Smart Grid Data Analytics Market in Brief
- The global smart grid data analytics market is expected to reach US$ 14,036.9 Mn by 2030 from US$ 4,193.8 Mn in 2020, expanding at a CAGR of 12.8% from 2020 to 2030.
- The global smart grid data analytics market is currently driven by rising levels of investment in smart grid systems. Utility providers are increasingly seeking reliable solutions to optimize their grid efficiency, due to ever-increasing demand for electricity. This is expected to create a substantial shift toward smart grid systems during the forecast period. The smart grid data analytics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing digitalization of utility operations has propelled the demand for smart grid data analytics in the region.
- China is the most attractive market in Asia Pacific. The incremental opportunity is significantly higher for China as it accounts for a dominant share in the smart grid data analytics market in the region.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Smart Grid Data Analytics Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=3966
Smart Grid Data Analytics Market Definition
- The smart grid data analytics market report provides analysis of the global smart grid data analytics market for the period 2018 – 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year, and 2021 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- Smart grid data analytics are solutions used to analyze the large amount of data generated from the smart grid systems. These solutions are deployed with an intention to gain better predictive analysis of consumer behavior and grid conditions, thereby optimizing grid efficiency. Smart grid analytics solutions are deployed at the grid owners’ end in order to establish a better decision support system. The solutions are developed to analyze the data generated from different smart grid components, such as smart meters, smart appliances, automated distribution systems, and other sensing equipment. The data collected is transferred using two-communication network of the grid for further predictive analysis.
- In this report, we analyze the challenges end-users face in acquiring the right smart grid data analytics that can cope with the rapidly changing world. The report also highlights the total revenue generated through the sale of smart grid data analytics across various key regions worldwide.
North America Smart Grid Data Analytics Market – Snapshot
- The smart grid data analytics market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America remains the leading market for smart grid data analytics, with revenues in 2020 estimated at US$ 1,361.7 Mn.
- Most of the smart grid data analytics vendors focus on providing AMI analytics solutions to utility providers in the region. Demand for smart grid data analytics solutions in North America is expected to be driven by the U.S. This is mainly due to the significant investment in smart grid systems in the country.
Key Growth Drivers of the Smart Grid Data Analytics Market
- Advancements in Smart Meter and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) – Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) is an integrated system which includes smart meters, communication networks, and data management systems that provide a two-way digital link between the customer and utilities. AMI provides various operational benefits to minimize the utility cost and offers convenience to the customer. AMI significantly reduces operating costs by remotely reading meters, connecting/disconnecting the service, identifying outages by generating more accurate bills faster, and enables utilities to provide customers digital access to their usage information. Thus, the increasing installation of smart meters and adoption of advanced metering infrastructure is expected to boost the smart grid data analytics market during the forecast period globally.
- Technological Advancements in Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics – The smart grid system is based on the concept of Internet of Things (IoT), which connects all of the components of the grid, establishing two-way communication between consumers and utilities. The smart grid system is expected to emerge as a more reliable and efficient electricity distribution network in the coming years with the growing advancements and betterment of IoT infrastructure.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Smart Grid Data Analytics Market https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=3966
Key Challenges Faced by Smart Grid Data Analytics Market Players
- Most utility providers, predictably, have lower budgets for the improvement/ upgrade of their power grids. Although smart grids offer numerous advantages over conventional distribution systems, majority of utility providers are skeptical about their return on investment on the smart grids. Thus, utility providers prefer to rely on their traditional grid systems due to these uncertainties. Thus, high cost of smart grid systems is anticipated to hamper the smart grid data analytics market during the forecast period.
Smart Grid Data Analytics Market – Competitive Landscape
- In January 2020, Itron Inc., a smart grid data analytics provider, collaborated with Innowatts, Inc., a provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions
- In June 2019, Accenture Plc acquired BRIDGE Energy Group to increase security services for utilities in North America, and capabilities in grid analytics and modernization