Software Configuration Management: Introduction
- Software configuration management (SCM) is the process of controlling and tracking changes in the software. The primary objective of software configuration management is to identify configurations, configuration items, and baselines.
- Software configuration management detects any wrong changes that occur in the system and subsequently determines what was changed and who has changed it. Software configuration management can also decide how to replicate a configuration across several hosts.
- Software configuration management performs or keeps track of various tasks such as configuration control, configuration status accounting, configuration auditing, build management, process management, environment management, and defect tracking
- The global software configuration management market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for virtual or cloud-based software configuration management among organizations
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Dynamics
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based configuration among organizations is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based software configuration management has lower deployment cost and maintenance expenses as compared to that incurred by on-premise software configuration management.
- Increased demand for customized products with numerous options is likely to propel the need for several product configurations, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management market during the forecast period
Get PDF brochure for Industrial Insights and business Intelligence @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=77364
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor that is projected to boost the global software configuration management market in the next few years
- Rise in demand for software configuration management from enterprises to simplify and synchronize resources is estimated to propel the global software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of IT policies and processes along with emergence of digital technologies across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for software configuration management during the forecast period
- Data security and privacy concerns are expected to hamper the software configuration management during the forecast period
- Increase in complexities during configuring applications from different environments to maintain optimum performance is a key factor that is projected to hinder the global software configuration management market in the next few years
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hamper the global software configuration management market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop industrial digitalization technologies in order to minimise the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the supply chain and their businesses.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the software configuration management market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global software configuration management market. Market players are gradually focusing on mergers and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- BMC Software, Inc.
- CA Technologies
- Canonical Ltd.
- CloudBees, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- JetBrains s.r.o.
- Micro Focus International plc
- Microsoft Corporation
- Northern.Tech AS
- Octopus Deploy
- Oracle Corporation
- Puppet, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Ansible)
- Servicenow, Inc.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Research Scope
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Component
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Deployment
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- IT and Telecommunication
- Energy and Utilities
- Retail & E-commerce
- transportation & Logistics
- Other (Education, Travel & Tourism, etc.)
Purchase our Premium Research Report at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=77364<ype=S
TMR has a track record to provide ace market research solutions that has earned us the trust of our clients for their business intelligence needs. Serving 13 industry verticals with a database of over 1,000 reports and 1 million + data points, our expanse to provide market research solutions is exceptional. We deep dive for a thorough understanding of the subject, gather precise information, and then analyze it to present solutions that are par excellence.