- Ultra-high temperature (UHT) processing is a food processing technique used to kill bacterial endospores by heating the food at 135 °C. The UHT process includes heating the product at higher temperature, and rapidly cooling and packaging it in sterile containers.
- Increasing demand for food & beverage products with enhanced shelf life coupled with the fact that microorganisms are eliminated with minimum chemical change in the food & beverage product due to ultra-high temperature processing are the factors expected to drive the global UHT market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market
- The growing demand for dairy products, minimum storage & logistics cost, minimum alteration in nutritional value of products, and changing consumer preferences are some of the factors that are expected to drive the ultra-high temperature processing market during the forecast period. In tropical countries, the shelf life of food is shorter due to climatic conditions, and thus the demand for UHT processing food is expected to be high in such countries during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic will act in favor of the UHT processing market due to rising demand for healthy food & beverages. Consumers are concerned about the type of food & beverage they consume, its effect on health and on the environment. The increasing population will generate demand for more food products and thus will lead to the requirement for food products with higher shelf life. This will open doors for new manufacturers in developing countries in the global ultra-high temperature processing market during the forecast period.
- The higher equipment cost and need for timely maintenance may act as a hindrance to market growth. Manufacturers opt for pasteurizer units instead of UHT units because of low cost. This alternative coupled with higher capital investment may impact the growth of the ultra-high temperature processing market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market
- In terms of geography, the global ultra-high temperature processing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Europe accounts for dominant share in the global UHT processing market due to substantial consumption of milk and dairy products. The market in Europe is likely to be followed by markets in North America and Asia Pacific. APAC is projected to be one the fastest growing regions with India being the fastest growing country in the global market. This is due to growing urbanization, increased standard of living, and rise in consumption of on- the counter products.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global ultra-high temperature processing market include:
- Alfa Laval AB
- Elecster Oyj
- GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
- Midland Food Group
- Shanghai Triowin Intelligent Machinery
- SPX Flow
- Stephan Machinery Gmbh
- Tetra Laval International S.A.
- The Keventer Group
- Wilmar International Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, Request for a Sample
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market: Research Scope
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, by Equipment Type
- Flash Cooling
- Aseptic Packaging
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, by Mode of Operation
- Direct UHT Processing
- Indirect UHT Processing
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, by End Product
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, by Application
- Dairy Products
Global Ultra-high Temperature Processing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]