the cooking hood market during the forecast period. Additionally, introduction of innovative shapes and sizes and additional features for increased usability are likely to boost the market.
- Manufacturers are innovating the product and incorporating it with self-cleaning facility, UV protection etc.
- Manufacturers are developing the product by introducing various changes in the product. For instance, North American Kitchen Solutions, Inc. launched UL710 Listed Type 1 hoods which does not require factory cut duct connections and helps in decreasing operating costs and maintains comfort in the kitchen.
- However, the high maintenance cost, and presence of substitutes are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Global Cooking Hood Market: Key Market Segment
The global cooking hood market has been segmented based on product type, suction power, decibel, application, distribution channel, and region.
- Product Type:
- In terms of product type, the global market has been classified into wall mounted hoods, ceiling mounted hoods, under cabinet type hoods, and others.
- In terms of suction power, the global cooking hood market has been segmented into less than 800 m3/h, 800-1200 m3/h, and more than 1200 m3/h.
- In terms of decibel, the global market has been bifurcated into less than 40 decibels, 40-60 decibels, and more than 60 decibels.
- The cooking hood market has been divided into residential and commercial. The household segment constitutes houses, villa, flat, apartment, bungalow, etc. The commercial segment refers to restaurant, fast food chains, hotels, etc.
- Distribution channel:
- The market has been bifurcated into online and offline, where the offline segment has been further sub-segmented into specialty stores, departmental stores, and mega retail stores.
- By Region:
- Based on region the market is classified into North America (U.S, Canada and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K, Italy, France, Germany and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa ( GCC, South Africa and Rest Of Middle East & Africa) and South America (Argentina, Brazil and Rest Of South America)
Global Cooking Hood Market: Competition Landscape
The cooking hood market is fragmented due to the presence of several players. Competition is expected to intensify in the coming years with the entry of several local players. Key companies profiled in the research report include
- Asko Appliances
- Broan, Inc.
- BSH Home Appliances Corporation
- Elica S.p.A.
- Faber S.p.A.
- Falmec S.p.A.
- Miele, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics
- Whirlpool Corporation.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]