Advantages over Conventional Lease Models to Boost Demand for Vehicle Subscriptions
The vehicle subscription market has taken off in the past decade as a result of the ease of exploring new products and mobility alternatives via online channels. Consumers are increasingly inclining toward utilizing new services, which, in turn, have kick-started a notable shift in the automotive retailing space. Although car dealerships are anticipated to remain one of the top most factors influencing consumer decisions, the advent of various digital channels are expected to gradually gain popularity. Moreover, modern day consumers are more open to paying their finances using digital channels due to which, the demand for vehicle subscriptions has increased consistently particularly in developed regions.
In the current scenario, a number of consumers is increasingly opting for vehicle subscription services in comparison with car ownership due to a host of factors. Despite vehicle subscription being a niche product in the current scenario, analysts at the Transparency Market Research are of the opinion that this business model is projected to garner immense popularity in the upcoming decade. The growing popularity of leasing out vehicles, mainly in developed regions of the world, is expected to have a strong influence on the growth of the global vehicle subscription market during the forecast period.
Despite rise in disposable income in several parts of the world, consumers are increasingly interested in opting for vehicle subscriptions, as it offers flexibility and opportunity to drive different vehicles. At the back of these factors, the global vehicle subscription market is expected to surpass the US$ 81 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Vehicle Subscription Market
High Market Growth across Developed Regions
Due to the robust automotive framework and presence of top-tier companies in the developed regions, including North America and Europe, vehicle subscriptions have garnered immense popularity in these regions. While the subscription trend has gradually taken over modern day consumerism, vehicle subscription remains at a nascent stage. The automotive industry is aligning its operations in response to evolving consumer preferences by curating customized subscription plans. Some of the prominent stakeholders involved in the vehicle subscription market, including car manufacturers, insurance firms, tech-startups, lending companies, and repair companies and on the course to modify their business operations to accommodate the increasing the demand for vehicle subscription. The increasing acceptance of the term ‘temporary ownership’ among the current generation of consumers is projected to fuel the demand for vehicle subscription during the assessment period.
Furthermore, at present, consumers are of the opinion that vehicle subscription models are more cost-efficient in the long run in comparison with conventional car lease, outright purchases, or rentals– another factor that is likely to fuel the expansion of the global vehicle subscription market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increase in Consumer Demand for Flexible Subscription Models to Drive Global Market
While the developed regions are slated to remain at the forefront in terms of vehicle subscription, the Asia Pacific region is gradually entering the mix as market players in nations including India and China continue to express considerable interest in the vehicle subscription model.
Although car ownership is expected to remain popular, consumers are increasingly opting for flexible offerings. While financial factors are likely to have a strong influence on the eventual consumer purchase decisions, other factors including possibility of changing vehicles, flexibility of terminating a contract, adjusting the scope of service, and more are expected to bolster the demand for vehicle subscription during the assessment period. The increasing popularity of electric vehicles is expected to have a strong influence on the growth of the global vehicle subscription market during the assessment period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Vehicle Subscription Market
Demand for Vehicle Subscriptions to Increase Post COVID-19 Pandemic
Over the past few years, the demand for personal mobility witnessed a major spike around the world. However, the growth curve was largely disrupted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic due to which, automotive manufacturers and car dealerships are increasingly diversifying their services. As the demand for vehicle subscription is anticipated to remain less in the first three quarters of 2020 and markets around the world open up, the demand is likely to increase. Consumers are projected to lean away from using public transport alternatives due to safety reasons amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic due to which, vehicle subscription market is expected to gain popularity.
The global vehicle subscription market is on the course to expand at a staggering CAGR of ~15% during the assessment period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as increasing demand for personal mobility, benefits of vehicle subscription models in comparison with traditional lease and outright purchase, ease of maintenance, etc. The high demand from developed regions is anticipated to play a key role in boosting the growth of the global vehicle subscription market in the first half of the forecast period. However, the Asia Pacific region is expected to provide abundant opportunities to players involved in the current vehicle subscription market landscape.
Vehicle Subscription Market: Overview
- The global vehicle subscription market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~15% during the forecast period, owing to the growing adoption of vehicle subscription model, as it is cost-effective and offers easy user access to vehicles. Moreover, growing competition is propelling service providers to offer better services and pricing, consequently, boosting the market.
- The global vehicle subscription market is in the nascent phase, especially in developing nations, considering the change in consumer behavior from ownership to user model. OEMs are offering vehicle subscription service and thus, competing with mobility providers and technology companies. Several OEMs have started rolling out vehicle subscription services either directly or in partnership with third-party providers, which is estimated to create a much needed trust for higher vehicle subscription.
Drivers of Vehicle Subscription Market
- Flexibility, convenience, and affordability are key factors driving the vehicle subscription market. Car subscription services represent a fundamental paradigm shift for the average automotive consumer. Instead of buying or even leasing, consumers are likely to subscribe to the vehicle, while paying a monthly subscription fee that covers complete vehicle maintenance expenses such as insurance, regular vehicle maintenance, and roadside assistance. Moreover, vehicle subscribers can swap or quit the subscribed vehicle without paying extra charges, which is nor facilitated in the vehicle leasing model. Therefore, these benefits are propelling the vehicle subscription market.
Challenges for Vehicle Subscription Market
- Major restraint to the global vehicle subscription market is the well-established vehicle leasing, rental, and sharing market
- Large number of vehicle leasing, rental, and shared mobility service providers are operating across the globe and hence, vehicle leasing and sharing services have a strong foothold across the globe. This, in turn, is restraining the global vehicle subscription market.
- Design of more flexible leasing models and better ride-hailing features offered by service providers are estimated to further restrain the vehicle subscription market
Segmentation of Vehicle Subscription Market
- The global vehicle subscription market has been segmented based on subscription type, service provider, package, end user, and region
- Based on subscription type, the multi brand segment dominated the global vehicle subscription market, as currently with multi brand mobility, providers offer the flexibility of switching to cross-brands. Thus, multi brand subscription type holds a major share of the market.
- Based on service type, the mobility providers segment holds a major share of the market, as mobility providers are early adopters of vehicle subscription model, while in recent times, OEMs have started offering vehicle subscription, individually, and with the support of technology companies
- Based on package, the standard segment is estimated to hold a major share of the market. This segment is likely to maintain its dominance of the market.
- Based on end user, the private segment accounted for a major share, while business class end users have started adopting subscription models. The business segment is projected to gain higher market share in the near future.
Vehicle Subscription Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global vehicle subscription market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the global market. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate, as compared to the market in other regions, owing to rise in population, urbanization, industrialization and improvement in living standards of the people in the region. This is estimated to boost vehicle sales in rapidly developing countries such as China and India. Moreover, the introduction of the vehicle subscription services is projected to facilitate access to four-wheelers for more number of middle class people in the region at a flexible monthly package covering all maintenance fees excluding fuel cost.
Vehicle Subscription Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global vehicle subscription market include
- Fair Financial Corp
- Clutch Technology
- Cluno GmbH
- Rentals Pty Ltd.
- The global vehicle subscription market is fragmented with the involvement of numerous OEMs, mobility providers, and technology companies competing to gain market share. Moreover, the market is expected to witness the entry of new players, thus leading to further fragmentation of the market. This will strengthen the bargaining power of buyers.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453