Vesical Drainage Catheters Market: Introduction
- The urinary catheter is a flexible tube made from various materials including rubber, plastic, and silicon. It is utilized to empty the bladder and collect urine in a drainage bag in conditions such as urinary incontinence, physical obstruction to urine flow, etc. Intermittent and indwelling are the two main types of catheters.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers, Restrain and Opportunities of Global Vesical Drainage Catheters Market
- Urinary catheters effectively manage bladder dysfunction in the geriatric population. In the geriatric population, tissues of the bladder become less stretchy and toughen with age and hence, the bladder walls weaken. This leads to issues while emptying the balder. Thus, a surge in the geriatric population is anticipated to drive the demand for vesical drainage catheters and subsequently, drive the market.
- Catheterization is an effective way to treat overflow incontinence. Urinary tract infection, vaginal infection, constipation, etc., are major causes of urinary incontinence. Severe incontinence increases at a rapid rate between the ages of 70 and 80, and it is more prevalent in women. Thus, increase in prevalence of the condition mentioned above and urinary diseases is boosting the market. For instance, chronic kidney disease is a leading cause of mortality and morbidity globally. In 2017, estimated prevalence was 9.1% across 195 countries worldwide.
Request COVID Analysis on Vesical Drainage Catheters Market –
- Key players operating in the market engage in manufacturing and introduction of new products in order to cater to the medical needs. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, in February 2019, Safe Medical Design Inc. received U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for commercialization of Signal Catheter in the U.S.
- However, risk associated with catheters such as bladder spasms, pain, blood, or debris in the catheter tube, injury to the bladder due to incorrect inserting, etc., hampers its use and consequently, restrains the market
- Developing countries in regions such as Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America offer significant opportunities to manufacturers owing to a rise in awareness about the use of catheters and growing government initiatives to increase access to healthcare products
Request Customization on Vesical Drainage Catheters Report –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Vesical Drainage Catheters Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global vesical drainage catheters market due to high prevalence of urinary diseases. Moreover, introduction of new products by key players is likely augment the market. For instance, in October 2016, Adapta Medical, Inc. received U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for PerfIC Cath intermittent touchless urinary catheter. This enabled the company to expand its catheters product line.
- The vesical drainage catheters market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in the geriatric population with urinary diseases in the region
Pre Book Vesical Drainage Catheters Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Vesical Drainage Catheters Market
The global vesical drainage catheters market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for vesical drainage catheters has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in the prevalence of urinary diseases. Industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand their market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in market. For instance, LoCost Medical Supply, LLC., DiaMedical USA, Aeroflow, Inc., etc., major distributors of urinary catheters
Major players operating in the global vesical drainage catheters market are:
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific
- NeoMed, Inc.
- Sterimed Group
- Other Prominent Players
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Photopheresis Products Market –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453