- Advance driver assistance system (ADAS) is an advanced sophisticated safety system that assists the driver of the vehicle during driving and enhances driving comfort, efficiency, performance, and safety, while reducing the number of road fatalities
- The global advanced driver assistance system market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~13% between 2019 and 2027.
- The adaptive front lights segment is expected to hold a prominent share of the market during the forecast period. The adaptive front lights segment is projected to hold ~26% share of the ADAS market by 2027.
- The passenger vehicles segment is anticipated to augment at a considerable growth rate in the near future.
- Advanced driver assistance systems are anticipated to be incorporated in a majority of vehicles in the near future, owing to stringent safety norms and policies enacted by respective regulatory bodies across the globe in order to curtail road fatalities and offer ease of driving.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the advanced driver assistance system market? Ask for the report brochure here
Drivers of ADAS Market
Advanced driver assistance systems in automotive are designed and developed to curtail the number of road fatalities and improve the safety of both, the vehicle and driver, which is projected to be a key factor that is likely to drive the ADAS market.
- An ADAS constitutes numerous advanced safety technologies, which have proven its worth in vehicles through its assistance to vehicle drivers. Moreover, studies conducted on ADAS performance have fueled its adoption.
- Globally, governments and automotive regulatory bodies in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Japan, and France are legalizing and implementing policy framework to mandate the integration of advanced driver assistance systems in vehicles.
- Consumer preference is rapidly shifting toward enhanced safety in mobility, especially for long-route journeys that cause strain on the driver and result in road accidents. Automotive advanced driver assistance systems prevent distraction and reduce the strain on the driver by assisting the driver while driving, through their dynamic and sophisticated features.
- Advanced driver assistance systems are expected to lessen traffic congestion by detecting road blocks and conceiving detours accordingly. Furthermore, advanced driver assistance systems in automotive monitor the vehicle’s operation and driver’s misjudgment while driving.
- In 2019, the European Union announced its new revised General Safety Regulation, which includes new ADAS safety technologies to reduce the number of road accidents caused majorly due to human error. These new advanced safety features are expected to curb, not only road fatalities, but are also likely to pave the path toward progressively connected and automated mobility.
- Consumers across the globe are focusing more on safe and comfortable driving, which has been possible due to the advent of ADAS in automotive.
Challenges for ADAS Market
- Testing and commercialization of advanced driver assistance systems in automotive are still not legalized in several countries around the world. Moreover, ambiguous laws and regulations associated with their application in personal and commercial vehicles are anticipated to restrain the advanced driver assistance system market.
- Higher cost of sophisticated components coupled with higher maintenance cost in conjunction with hacking possibilities are projected to hamper the rate of adoption of advanced driver assistance systems in the near future.
ADAS Market: Segment Analysis
- The global advanced driver assistance system market has been segmented based on technology, component, vehicle, and region.
- Based on technology, the adaptive front lights segment leads the global advanced driver assistance system market. This is primarily due to their ability to aid the driver of a vehicle by automatically switching on low and high beams with varying vehicle speed, which offers improved visibility even in the dark. This ADAS technology enables automotive headlights to rotate and swivel in order to enhance illumination of the road through corners and further improve visibility in low light conditions. Moreover, adaptive front lights change the lighting pattern in order to compensate for road curvature, thereby enhancing night visibility.
- In terms of component, the ultrasonic sensors segment accounted for a noteworthy share of the global advanced driver assistance system market in 2018. Ultrasonic sensors are cost-effective components of ADAS as compared to other components. Ultrasonic sensors are obstacle-detecting components that utilize ultrasonic waves to measure the distance between vehicles and detect objects and pedestrians in the vehicle’s surroundings. Ultrasonic sensors transmit waves and measure the time taken by the waves to return and analyze the distance between vehicles and objects, thereby aiding in maneuvering the vehicle.
- Based on vehicle, the global ADAS market has been split into passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles. The passenger vehicles segment dominates the global advanced driver assistance system market, primarily due to a surge in the adoption of safety features in personal vehicles. Moreover, various governments across the globe are enacting stringent regulations in order to reduce the number of road accidents and ensure public safety.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Advanced Driver Assistance System Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Global ADAS Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a prominent share of the global ADAS market by 2027. Higher production of vehicles in conjunction with surge in the exports of automotive are key factors anticipated to propel the demand for advanced safety features in the region.
- Moreover, the presence of key automakers and OEMs in China, Japan, India, and South Korea, supplemented with the availability of components, land, and inexpensive labor, are driving the ADAS market in Asia Pacific.
Global ADAS Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players operating in the global advanced driver assistance system market include –
- Continental AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Infineon Technology AG
- NXP Semiconductors
- Siemens AG
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Autoliv Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Gentex Corporation
- HARMAN International
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Visteon Corporation
Read Our Latest Press Release: