- Automotive display system is a vehicle integrated display system that projects vital information to the chauffeur of the vehicle. Automotive display system are usually attached with vehicle’s dashboard and curtails the complexity faced by vehicle’s driver while driving by providing information such as navigation direction, speed, distance travelled, time, and other key driving information.
- There is an increase in demand for modern and accessible display systems that aid in reducing information complexity by providing key driving information. Automotive display screens and indicators are frequently installed in the vehicle’s instrument panel, offer display screen for rear passenger seats, and provide multimedia functions. This is projected to boost the global automotive display system market in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Display System Market
- Increase in preference for safety while driving supplemented with display screen to ensue vital information and vehicle status to the motorist while driving is a prominent factor that is projected to drive the global automotive display system market during the forecast period
- Vehicle control information and running status provided by these systems are projected to drive the automotive display system market in the near future
- Surge in demand for commutation through vehicle is likely to drive the automotive display system market
- With the advent of smart automotive display systems, driving has become a safe, as these systems assist the vehicle driver with crucial vehicle information, including real-time vehicle diagnostics, such as tire pressure and engine heat. Smart automotive display systems are expected to witness considerable demand from high-end and premium automobile manufacturing companies and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulations by government bodies worldwide to incorporate safety features such as ADAS in vehicles coupled with competition among automakers to offer vehicles with updated systems have led to the adoption of automotive display systems
- High cost of automotive display systems is projected to hinder its rate of adoption, thereby restraining market expansion
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
LCD Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on display technology, the global automotive display system market can be classified into LCD, TFT-LCD, OLED, and others. Among display technology, the LCD segment leads the automotive display system market
- LCD display technology utilizes less power as compared to others, and offers more brightness, thereby making it comprehensible during the day time. This is anticipated to fuel the growth of the LCD segment in the near future.
- OLED is an emerging modern display technology that creates efficient and bright displays. OLED is witnessing rapid adoption in the automotive industry, owing to the introduction of autonomous vehicles and augmented reality. Moreover, it offers improved visibility, sharpness, and picture quality as compared to TFT-LCD. These are largely being preferred by key automakers such as Audi, Daimler, General Motors, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
Head-up Display (HUD) Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of application, the global automotive display system market can be divided into instrument cluster, head-up display (HUD), rear seat entertainment display, center stack display, rear view mirror display, and other mirror displays
- Head-up display (HUD) segment is anticipated to witness noteworthy growth in the global automotive display system market. HUD is an advanced safety and technical feature translucent device that displays vital driver information directly to the driver and averts the chances of distraction of the driver, as it projects key information either on the vehicle’s windshield or on a separate screen.
- Installation of HUD is possible in existing and old vehicles, owing to its economic cost structure. Due to modernization of the automotive industry, HUD also recognizes hand gestures and responds to voice commands. This enables the vehicle driver to opt for the shortest possible route to travel.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Display System Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive display system market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant demand for automotive display systems between 2019 and 2027. High production and sales of vehicles in the region coupled with upgrade of safety system, which constitute display screen and display panel, are likely to drive the automotive display system market in the region during the forecast period.
- China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and Australia, are significant automotive manufacturing countries in Asia Pacific. Continuous increase in domestics sales of vehicles due to decline in vehicle purchase loan rate and improved standards of living in Asia Pacific countries are projected to boost the demand for automotive display systems in the region, as they are highly demanded vehicle accessories.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive display system market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive display system market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation.
- Magna International Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Visteon Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- YAZAKI Corporation.
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Alpine Electronic, Inc
Read Our Latest Press Release: