- Every American wish to visit Hawaii – a tropical paradise, but if you happen to live in Hawaii, you must be living a dream of millions. While the magnificent environment has no match, there is an outstanding range of home entertainment facilities to keep you and your visitors forever amused. Fortunately, in Hawaii, you will find a broad variety of Internet providers offering outstanding quality services. According to the latest customer reports, AT&T Internet is the most successful ISP in the United States, especially for both TV and fast speed Internet bundling options.
However, the quality of internet service can differ based on where you are in Hawaii, for example in Honolulu you can possibly find more than in Hanalei. It is extremely important to know which Internet services are available in your area, so you don’t end up paying too much for very slow service. Below, you can find details regarding rates, speeds, connectivity, and availability in a rundown of providers and plans within the state. Let’s find out what providers other than AT&T are the best options for you in Hawaii.
The table below summarizes ISPs available in Honolulu with the greatest serviceability locally.
PROVIDER TYPE OF INTERNET SPEED RANGE COVERAGE AVAILABILITY STARTING PRICE
Charter Spectrum Cable 200-940 Mbps 99% Cable $49.99/mo.
Hawaiian Telcom DSL, Fiber 15-1000 Mbps 97% DSL, 81% Fiber $19.99/mo.
Viasat Internet (formerly Exede) Satellite 12-35 Mbps 100% Satellite $50/mo.
HughesNet Satellite 25 Mbps 100% Satellite $59.99/mo.
Fastest ISPs in Hawaii
PROVIDER MAXIMUM SPEED PRICE RANGE
Spectrum 940 Mbps $49.99-109.99/mo.
HughesNet 25 Mbps $59.99-149.99/mo.
Viasat Internet (formerly Exede) 35 Mbps $50-150/mo.
Hawaiian Telcom 1000 Mbps $44.99-74.99/mo.
The table above displays the highest download speeds available to Hawaiians.
In Honolulu, there are many forms of the Internet: Cable, DSL, Fixed Wireless, Fiber, Copper & Satellite.
• Cable: Cable Internet utilizes TV cables to relay data, the most common internet type. To those who want more speed than DSL, the cable is a better choice.
• DSL: The DSL Internet is suitable for small families, which offers copper telecommunications access.
• Fixed Wireless: Fixed Wireless is one of the several forms of the Internet used by Hawaii businesses. Radio airwaves provide data for this form of Internet between two fixed sites.
• Fiber optic: Fiber optics is the best internet type option available; glass-threaded cables are used to have transmission rates of up to 1,000 Mbps, and sometimes higher.
• Copper: While copper wires are used for many internet types, copper is used on the conventional T-carrier network.
• Satellite: For 100% Honolulu satellite coverage, a dish is needed on the roof or balcony. This Internet form is better adapted for citizens in rural or remote areas.
Please note that not all internet types are accessible in all parts of Hawaii. Talk to a representative to find out what options you have in your area.
Cheapest Internet in Honolulu?
In Honolulu, a tropical city with a vast variety of contracts, speeds, and packs, a total of 19 internet providers — 6 residential providers and 13 business providers. Honolulu provides two of the most competitive Internet services in Hawaiians Telcom and the Charter Spectrum.
The ideal speed required in Hawaii
Honolulu is a paradise hub that resides with visitors and the local community alike in different languages, cuisines, and customs. Foreign businesses and security are also significant features of the region. Despite its versatile lifestyle, Hawaiians and business owners tend to find high-speed internet at reasonable prices.
While searching for an ISP, data limits and transmission rates are two important factors to keep in mind. Internet users browsing the web or streaming films on a single platform requires at least 25 Mbps of speed. Many heavy users like online gamers would require rates of up to 100 Mbps to get better quality resolutions without any lags. Companies and large households would need up to 1000 Mbps to cater to their needs.
Where do I find the highest speed internet?
Charter Spectrum and Hawaiian Telcom are the major Internet carriers for the fastest service in Hawaii overall. These providers can provide speeds of up to 940 Mbps. Please note that the speeds differ throughout the whole region.
Do I need to package a TV or phone service?
If you are interested in extra rewards and annual savings, bundling TV and/or Internet phone service is a perfect choice. Charter Spectrum has services in Hawaii that offer well-planned bundles. To find the right fit and availability in your region, call the spectrum contact number to get in touch with a representative that will help you decide which packages are most suitable for your needs.