- Breathing system filters (BSF) are used for the prevention of gas borne and liquid borne contamination. BSF are intended to replace the filtering function of the nasopharynx and may also replace its warming and humidifying functions. BSF are widely used in intensive care and during anesthesia. Demand for BSF is connected to increasing respiratory problems in a wide range of population coupled with aging population, pollution, and the Covid-19 pandemic. All these factors are expected to lead to steady demand for BSF during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Breathing System Filters Market
- Chances of respiratory disease in patients receiving ventilator assistance is high. BSF are widely used in intensive care in order to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia in patients, which occurs mostly through the patient’s own microbial flora. BSF reduces the risk of this problem. The use of BSF also reduces the risk of cross infection when breathing systems are used for more than one patient. It also helps hospitals to use the breathing system for multiple patients. This is the primary reason expected to increase the demand for breathing system filters during the forecast period.
- Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, pulmonary edema, lung cancer, and interstitial lung disease are respiratory diseases which require BSF for treatment of patients. High incidence of these diseases and Covid-19 fueling respiratory problems generates demand for BSF.
- Manufacturers are investing in R&D to develop more efficient and reliable filters. The use of breathing filters is not risk free. Blockage due to water, secretions, inhalants, and manufacturing faults have all been reported in the past. This generates ample space for new players entering the market.
- The rise in number of diseases due to sedentary lifestyle, pollution, smoking, overweight / obesity, and aging is projected to generate demand for BSF during the forecast period. This, coupled with the investment by governments around the world to improve the healthcare sector is anticipated to drive demand during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Breathing System Filters Market
- In terms of geography, the global breathing system filters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America holds majority share in the global breathing system filters market followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. The U.S. is the biggest market in the world because of its production capabilities in high-end healthcare equipment. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to emergence of developing nations and increased spending on the healthcare sector by many countries. In Europe, the UK is expected to be the dominating country of the breathing system filters market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Breathing System Filters Market
Major players operating in the global breathing system filters market include:
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Flexicare (Group) Limited
- GE Healthcare
- Intersurgical Ltd.
- Pall Corporation
- Pharma Systems
- Teleflex Incorporated.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Breathing System Filters Market, Request for a Sample
Global Breathing System Filters Market: Research Scope
Global Breathing System Filters Market, by Product Type
- Mechanical Filters
- Electrostatic Filters
- Pleated Hydrophobic Filters
Global Breathing System Filters Market, by Application
- Intensive care
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Global Breathing System Filters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release: