- SRS curtain airbag is responsible for occupant safety in case of a (head on) collision. SRS airbags are designed to protect the driver’s and passenger’s head in case of a crash. The sensors in the system detect the impact of collision and calculate the intensity of collision to deploy the airbag.
- Increase in research and development activities and the demand for vehicle passenger safety systems has led to advancements in the airbag system of vehicles. SRS airbag systems are more reliable as compared to older systems. SRS curtain airbag is vital for the correct deployment of the airbag system when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates suddenly. Increase in integration of seatbelt systems in vehicles is driving the automotive SRS curtain airbag market.
Key drivers of automotive SRS curtain airbag market
- SRS curtain airbags are used to protect the driver in case of a head-on collision. Earlier, vehicles were incorporated with the driver and co-driver airbag. These airbags protect only the front of the body. It may cause a head injury after an accident. Currently, vehicles feature the SRS curtain airbag, which protects the head in case of a collision. Consumers demand advanced safety features such as airbags, emergency braking system, and night vision monitoring systems in vehicles.
- SRS airbag consists of sensors and a control unit. When any obstacle appears in front of the vehicle, the driver suddenly slams the brakes, and the sensors in the vehicle sense the impact of collision with the obstacle. The control unit analyzes the impact of the collision and if the impact is above the determined limit, then the SRS airbags are activated that cover the whole vehicle so that every passenger would be safe. The SRS curtain airbag also prevents the child passenger in case of a collision.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive SRS curtain airbag market
- Asia Pacific is home to prominent automobile companies that are consistently focused on the development of new technology regarding safety. OEMs and Tier1 suppliers are offering advance safety features in every vehicle. Countries such as China, India, and Japan have large research and development facilities, which in turn are estimated to boost the SRS curtain airbag market. The U.S., U.K. and countries across Europe have made airbags mandatory in all vehicles, which in turn is estimated to propel the global SRS curtain airbag market.
- The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) and European transport safety council are trying to compel automobile companies to increase integration of safety systems in vehicles.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive SRS Curtain Airbag Market, Request for a Sample
Key players operating in automotive SRS curtain airbag market:
The automotive SRS curtain airbag market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive SRS curtain airbag market are:
- Nissan Motor Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Nihon Plast Company Co. Ltd.
- Takata Corporation
- Toyota Motor Corporation
Read Our Latest Press Release: