- Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) is the study of an object or component by understanding it under varied modifications of voice and vibrations. Automotive NVH testing is primarily carried out to design, minimize, and provide quality assertion of the vehicle’s interior and exterior noise. NVH testing is conducted on various automotive systems including interior & exterior acoustics, intake & exhaust noise, engine acoustics, brake noise, noises from auxiliaries such as HVAC, batteries, inverters, or noise related to system integration among others.
- A vehicle creating loud noise and vibrations influences comfort and the perception of quality toward a particular vehicle model/brand and therefore, excessive or unpleasant vibrations and sound hamper the automaker’s brand image. Therefore, NVH engineering consistently engages in the design and reduction of the impact of NVH on vehicle sub-systems. Enactment of stringent legislation and regulation pertaining to vehicles is prompting the automotive industry to address particular NVH challenges on component, subsystem, and full-vehicle level.
Request for a sample:
Key Drivers of Automotive NVH Testing Market
- Technological advancements in terms of NVH testing instruments, which offer thorough NVH testing of vehicle components and sub-systems, is likely to boost the automotive NVH testing market. For instance, on March 5, 2020, Brüel & Kjær, a leading global supplier of advanced technology for measuring and managing the quality of sound and vibration, released a new version, 2019.1, of its NVH Simulator. This upgrade release brings an expanded ability to model electric and hybrid vehicles, along with over 200 other improvements and enhancements. Additionally, automakers can identify the tonal harmonics in electric vehicles and can resynthesize them in real-time with this upgraded NVH Simulator software.
- Health issues caused due to the loud noise of vehicles has resulted in the enactment of regulations on testing and inspection by governments of various countries. This is expected to boost the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period.
- Rising trends toward comfortable and luxurious vehicles among consumers is expected to propel the demand for automotive NVH testing. Increased competition among vehicle manufacturers is prompting automakers to extensively focus on increasing vehicle NVH rating and avoid noise and vibrations in order to obtain a competitive edge over other rivals. This, in turn, is likely to propel the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period.
- Rise in applications of simulation-based solutions in various industry verticals for increased cost-effectiveness could help boost NVH testing in domain specific offerings. For instance, Altair, a simulation-based company, provides NVH based simulation solutions to its customers. Additionally, Dewesoft Company introduced KRYPTONi-8xLA, which is a rugged, multichannel, and low current measurement module. This device is used for data collection in control applications requiring an input current range of ±20 mA. Such developments are likely to enable automakers to test their vehicle models against number of NHV parameters and acquire higher NVH rating for their vehicle models.
- However, limited availability of database inhibits regular upgrade of the system, which is anticipated to hamper the automotive NVH testing market during the forecast period
North America and Europe cumulatively to account for prominent share of global automotive NVH testing market
- In terms of region, the global Automotive NVH Testing Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the NVH testing market in 2020. North America is a leading region, in terms of adoption of advanced technology, wherein major automotive and aerospace & defense companies have established their manufacturing plants and offices. This has resulted in increased R&D on NVH testing as compared to that in other regions. Therefore, North America witnesses increased demand for NVH testing solutions, thereby accounting for notable market share.
- Additionally, a surge in the demand for premium cars with advanced infotainment systems in North America is expected to boost the automotive NVH market during the forecast period as significant portion of semiconductor content is consumed by these luxury cars for enhanced safety, comfort, and connectivity features within vehicles, which require NVH testing.
Ask for brochure:
Key Players Operating in Automotive NVH Testing Market
The global automotive NVH testing market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive NVH testing market are:
- Benstone Instruments
- BRÜEL & KJÆR
- Econ Technologies
- Erbessed Reliability
- ESI Group
- GRAS Sound & Vibration
- Head Acoustics, imc
- IMV Corporation
- Kistler Group
- m+p international
- National Instruments
- Siemens PLM Software
- Test & Measurement
- Other Key players
Read Latest Press Release By TMR: