Everyone has heard about cannabis. Its psychoactive effects have popularized its purely recreational use. But did you know that the marijuana plant has a compound with healing properties? In this new article, we introduce you to cannabidiol, a natural remedy for pain and anxiety.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is obtained from the dried leaves and flowers of Cannabis sativa. It should not be confused with THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, the molecule responsible for the euphoric effects of marijuana. On the contrary, CBD has an anticonvulsant effect and is capable of reducing the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
The most important
- CBD is a cannabinoid that has no psychoactive effects. It does not produce alterations in behavior or perception.
- Its effectiveness as a treatment for treatment-resistant epilepsy has been proven.
- Some experts see in the CBD a solution against insomnia, anxiety, chronic pain, and nausea. These supposed benefits are currently under study.
The best CBD products on the market: our recommendations
Current Spanish legislation does not allow the use of CBD as a food supplement. Although the substance is not prohibited, since it has no psychoactive effects, it is subject to restrictive legislation that makes it difficult to buy and sell. Few manufacturers manage to overcome these barriers to offer a quality product.
After examining the CBD market in Spain, we have decided to recommend you to the Nordic Oil® distributor. This company has high-quality ingredients, fast delivery, and customer service always ready to answer all your questions. We have created a “Ranking” with its best products:
- The best CBD hemp oil 5%
- The best CBD hemp oil 15%
- The best CBD hemp oil 20%
- The best 30% CBD paste
- The best 50% CBD paste
The best CBD hemp oil 5%
We reserve the top spot on our list for the “softest” CBD oil from Nordic Oil®. This hemp oil, whose package contains a practical dropper, contains a concentration of 5% cannabidiol. Each drop of the product contains 1.7 mg of CBD. Once opened, it will retain its properties for three months.
The manufacturer uses CBD from certified hemp plants and does not contain ingredients of transgenic origin. In addition, it is suitable for vegans and coeliacs. Although it contains terpenes (hydrocarbon-like products), you should not worry: they are naturally present in the cannabis plant.
The best CBD hemp oil 15%
Position two of our Ranking is for hemp oil with a concentration of 15% CBD. Each drop of the product contains 5 mg of cannabidiol. Use this article if the 5% CBD oil is not powerful enough. The properties of this oil, except for its greater potency, are equal to those of the previous product.
We advise you to consult the buycbdproducts to better inform you about the use of this oil. Its price is slightly higher than the articles with lower concentrations of cannabidiol, although you will need to spend a smaller amount of products to benefit from its effects. What benefits can CBD give me?
In recent years, CBD has become popular as a natural remedy for intractable symptoms with current medicine. Its use became popular after successfully treating a form of recurrent epilepsy in children. The list below shows a series of pathologies that respond to the administration of CBD:
- Seizures and epilepsy: The use of CBD reduces the frequency and severity of epileptic seizures of certain patients resistant to treatment.
- Chronic neuropathic pain: This pain, caused by a nerve injury, is very difficult to treat with current medicine. Some people use CBD successfully to relieve their symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia: This disease produces widespread pain, insomnia, and chronic fatigue. The use of CBD achieved an improvement in the symptoms of certain consumers.
- Acne: The administration of CBD (topically or orally) seems to be able to decrease sebum formation and skin inflammation.
- Hypertension: CBD has a small hypotensive effect, which could contribute to the decrease in blood pressure in hypertensive people.
- Nausea and vomiting: CBD has been used to treat nausea and vomiting secondary to chemotherapy.
- Lack of appetite: Cannabidiol can stimulate appetite in people who are sick, weakened and lack of appetite.
- Anxiety and insomnia: CBD has anxiolytic properties. It is not a sedative, however, it seems to favor the reconciliation of sleep and relieve nervousness.
- Obesity: CBD seems to be able to alter the composition of body fat, facilitating its metabolization.
- Inflammatory bowel disease and Crohn’s disease: The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD can relieve the discomfort caused by these diseases.
- Dyspareunia (pain in sexual intercourse): CBD, used as a lubricant or oil, allows pleasurable and pain-free sexual intercourse.
- Endometriosis: CBD can relieve pain caused by this disease that affects millions of women.
- Asthma: Because CBD has a certain bronchodilator effect, its usefulness is treated to treat asthma resistant to other treatments.
How to use CBD oil?
CBD is a substance currently under study, for which a Recommended Daily Amount has not been established. In general, a “low dose of CBD” is considered to be the intake of amounts less than 25 mg/day.
Although the consumption of this substance is not allowed in our country, its intake is popular in other nations, such as the USA. There, more expert consumers recommend starting with the lowest possible dose (2.5 mg twice daily) and gradually increasing the amount until the desired effect is obtained.
In Spain, it is considered that this oil can be used safely on the skin. You can apply it on inflamed and painful areas (for example, in cases of arthritis). You can also use it to treat acne, seborrhea, and atopic dermatitis. Simply apply this oil on the problem areas and let it absorb.
What is the price of the CBD?
In this case, we recommend that you invest a little in a quality CBD product. The extraction and isolation of cannabidiol is a delicate process, which requires the use of expensive and technologically advanced machinery. It must then be packaged in an opaque container that protects against oxidation.
It is essential to know in which substance the CBD dissolves. Artificial oils are cheaper but toxic. On the other hand, olive oil, beeswax, and coconut oil will provide you with vitamin E, Omega 3 acids and antioxidants. Your health is priceless, so we recommend you choose the most selected options.
Products with CBD oil contain cannabidiol in varying concentrations. The milder effects will be achieved with low concentrations of CBD (around 5%), while preparations with 10-15% cannabidiol will be reserved for more severe cases, which require a rapid and powerful effect.
Type of oil used
Once CBD has been extracted from the cannabis plant, it must be dissolved in a suitable vehicle. Olive oil and sesame seed oil are the most popular compounds when it comes to diluting cannabidiol. If you are allergic to any of these substances, inform yourself well before purchasing one of these items.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a very promising substance. Its great potential in dealing with those symptoms resistant to current medicine intrigues doctors, chemists, and pharmacists. It is possible that in the coming years we will see a change in attitude towards this molecule. One thing is clear: the CBD is here to stay.
Although CBD is a substance with wonderful properties, it should never replace medical treatment. Do not make drastic decisions and consult with the experts before starting a treatment with cannabidiol. If you use this molecule with caution, you can improve your quality of life while avoiding any unpleasant effects.