Have you ever wondered how a video-sharing app can take the world of marketing by storm? We are referring to the app called TikTok. The app, with 800 million active users worldwide, has become the new social craze.
Want to know what’s the hype is all about? You’ve come to the right place. Here, we are doing to tell you everything you need to know about TikTok marketing. Learn its importance and benefits, and how you can master the platform.
Why TikTok Marketing?
You all already know about this popular video-sharing app and how it works. But let’s talk about the importance it holds for businesses, marketers, brands, and advertisers.
- TikTok’s popularity is snowballing, with over two billion downloads.
- It is comparatively easier for you to go viral and become famous on TikTok. Anyone can gain thousands of followers and get the full advantage of this platform.
- TikTok has a huge and growing audience. With more than 800 million active users, you have many incredible opportunities to grow your brand.
- TikTok users actively use this app and spend an average of about 46 minutes per day on the app. Users also return to the app multiple times a day. It makes it easier for you to find your target audience faster.
- Contrary to popular belief, the audience on this app is not limited to teens. Adults are also part of it.
- TikTok is a viral platform all over the world, with a global audience of 800 million users. This app is popular in 150 different countries. This platform allows you to connect with higher audiences and reach international markets.
- 2020 is the time for video-marketing to take over. People love to watch videos from brands and businesses rather than seeing photos. In that case, TikTok is the perfect place for your brand to become prosperous.
- We already know how influencer marketing is a game-changer for businesses. The influencers on TikTok charge comparatively less, and that’s a plus point.
- It is easier to connect with your audience on TikTok and Boost interactions. From creating a branded hashtag and launching challenges to recreating videos and doing duets, you can easily encourage engagement here. TikTok has a lot more features to offer.
- Most importantly, TikTok allows you to be fun and creative with your marketing ideas.
Obviously, if an app offers so much, people would absolutely go crazy. But how can you become a marketing perfectionist here and master the app? Continue reading.
Ways to Grow on TikTok
1. Switch to Pro Account
A TikTok pro account will give you multiple benefits. The first step to becoming an expert in marketing on TikTok is switching to a pro account so that you can have access to many amazing features. You can then choose a category/niche.
2. Set-Up Your Profile
The first thing people notice is your profile when they visit it. It is the center of attraction. If it is attractive enough, people will follow you.
To set-up an eye-catchy profile, you need to do the following things.
- Add an interesting description. Make sure it is brief.
- Upload an eye-popping profile picture.
- Share links to your website or other social media networks.
3. Make Fun and Engaging Content
TikTok is all about showing your fun and creative side. A short video with music sounds entertaining and can quickly grab the attention of people. It is up to you how you create content and make it interesting to gain TikTok Followers UK.
You can use trending songs and hashtags. You can even jump on to new trends and give it a twist in your own style. The more fun and engaging your videos are, the more people will be interested in your brand.
4. Hashtag Challenge
A hashtag challenge is a fantastic way to promote your brand on TikTok. You can encourage people to show your products and use your hashtag in their videos. You can provoke them to do it by giving them a chance to be featured or win a gift. Users are more likely to actively participate in this challenge, which will help you in your marketing.
5. TikTok Analytics
TikTok analytics allows you to plan your strategies accordingly. You can have access to these insights only if you switch to a pro account.
Here’s how this data can help you.
- You can have access to your trending videos and its total playtime. It will give you an idea of what type of content your audience likes.
- Important demographics like age, gender, and location will help you understand your audience better.
- It will show you the time when most of your followers are online. You can then post at the perfect time and boost engagement.
- Discover what kind of videos your followers watch, and try to create similar content.
- You can even discover the sounds and audios your followers are listening to so that you can create videos on it.
6. Collaborate with Influencers
According to IG Followers, One of the most powerful strategies of marketing is to leverage famous influencers to promote your brand. Unlike other platforms, collaborating with influencers on TikTok is affordable and easy. When you collaborate with a well-known influencer, it will help you reach a higher audience, and your brand will become more visible.
7. Advertising on TikTok
Want to expand your reach? TikTok ads are the way to go. You’ll need to invest a little, but it is totally worth it.
There are four types of TikTok ads, which are briefly explained below.
- Native Ads: These ads are almost similar to that of Instagram. They are in-feed ads, which appear on the newsfeed. You can direct viewers to your website too.
- Brand Takeovers: These are linkable ads that will appear on the screen when a user opens the app. It is expensive because TikTok lets a brand takeover for the day.
- Hashtag Challenge: Along with doing hashtag challenges, you can also do promotions with it. After you pay for this ad, users will find your branded hashtags on the discover page. When they click on it, they’ll be taken to your videos.
- Branded Lenses: Branded lenses are another way to gain recognition. You can pay and design a custom TikTok filter for your brand.
8. Posting frequency
This popular video-sharing app requires frequent and regular posting. The more you post, the higher your chances to grow. It is essential on TikTok to provide high-quality content to your audience regularly. The best thing you can do is to schedule your posts.
There you have it! Here’s everything you need to know about marketing on TikTok. Build your presence on TikTok and start planning your strategies now. Work hard and put in the effort. The strategies we’ve mentioned above will also help you become successful.