The global chitosan market is forecast to reach USD 2,093.5 Million by 2028, according to a new report by Reports and Data. In recent years, various natural, as well as synthetic polymers, have been examined for biotechnological agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical applications. Among these polymers, chitosan is a linear polymer of N-acetyl glucosamine units and glucosamine linked by β (1–4) glycosidic linkage. It is the deacetylated product of natural chitin that is the second most abundant polysaccharide in nature. Due to unique characteristics, such as biocompatibility, non-toxicity, and biodegradability, it is globally used as an antifungal, antibacterial, and adhesive agent. Such diverse applications of the polymer is one of the primary reasons for the continuous growth of the market. It has several possible biomedical and commercial uses. It is applicable in agriculture as a seed treatment and biopesticide, in which, it helps in treating fungal infections. In paints & coating industry, it can be applied in a self-healing polyurethane paint coating. In winemaking, it is used as a fining agent that is also helping to avoid spoilage. In medicine, it is useful in bandages for minimizing bleeding and as an antibacterial agent. The continuous rise in cardiovascular diseases and obesity acts as another contributing factor propelling the market growth. It is a fibrous substance that helps in restricting the absorption of dietary fat, and cholesterol, which has resulted in its elevated application in the treatment of obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
In context to region, North America occupies a prominent market position. The expansion of the market in the North American region is the result of the presence of a well-established pharmaceutical industry and the continuous focus on biotechnological research.
Key participants include Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH, Kitozyme S.A., Primex EHF, Vietnam Food, Advanced Biopolymers A S, G.T.C. Bio Corporation, Bio21 Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Golden-Shell Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Taizhou City Fengrun Biochemical Co., Ltd. and Agratech.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/chitosan-market
Major Points Covered in the Global Chitosan Market Report:
- Market Coverage: This section of the report provides significant details on key market aspects including the key market segments, product innovation scope, and macro-economic and micro-economic growth indicators. In addition, the report segments the global Chitosan market based on product type, technology landscape, and application range.
- Executive Summary: Under this section, the global market growth rate, competitive landscape, drivers and constraints, trends, limitations, and the key market segments have been discussed.
- Regional Analysis: In this section, the latest report highlights the extensive global presence of the Chitosan market. This section offers key insights into the latest trends in the regional markets including North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Competitive Landscape: This section of the report highlights the key players in the global Chitosan market. It further emphasizes the leading products and services offered by these companies.
- Manufacturers’ portfolios: This section includes detailed information regarding the product portfolio of each local and global manufacturer, their strengths and weaknesses, product catalogue, production value and capacity, and other vital information.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Chitosan market held a market share of USD 598.1 Million in the year 2018. It is projected to witness a growth rate of 13.6% during the forecast period.
- In regards to Grade, the Industrial Grade segment generated the highest revenue of USD 287.1 Million in 2018, with a growth rate of 13.4% during the forecast period. The inexpensiveness of industrial-grade chitosan, its traits like non-toxicity, and biocompatibility results in its extensive application, like in agrochemicals, and industrial wastewater treatment, which contributes to the revenue generated by this segment.
- In regards to Source, the Shrimps segment yielded the highest revenue of USD 227.3 Million in 2018, with a growth rate of 13.9% during the forecast period. The revenue generated by the Shrimps segment is attributed to the continuous expansion of fishing activities, the resultant large amounts of shrimp processing waste and the presence of value-added properties in the residues, which has resulted in its wide application in extraction of the polymer.
- In context to Application, the Water Treatment segment occupies the largest market share of 35.0% in 2018, with a CAGR of 13.8% during the forecast period. The extensive application of the polymer in water treatment is resultant of its active biosorbent ability that results in efficacious elimination of pollutants from wastewater.
- In regards to region, Europe holds the third-largest market share of 20.0% in 2018, with a growth rate of 13.7% during the forecast period. Factors like the continuous rise in obesity rate, rising occurrence rate of cardiovascular diseases, and growing geriatric population are spurring the growth of the market in this region.
Request for Custom Research @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2000
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Chitosan market according to Grade, Source, Application, and Region:
Grade Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Food Grade
Source type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- White mushroom
Application Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Food & Beverages
- Water Treatment
- Medical & Pharmaceuticals
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2000
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Explore Reports and Data’s Prime Analysis of the global Materials and Chemicals Industry:
Thank you for reading our report. For further query, please connect with us and our team will provide you the report that suits your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com/
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs
Check our upcoming research reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports
Read More Related Reports: