Advancements in Audio & Video Wireless Intercom Systems to Propel Market Growth
Technological advancements have played an imperative role in redefining the communication space in the past few decades. Wireless products continue to gain popularity across the world, as it minimizes manual tasks such as digging and assist in cutting down equipment and labor costs. Advancements in video and audio technologies over the past few years have boosted the overall prospects of the global wireless intercom market. In addition, the growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) is another factor that is expected to drive the demand for wireless intercoms during the forecast period.
Long-range intercoms are projected to gain immense popularity in the forthcoming years due to which, the wireless intercom market is set to tread through a fruitful period in the upcoming years. Moreover, increasing focus on upgrading security and improving surveillance systems to prevent crimes in commercial as well as residential sectors is a major factor that is expected to drive the adoption of wireless intercom during the forecast period. Due to the entry of cutting-edge technologies, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, different types of wireless intercoms are available across globally. In addition, as business organizations continue to focus on improving internal communication, the adoption of wireless intercoms is likely to grow.
While security & surveillance are expected to remain the primary application or end use of wireless intercoms, wireless intercoms are increasingly being used across the logistics and hospitality sectors. At the back of these factors, the global wireless intercom market is expected to cross a market value of US$ 12.4 Bn by the end of 2030. Fast-paced advancements in the wireless technology are one of the primary factors likely to propel the global wireless intercom market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wireless Intercom Market
Growing Demand from Residential Sector to Aid Market Growth
The residential sector across the world continues to witness considerable changes, particularly in developing regions. The introduction of smart cities, and focus on implementing new technologies and amenities across residential complexes and townships are expected to drive the adoption of wireless intercom in the forthcoming years. Intercom systems have gained immense popularity across the residential sector over the past couple of decades. However, the entry of cellular communication and digital telephone systems could potentially hinder the demand for wireless intercoms in the upcoming years.
In their quest to increase their market presence, players operating in the wireless intercom market are increasingly working toward improving the features of their products and catering to end user demands. At present, wireless intercoms are extensively used as an advanced security solution across the residential sector. In addition, wireless intercoms are also used to monitor and track the activities of younger children– a factor that could spurt the growth of the market for wireless intercoms. While the demand from the residential sector is expected to remain consistent, the commercial sector is projected to provide abundant opportunities as well.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Wireless Intercoms Continue to Gain Popularity across Workplaces Worldwide
Wireless intercom systems have emerged as a popular security solution, particularly across workplaces worldwide due to consistency and optimum performance. Organizations continue to place immense trust in wireless intercom systems to improve security and the trend is likely to continue in the upcoming years. The adoption from the commercial sector is likely to gain further momentum, as there is no need for wires and complex installation frameworks. Wireless intercoms are available across online marketplaces as well as offline alternatives, including electronic stores. While audio wireless intercom systems are likely to have a higher adoption rate, video wireless intercom systems are expected to garner considerable attention in the upcoming years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Wireless Intercom Market
COVID-19 Pandemic to Impact Growth Prospects
As the global economy continues to recover from the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, offices and business organizations are increasingly exploring the different alternatives to enhance workplace safety without compromising on communication. Although the sales of wireless intercoms across the commercial sector was moving in the upward trajectory before the COVID-19 pandemic, sales are further anticipated to increase in the last two quarters of 2020, as offices gear up to resume on-premise operations following the relaxations in lockdown guidelines. Several market players operating in the current wireless intercom market are increasingly leaning toward the development of wireless intercom solutions that have the ability to operate on mobile devices. In addition, as remote working is estimated to stay in vogue for an indefinite period in several organizations, several new wireless intercom systems are being developed to cater to these requirements.
Wireless Intercom Market: Overview
- The global wireless intercom market was valued at US$ 3.8 Bn in 2019 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.5% from 2020 to 2030, crossing US$ 12.4 Bn by the end of the forecast period
- The global wireless intercom market will continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and industry-specific factors. Asia Pacific will continue to be at the forefront of global demand, with the market in the region expected to grow at a higher rate during the forecast period.
- All businesses are affected by the increasing lockdown situation due to COVID-19. Hence, the demand for wireless intercom solutions is expected to decrease with the high adoption of the work from home model across all technical companies.
- Advanced wireless intercom solution for the residential sector is the easiest way of providing security with advanced audio and video based surveillance systems. Solution providers offer video camera features in the intercom system to record video footage of visitors, which may help to track and find criminals.
- Video wireless intercom solutions help to enhance the security levels by reducing the number of security professionals to monitor and provide communication facilities in remote areas. Most customers use a video wireless intercom system for baby monitoring, which creates demand for advancement in design solutions for residential use.
- The increasing demand for audio and video surveillance in commercial and residential sectors is thus, expected to drive the demand for wireless intercom solutions
Wireless Intercom Market: Segmentation
- The report offers detailed segmentation of the wireless intercom market based on technology, enterprise size, and industry
- In terms of technology, radio frequency held higher market share in 2019, contributing maximum revenue in the market. This segment is expected to rise at a steady CAGR during the forecast period 2020 to 2030.
- The Wi-Fi band segment is predicted to rise at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The CAGR of the Wi-Fi band segment is high, owing to growing demand for advanced connectivity devices in wireless intercom solutions across the world.
- Based on enterprise size, the small & medium enterprise segment is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period, due to growing trend among organizations to ensure the availability of wireless intercom services to enhance the communication and surveillance solution for commercial premises
- In terms of industry, security & surveillance was the highest revenue generating segment, which contributed majority of global revenue in the wireless intercom market. This is the result of unceasingly growing number of multinational companies (MNCs) around the globe; globalization of the supply chain has also led to a rise in need for effective long-distance communication.
- Most wireless intercom solutions present in the market can be integrated with security and surveillance systems, thereby offering improvement in the scalability of the surveillance ecosystem. The ‘Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum’ (FHSS) technique involves the switching of communication frequency every second, fostering privacy (private conversations).
- New technologies, such as encryption techniques, are emerging in the wireless intercom market due to which, customers are replacing old intercoms with new ones incorporating latest technologies. Moreover, new wireless intercom base stations can be installed with existing wired intercom systems in order to use wired intercoms in a wireless mode.
- Governments are expected to adopt wireless intercom to connect with different government offices to increase production and operation during the lockdown conditions in 2020
Wireless Intercom Market: Competitive Dynamics
- The global wireless intercom market comprises large as well as mid-sized manufacturers and solution providers who are currently focusing on introducing advanced devices and integrating new capabilities within devices to enable wireless intercom solutions across company boundaries, and meet the need to manage video and audio-based intercom solutions
- Moreover, solution providers are adopting partnerships and acquisition strategies to proficiently compete in the regional market
- Some of the significant players in the global wireless intercom market include –
- Aiphone Co Ltd
- ALE International
- Clear-Com Ltd.
- COMMAX Co., Ltd.
- Commend International GmbH
- Grandstream Networks, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Riedel Communications GmbH & Co. KG
- RTS Intercom (Bosch Security Systems, Inc.)
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Sena Technologies, Inc.
- TAMURA Corporation
- Telephonics Corporation
- VTech Holdings Limited.
- Wisycom Srl
- Zenitel Group
- Zicom Electronic Security Systems Limited
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453