Robot Assisted PCI Market: Introduction
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) is a non-surgical procedure for the implantation of stent using a catheter to treat obstructive coronary artery disease and open up blocked or narrowed blood vessels. Robot assisted intervention offers several advantages over the conventional procedure. It reduces operator radiation exposure, thus lowering the chances of orthopedic injury and operator fatigue.
- CorPath 200 manufactured by Corindus, Inc. was the first system to receive FDA approval in 2012 for the treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD)
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Robot Assisted PCI Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Robot Assisted PCI Market
- Remote-controlled robotic-enhanced percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) device was developed to improve procedural outcomes as well as ergonomics. This device does not lead to increased fluoroscopy duration, radiation, or contrast media exposure to patients.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common heart disease accounting for over 370,000 deaths annually in the U.S. An estimated 92.1 million adults in the country have, at least, one type of cardiovascular disease. It is projected that by 2030, 43.9% of the U.S. adult population will have some form of cardio vascular disease (CVD). In 2010, approx. 954,000 inpatient PCI procedure were performed in the U.S.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) has been replacing the Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) for the treatment of heart diseases due to relative benefits of PCI over CABG, such as non-invasiveness of procedures and faster patient recovery. The advent of robot assisted surgery and its combined features, including minimally invasive approach and additional benefits will boost the market growth during the forecast period.
Request COVID Analysis on Robot Assisted PCI Market –
- High cost of robot assisted PCI systems may hinder market expansion. The initial cost of CorPath GRX, which is a product of Corindus, Inc., costs approximately US$ 650,000, along with additional US$ 650 – US$ 750 single use or disposable accessories.
- PCI needs special cardiac cauterization suites or cath lab equipped with X-ray capability and trained personnel to operate robot assisted systems. Moreover, lack of skilled cardiologists is restraining market growth. Future generation interventional cardiologists need hands-on trainings to operate technologically advanced devices. Tele-mentoring is also used in surgery and other fields of medicine. It helps medical centers in underprivileged areas where education in interventional cardiology is lacking.
Robotic System Product Type Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product type, the global robot assisted PCI market can be divided into robotic system and accessories
- In July 2019, Corindus, Inc. announced that Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital (Brazil) has become the first hospital in South America to install their CorPath GRX System for robotic assisted percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). With this installation, the company has expanded its business in South America.
Pre Book Robot Assisted PCI Market Report –
Hospital End-use Industry Segment Offers Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of end-use industry, the global robot assisted PCI market can be divided into hospital and CATH lab
- The hospital end-use industry segment is likely to hold a significant share of the robot assisted PCI market during forecast period. As of December 31, 2018, Corindus, Inc. has installed 48 CorPath GRX systems in hospitals across the U.S. and four at international locations.
- Hospitals with cath lab rooms, which perform PCI and pulmonary vein isolation (PVI) procedures are potential users of CorPath Systems
- In February 2017, Corindus, Inc. signed a strategic distribution agreement with Japan Medicalnext Co., Ltd., a wholly owned entity of MC Healthcare, Inc., a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation and a prominent supplier of medical devices in Japan, for the distribution of its systems in the country
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Robot Assisted PCI Market
- In terms of region, the global robot assisted PCI market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for robot assisted PCI from 2019 to 2027.
In 2017, the CorPath GRX system was installed in Fu Wai Hospital, the largest hospital of China. This is the first installation of the next-generation CorPath System outside of the United States. Following this, the Department of Cardiology at the Fu Wai Hospital has performed its first robot assisted PCI procedure in Asia.
- Japan performs nearly 250,000 PCI procedures annually and represents a major market for PCI worldwide. With the approval of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Agency (PMDA) in 2018, CorPath GRX is also available in Japan for vascular robotic program and offers patients the benefits of robotic assisted PCI.
- Corindus, Inc. is likely to continue to distribute its products through their former exclusive worldwide distributor Philips Medical Systems Nederland B.V. They also have additional agreements in place with distribution and/or agent partners globally, including in India, Australia, New Zealand, and few countries located in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Europe.
- In 2019, Robocath received CE approval for its robotic assisted solution, R-One robotic device, for the treatment of coronary disease. This will enable the company to distribute its products in Europe and the Middle East.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global robot assisted PCI market are:
- Corindus, Inc.
Global Robot Assisted PCI Market: Research Scope
Global Robot Assisted PCI Market, by Product Type
- Robotic System
Global Robot Assisted PCI Market, by End-use Industry
- Cath Lab
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]