Power Filters and Ceramic Rings Projected for Exponential Market Growth
Since companies are getting competitive at increasing their expertise in new technologies for bio filters, manufacturers are pressured to keep up-to-date with latest aquarium filtration trends in the aquaculture landscape. Companies in the bio filter market are increasing their focus on modern power filters that have different capabilities, to suit the specific needs of customers. As such, power filters account for the highest revenue amongst all products in the bio filter market, with a projected value of ~US$ 1.3 billion by 2027. Thus, to increase sales, stakeholders are rolling out special offers and discounts for customers who purchase two or more filters. They are gaining steady profit by selling proprietary cartridges and filter materials.
Ceramic rings are gaining popularity as an affordable and effective bio media. They are increasingly being used in aquariums, and offer powerful biological filtration by keeping the tanks safe from dangerous chemicals. Ceramic rings are anticipated to dominate market growth in terms of value and volume, with an estimated production output of ~460,500 units by 2027, in the bio filter market.
Since customers encounter an increased buildup of ammonia and nitrites excreted by fish, ceramic rings help in the breeding of beneficial bacteria. However, customers need to be assured that these ceramic rings do not filter contaminated water, and only encourage beneficial bacteria to grow on the rings.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Bio Filter Market
Winning Imperatives: Self-cleaning Aquariums and Saltwater Biological Filters
Manufacturers in the bio filter market are tapping into new opportunities, such as the growing adoption of self cleaning fliters aquariums at homes and office spaces. This trend of self-cleaning aquariums is gaining increased traction, as cleaning tanks can be a tedious task for many customers, especially the millennial population who have busy work schedules. Manufacturers in the bio filter market are developing self-cleaning aquariums that are built, incorporated with a combination of cleaning methods such biological filtration along with mechanical and chemical processes. The aesthetic appeal of these innovative aquariums is emerging as a trend for gifting purposes. As such, there is growing demand for small, compact, and aesthetically-beautiful aquariums in the market landscape.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Another trend that is likely to positively influence growth for the bio filter market is the increasing adoption of saltwater aquarium biological filters. Choosing the right biological filter material helps in the breeding of beneficial bacteria in aquariums. Manufacturers in the bio filter market are introducing canister-style filters that are available in various styles and sizes. A lot of consumers are choosing canister-style filters, since they offer multi-functional operations, as these filters contain a number of chambers that can hold a variety of materials that perform several functions.
Growing Need for Cost-efficient RAS that Increase Yield and Save Expensive Resources
Growth in the popularity of land-based aquaculture has propelled the expansion of the bio filter market. As such, land-based aquaculture is projected to dominate in terms of value and volume, in the bio filter market, with an estimated output of ~26,000 units by the end of 2027. Thus, companies in the bio filter market are increasing the efficacy of recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) to meet the growing needs of customers in the aquaculture space. However, RAS are limited by the availability of water and buildup of toxic ammonia excreted by the fish.
Many fish farmers with limited infrastructure and resources are deprived of the access to high-end technological RAS systems, which is likely to hamper the growth of land-based aquaculture. Since small- and medium-scale fish farmers have limited capital, purchasing technologically-advanced RAS becomes an expensive affair for them. To solve these problems, manufacturers in the bio filter landscape are aiming to develop RAS through cost-effective technology, to increase the availability of advanced RAS for small- and medium-scale fish farmers. For instance, Aqua-Spark – a global investment company for sustainable aquaculture businesses, announced a collaboration with BioFishency – an aquaculture solutions provider, to develop simple-to-operate RAS that would help fish farmers increase their yield and save expensive resources such as land and water.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Bio Filter Market
Global Bio Filter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global bio filter market for the period of 2019–2027 (wherein, 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period, and 2018 is the base year), the global bio filter market is anticipated to witness exponential growth in the coming years, owing to a surge in the global demand for fish (for consumption) and ornamental fish, and continuous development of new and innovative products in response to changing consumer habits and preferences.
- The global bio filter market was valued at ~US$ 1.8 Bn in the year 2918.
- Expanding at a CAGR of ~7%, the global bio filter market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Bn by 2027.
Growth in Commercial Fish Production Across the Globe: A Key Growth Driver
- Increasing demand for fish due to growing fish consumption is positively impacting demand in the bio filter market. Global fish consumption exceeded the meat consumption of all terrestrial animals combined. This is encouraging producers to increase their production of fish, which is anticipated to boost the growth of the bio filter market.
- The ornamental fish market is also anticipated to expand at a significant rate, owing to the rise in the demand for household aquariums. Countries that supply ornamental fish are increasing their production, which also positively influences the bio filter market.
Technological Developments to Boost Overall Bio Filter Market
- The growing popularity of aquariums in the commercial sector, such as in hotels and hospitals across the globe, is increasing the demand for ornamental fish. Most developed countries show significant demand growth, especially countries in North America and Europe. Aquarium fish are majorly supplied by developing countries across Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Advancements in breeding methods and transport facilities are anticipated to boost the growth of the bio filter market further. Growing household demand for aquarium fish is anticipated to drive the demand for bio filters in the coming years.
Erratic Climatic Conditions and Lack of Product Knowledge: Key Restraining Factor
- Increasing water pollution, uneven climatic patterns, and the spread of disease among fish farms are the major concerns coming in the way of aquaculture production expansion. These factors are expected to hinder the growth of the bio filter market in the coming years.
- Countries in Africa and Asia are major exporters of fish. Lack of proper knowledge of management and poor technological development are expected to impact the overall bio filter market.
Government Initiatives and Technological Advancements: Opportunity for Growth of Bio Filter Market
- Growing fish consumption is encouraging players involved in fisheries and aquaculture. Rise in the demand for aquarium fish is anticipated to uplift the demand for bio filters in the coming years. Manufacturers are focusing on product innovation and technological developments to cater to the increasing market demand.
- Several governments and NGOs are taking initiatives to encourage manufacturers. For example, FAO is implementing a five-year Western Africa project that is part of a larger GEF-financed Coastal Fisheries Initiative led by multiple partners around the world.
Rising Filtration Capacity and More Focus on Affordable Price Range: Key Market Trend
- The growing demand for bio filters across the globe is encouraging bio filter manufacturers to boost their production capacities, and also focus on developing features such as filtration media, filtration capacity, and better product design.
- Increasing number of manufacturers in the bio filter market is leading to enhanced competition. Major players in the bio filter are focusing on improving product efficiency, such as filtration capacity, and increasing sustainability, which is expected to influence the overall cost of bio filters.
- Technological developments are anticipated to reduce the production cost of bio filters, which is also expected to increase the overall demand for the product across the globe.
Bio Filter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of the bio filter market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global bio filter market include
- Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd
- Aquaneering, Inc.
- Azoo Corporation
- EHEIM GmbH & Co. KG
- Rolf C. Hagen, Inc.
- Marukan Co., LTD.
- Qian Hu Corporation Limited
- Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- Tropical Marine Centre
- Waterlife Research Ind. Ltd.
- Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc.
- Gulfstream Tropical Aquarium Inc.
Bio Filter Market: Key Developments
- In September 2019, Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd. expanded its product portfolio by launching new products with the latest technology – DOOA Terra Tape and DOOA Terra, Line under its brand DOOA.
- Marukan Co., LTD. expanded its product portfolio by launching new products with the latest technology. In September 2019, the company launched a new product – Wifi Smart Feeder, which can be controlled by a mobile application through Wi-Fi for aquariums.
- Rolf C. Hagen Inc. partnered with Omnipet Nutrition, a pet food manufacturing facility in British Columbia, Canada, in April 2016.
- In October 2018, EHEIM GmbH & Co. KG launched a product named Thermo Control, a thermal device which manages the temperature of aquariums.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]