Surge in Demand for Organic and Gluten-free Wheat Flour to Augment Market
Changing consumer preferences and regulatory framework are two important factors that continue to influence the growth trajectory of the food & beverages sector worldwide. Wheat flour is one of the most important core ingredients that is increasingly being used across the food sector in the U.S. The significant rise in the number of millennial population coupled with innovative ways to use wheat flour as an ingredient has led to a considerable rise in the demand for wheat flour in the U.S.– a factor that is expected to drive the U.S. wheat flour market during the forecast period.
Rise in the number of health-conscious consumers and increase in awareness pertaining to the benefits of wheat flour are other primary factors that are likely to aid the growth of the U.S. wheat flour market during the assessment period. Moreover, conventional wheat flour products have witnessed a drastic change from white-pan bread to a range of breads in the U.S. due to which, wheat flour is being utilized in a number of ways. Furthermore, a shift from bread products to non-bread products, including ‘tortillas’ is another major trend that is gaining momentum in the U.S.
In addition, several players involved in the current U.S. wheat flour market are increasingly focusing on wheat breeding and quality evaluation to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. The rise of the digital age has provided wheat flour manufacturers in the U.S. to advertise their products on online platforms due to which, sales of wheat flour in the U.S. have witnessed consistent growth. At the back of these factors, along with the entry of online distribution channels, the global U.S. wheat flour market is expected to reach the US$ 27 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wheat Flour Market
Focus on Flour Fortification to Meet Consumer Demand
Due to increasing nutritional deficit, a number of countries around the world, such as the U.S., are increasingly focusing on the fortification of flour with minerals and vitamins and including the same in preventive healthcare programs. The increasing demand for fortified flour across various states of the U.S. is expected to boost the overall growth of the U.S. wheat flour market during the assessment period. A number of mills around the country has integrated fortification processes to improve the nutrition content in their product. In addition, as the U.S. Government is increasingly focusing on improving public health, wheat flour fortification has gained notable popularity in recent years and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period. In addition, wheat flour fortification is a cost-efficient technique to prevent nutritional deficiencies, especially in younger population.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Focus on Product Launch; Gluten-free Wheat Flour to Gain Popularity
Players operating in the U.S. wheat flour market landscape are increasingly focusing on expanding their market presence by launching niche wheat flour products to gain a competitive edge in the current market ecosystem. Furthermore, a number of companies are focusing on catering to the increasing demand for gluten-free and organic what flour. For instance, in March 2019, Miller Milling Co., one of the leading what flour millers in the U.S., announced that the company is set to tap into opportunities in the organic what flour segment.
In December 2019, Arcadia Biosciences announced the launch of a limited release reduced gluten non-GMO wheat flour that consists nearly 65% less gluten than conventional wheat flour. While expanding the product portfolio is expected to remain one of the key growth strategies adopted by top tier players involved in the U.S. wheat flour market, market players are also anticipated to focus on research and development, product packaging, and consumer transparency to remain competitive.
Rise in Online Sale of Wheat Flour amid COVID-19 Pandemic in U.S.
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has compelled major players operating in the current U.S. wheat flour market to focus on increasing sales via online platforms. The significant rise in the number of COVID-19 cases across the U.S. coupled with the volatile political situation in the country resulted in a considerable drop in the sales of wheat flour in retail stores. Furthermore, stringent lockdown in the wake of the increasing number of cases led to a shift in consumer purchasing behavior due to which, online sales witnessed a spike.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Wheat Flour Market
The U.S. wheat flour market is slated to expand at a sluggish CAGR of 1.9% during the forecast period. Increase in demand for gluten-free wheat flour, surge in the demand for organic products, and rise in consumer awareness pertaining to the benefits of fortified wheat flour are some of major factors that are likely to contribute to the growth of the U.S. wheat flour market during the assessment period. Market players should focus on pricing strategies and expanding their market share by launching wheat flour products to gain an advantage in the current market landscape.
U.S. Wheat Flour Market: Overview
- The U.S. wheat flour market value is estimated to be over ~US$ 22.5 Bn in 2022, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach ~US$ 27 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 1.9%.
- Manufacturers of wheat flour are focusing on fortification of flour to meet the demand for health conscious consumers. Most nutrients are lost during the milling process; thus, it is essential to fortify the flour by adding nutrients.
- Demand for wheat flour is rising from the food processing industry, as wheat flour is the main ingredient in most of the food products. Awareness of healthy lifestyle and nutritional food is increasing among consumers due to which, consumers prefer high-quality, natural, and organic products. Moreover, consumers are curious about the quality of ingredients used in food products, and prefer healthy, nutritious, tasty, innovative food products.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-dairy-alternatives-market-to-reach-valuation-of-whopping-us-34-6-bn-by-2029-transparency-market-research-301000215.html
U.S. Wheat Flour: Market Frontrunners
- Based on nature, conventional wheat flour segment holds around 90% of the total share. However, organic U.S. wheat flour is gaining massive traction with increasing demand for organic products by consumers, and the segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 2.1% during the forecast period.
- In terms of end use, ~80% of the total share is consumed by HoReCa, institutional catering, and food manufacturers. The demand for the U.S. wheat flour is rising from household/retail segment with CAGR 1.9% during the forecast period.
- In terms of distribution Channel, the B2B segment is dominating with value market share 75.3% in 2022
U.S. Wheat Flour Market: Trends
- Rise in Consumer Spending on Premium and High-quality Plant-based Products: Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of balanced lifestyles and nutritional foods, which is why consumers choose high quality, natural, and organic goods. In addition, customers are interested in the quality of ingredients used in food products and prefer good, nutritious, delicious, and creative food products. Plant-based ingredients are in high demand from by bakery, snacks, and confectionery product manufacturers to enhance the texture, taste, aroma, appearance, and nutritional profile of end-products. High disposable income of consumers coupled with willingness to pay extra for premium and high quality products is boosting the sales of organic and fortified wheat flour demand in the U.S. In the country, wheat flour has been used for decades and is one of the U.S. diet’s most vital components. The country is the third largest wheat producer, reflecting the country’s higher use of wheat-based products. For various food applications, the use of wheat flour is growing.
- Growing Processed Food Industry: Expanding bakery industry in the U.S. is boosting the demand for wheat flour, according to American Bakers Association around 2.1% of the gross domestic products of the U.S. is generated from bakery products. Wheat flour manufacturers are growing their state-of-the-art production practices and offering customers creative wheat flour products. The demand for health-beneficial and multifunctional food ingredients is growing worldwide, which has also led producers to launch various functional wheat flours.
- “In April 2022, King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. launched a new innovative product line for its consumers. The company introduced keto wheat flour, pizza flour, organic rye flour, and gluten-free single serve dessert cup flavors. The pizza flour is formulated to make flavorful Neapolitan-style pizza.” Transparency & Sustainability
- Manufacturers rely more on technology now than ever before to match market demand with regulatory and quality requirements, as food safety continues to make big headlines and customers raise their standards for how their food is processed
- Companies that willingly comply with environmental standards and food safety certification requirements are expected to dominate the market. Such certifications include Halal, Kosher, and Organic.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=35393
U.S. Wheat Flour Market: Players
- Some of the key players operating in the U.S. wheat flour market, as profiled in the study are
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ardent Mills, LLC
- General Mills Inc
- King Arthur Flour Company
- North Dakota Mill
- Grain Miller
- Inc Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
- Arrowhead Mills and Sunrise Flour Mills
- among others