A garage door is a vital part of your house. Apart from the curb appeal, they are quite important for the function they perform. Due to their high functionality, they are also prone to damage. Thus it is important to maintain and take care of the garage door; however, the truth is many people tend to take it for granted.
Getting your garage door repaired and fixing it should be given priority; however, sometimes that a garage door is so damaged that replacing it is the best option. Over time, the garage door becomes obsolete due to normal wear and tear and sometimes due to accidents. So, here are a few signs that can help you figure out when to replace your garage door.
- Not functioning properly: If your garage door is having trouble opening and closing, it is a sign that you need a new one. Getting your garage door repair can be costlier than replacing it. Also, repeated breakdowns can cause damage to your valuable assets and your property. To ensure peace of mind, it is better to replace the garage door with the one that guarantees the safety and security.
- Making too much noise: Nothing is more annoying or irritating than a door that makes noise. Sometimes, it can quite embarrassing if you have guests around. If you notice excessive grinding, straining, cracking, and creaky noises, it might be time to replace it and get a new one. Most of the times noises are symptoms of bigger problems, if not replaced on time, it will only lead to additional repair costs.
- Outdated design: Apart from the functional value, garage doors form an important part of curb appeal. Over time, the garage doors are becoming more stylish and efficient in their function. There are a wide variety of garage doors available in the market today, right from manual ones to automatic ones, to wooden doors to aluminium doors, there is a lot. Replacing your old garage door with newer and stylish ones can give your house a brand new look. You can choose any garage door of your choice that compliments your house and your lifestyle.
- Lacks security and has safety issues: old garage doors do not guarantee security. Because of the material that they are made of, it is quite easy for burglars to get in. With the evolution of technology and science, modern garage doors incorporate safety gears. They come with equipment like sensors and auto-retraction to minimize accidents.
- The garage door has broken handles, wires, and hinges: if your garage door happens to have broken handles and hanging wires, it is a sign that you need to install a new one. The broken handles and hanging wires not only affects the functionality of the door, but it can be quite unsafe and cause accidents.
Bottom line is that if you see all those or maximum of those signs in your garage door, you should seriously consider replacing your garage door for safety, security, and functionality reasons.