UWB Technology Scales in COVID-19 Contact Tracing and Social Distancing Applications
The ultra wideband (UWB) technology is proving to be beneficial in COVID-19 (coronavirus) contact tracing and social distancing applications. This technology is helping countries to prevent the spread of the infection. The ultra wideband chipset market is projected to expand at a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Real-time measurement of location and distance with the help of the ultra wideband technology is anticipated to contribute toward the exponential growth of the market post the pandemic.
UWB is being highly publicized for its high accuracy in contact tracing amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. Companies in the ultra wideband chipset market are increasing awareness about other broad applications such as secure keyless entry to cars, improvement of operational efficiencies in factories, and locating essential supplies in hospitals.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=63666<ype=S
Companies Unlock Revenue Streams in Controlling Forklifts and Robots in Warehouses
The ultra wideband technology is prominent in smartphones. The U1 chip inclusion in iPhone 12 has grabbed the attention of smartphone companies, which enables to precisely locate other U1-equipped Apple devices for file exchange via AirDrop. The UWB technology is being used for spatial awareness in order to prioritize devices for faster file transfer. Companies in the ultra wideband chipset market are increasing their research pertaining to military applications to excel in asset tracking and monitoring.
Apart from smartphones and smart home devices, companies in the ultra wideband chipset market are unlocking value-grab opportunities in control of forklifts and robots in warehouses. The UWB technology is anticipated to become cheap in the upcoming years, and will help in tracking sports players and animals. Other broad applications such as indoor navigation in large buildings are helping to expand revenue streams.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Unmatched Accuracy in Contact Tracing Helps Overcome UWB’s Short Range Drawback
The ultra wideband chipset market is expected to reach a revenue of US$ 31 Mn by the end of 2030. However, many individuals have reported that the technology’s short range is a major drawback, which is emerging as a hurdle in its commercialization. Hence, companies in the ultra wideband chipset market are increasing awareness about using devices in the same room to overcome short-range challenges. Advantages such as accurate context aware information and indoor location & positioning tend to offset UWB’s disadvantages.
UWB is gaining popularity for providing precise analytics in real time. However, UWB is being compared to Bluetooth, geofencing, and NFC (near field communication). Although these wireless technologies have their advantages, unique advantages of UWB such as unmatched accuracy in contact tracing and low power radio protocol are bolstering market growth.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/government-policies-encouraging-use-of-electric-vehicles-to-reduce-environmental-pollution-to-boost-electric-vehicle-charging-station-market-innovations-in-automotive-technology-to-intensify-competition—tmr-301317344.html
Popular 4z Standard Facilitates Highly Secure Mobile, Financial, and Access Transactions
Next-gen UWB chipsets are drawing the roadmap for mobile transaction security. Decawave— a developer of UWB-based semiconductor solutions, is gaining increased recognition for introducing its new chipsets that comply with the new IEEE 802.15.4z (4z) standard for power reduction in automotive and mobile applications. Companies in the ultra wideband chipset market are increasing the availability of products that support the 8 GHz band (Channel 9) standard, thus enabling worldwide operation.
The growing need for high precision and high security in location awareness is acting as a key driver for the ultra wideband chipset market. The popular 4z standard is facilitating highly secure mobile, financial, and access transactions. With the help of precise location services, users can avoid risks of malicious attacks, while conducting wireless payments.
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global ultra wideband chipset market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2022–2030, the adoption of new technologies such as RTLS (real-time location system) of ultra wideband chipsets to track or locate people or objects within confined areas such as shopping malls, hospitals, and airports is expected to boost the global ultra wideband (UWB) chipset market during the forecast period
- Ultra wideband chipsets broadcast digital pulses, which are precisely timed at number of frequency channels. UWB chipsets are used in various applications such as wireless printing, next-generation Bluetooth, peer-to-peer connections, and wireless high definition video, which is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global ultra wideband chipset market over the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global ultra wideband chipset market is estimated to reach value of US$ 31 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period
Advantages Associated with Ultra Wideband Technology: A Key Driver
- The ultra wideband technology is anticipated to replace the traditional RFID technology due to limitations associated with RFIDs. RFIDs have low frequency and are larger in size, and therefore not suitable for live tracking.
- UWB technology offers accuracy of 5-10 cm, which is the most required factor in live tracking, especially for indoor positioning. Moreover, UWB offers low-power transmission, low power dissipation, and robustness, apart from other benefits, making it more popular among consumers.
- The UWB technology also overcomes limitations of iBeacon technology. iBeacon technology is being used in smartphone apps to deliver location specific content. This technology has limitations in terms of latency and accuracy.
- Manufacturers are seeking new technology to overcome these limitations, and provide more frequent location updates and more precise location detection. The ultra wideband chipset measures the time it takes the signal to travel from transmitter to receiver in order to calculate the distance in centimeters. By using this method, one can get more precise location information compared to iBeacons.
- UWB can carry a huge amount of data over distances up to 230 feet. Moreover, UWB can also carry data across barriers such as doors, or cross any other obstacle due to its higher power.
- The abovementioned benefits associated with ultra wideband (UWB) technology is expected to propel the growth of the global UWB chipset market in the upcoming years
Increasing Adoption of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT): Latest Market Trend
- The usage of smart things in home appliances is significant across the globe. Products with wireless connectivity (from light bulbs to thermostats to smart speakers) are present in people’s homes today more than ever before. It has been found out that approximately 79 percent of the U.S. consumers have, at least, one connected device at home. However, the technology actually has its roots in a world that precedes the rise of remote control thermostats: industrial manufacturing, which is expected to grow at a low pace in the market after the major impact on industries due to COVID-19 in the year 2022.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) takes networked sensors and intelligent devices, and puts those technologies to use directly on the manufacturing floor, collecting data to drive artificial intelligence and predictive analytics
- “In IIoT technology, sensors are attached to physical assets”, says Robert Schmid, Deloitte Digital IoT Chief Technologist. “Those sensors gather data, store it wirelessly, and use analytics and machine learning to take some kind of action.” These are the factors expected to help the UWB chipset market to gradually expand over the next few years.
Stringent Government Regulations: A Major Challenge for Ultra Wideband Chipset Market
- Some of the factors hampering the growth of the global ultra wideband chipset market includes stringent regulations related to frequency ranges of UWBs. Some of the regional government regulations are listed below:
- In Germany, as per the regulatory regime (ECC Rec 70-03 / ECC Decision 06(04) / ETSI EN 302 065), the permitted frequency ranges between 3,1 – 4,8, 6,0 – 8,5 8,5 – 9,0 (GHz)
- In UAE, TRA regulations for ultra wideband and short range devices, the permitted frequency ranges between 3,1 – 4,8, 6,0 – 8,5 8,5 – 9,0 (GHz)
- In Australia, Radio Communications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class License 2000 as modified July 2014, the permitted frequency ranges between 3,4 – 4,8 6,0 – 8,4 (GHz)
- The abovementioned regulations limit the use of ultra wideband chipsets in terms of frequency range, which is likely to hamper the growth of the global ultra wideband chipset market during the forecast period
Ultra Wideband Chipset Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of ultra wideband chipsets, such as Johanson Technology, Inc., Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd., and Fractus Antennas S.L. are focusing on the development of innovative and reliable ultra wideband chipsets. Some other key developments in the global ultra wideband chipset market are as follows:
- In November 2019, Johanson Technology, Inc. introduced the new UWB band pass filter for use in automotive applications. Rising demand for vehicle security is expected to boost the demand for this product over the next few years.
- In October 2019, Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. launched an automotive chip bead inductor with an operating temperature of up to 150°C. This newly developed product is a noise-suppression component for different types of power lines used in powertrains and other automotive components such as engines and transmissions as well as communication infrastructure devices such as servers and base station communication devices.
- In February 2019, Fractus Antennas S.L. introduced an IoT-supported tiny antenna for use in different 5G mobile antenna applications. The antenna can deliver high-speed connectivity in 5G environment owing to its dual-port configuration.
- In the report on the global ultra wideband chipset market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of ultra wideband chipsets. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global ultra wideband chipset market.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: [email protected]