Global Safety Coated Bottles Market – Introduction
- Safety coating used in bottles is the outer covering of the bottles covered with plastisol coating that protects the bottle from UV rays; plastisol is a PVC-type coating. PVC is polyvinyl chloride, commonly produced globally in the form of synthetic plastic polymer. Plastisol is essentially a liquid but when heated it turns into a rubber like barrier which is more flexible and protects bottles from breakage. The safety coating on the bottles protects the bottles from getting affected by pressure and even if the bottle breaks, the plastisol enables the substance in the bottle to get disposed off properly. The plastisol holds the fluid in the bottle for long. Safety coated bottles are easy to grip and harder to break. More volatile products can be stored in safety coated bottles. Safety coated bottles are used for packaging chemicals such as acids, in laboratory applications, food packaging containers, in the oil & gas industry, and shipping industry.
Increased usage of glassware in labs
- It is difficult to handle glassware in laboratories containing hazardous substances such as alkaline, acids, bases, gases, and other dangerous spills due to the propensity of glassware to break, unlike plastic and copper bottles. Safety coating of plastic provided on glass protects the glass container from chemical resistance of materials like alkaline as glass is susceptible to chemicals. The plastisol lining provided on the outer covering of glass helps to hold the glass properly and the jar or round bottles do not slip away from the hands of lab personnel, thus providing a grip on the bottles. Safety increases substantially while using safety coated materials in a lab set-up. Use of protective coating has enabled people to use toxic substances carefully to carry out tasks such as testing, and performing lab experiments at faster speed. These factors have increased the sales of safety coated bottles globally.
Safety coating used for storing hot beverages and for shipping products driving demand
- Safety coating is used in glass bottles and containers that are used for hot beverages such as coffee decanters which are subject to intermittent heating and cooling during use. Coffee decanters used at restaurants is likely to break multiple times as the decanter is subject to excessive rough handling. This has led to increase in demand for safety coated bottles for filling hot liquid, as hands get burnt sometimes if the liquid is hot and needs to be poured quickly. Another factor driving the safety coated bottles market is the shipping industry. In the shipping industry, volatile products such as petroleum fuel and products based on ether, alcohol, etc. are transported from one port to another, which requires safety in order to carry large tons of products. The plastisol coating provides safety while filling, handling, and shipping materials that are industrial solvents which include hazardous chemicals such as sulfuric acid, and ethers. This factor also has extensively impacted the growth of the safety coated bottles market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Safety Coated Bottles Market, Request for a Sample
North America Considered the Largest Market for Safety Coated Bottles
- Geographically, the global safety coated bottles market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe , Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global safety coated bottles market in 2019. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the rise in awareness among people to practice safety measures at home, in medical institutions, in the pharmaceutical industry, and during extensive scientific research conducted at laboratories in countries such as the U.S., Mexico, Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sales of safety coated bottles in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period. The increase in number of research institutions, increase in laboratories in educational institutions, and more focus on health, hygiene, and safety of individuals, etc. is projected to surge the demand for safety coated bottles in developing nations such as India, China, and Japan.
Key Players Operating in the Safety Coated Bottles Market
Players in the safety coated bottles market face tough competition. Major companies such as Corning, Qorpak, BrandTech Scientific, and Merck, are focusing on innovative and technologically advanced products by investing heavily in research and development. Companies are concentrating on manufacturing safety coated bottles that are more safe, durable, and resistant to breakage. Some of the key players operating in the global safety coated bottles market include:
- BrandTech Scientific
- CL Smith
- Karter Scientific Labware Manufacturing
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market – Research Scope
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Product Type
- Chemistry Glassware
- Reservoir Bottles
- Others (Carboys)
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Volume
- Less Than 500ml
- More Than 1000ml
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Application
- Others (Medical)
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Price Category
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Safety Coated Bottles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]