Illuminating UV Bottles Kill Harmful Bacteria and Purify Water
Since most reusable water bottles are prone to contamination, owing to bacteria and odor-causing germs, companies are now developing UV light bottles to solve the issue. For instance, LARQ- a supplier of self-cleaning bottles, has developed UV light bottles to eliminate the contamination issues associated with reusable stainless-steel water bottles and help users reach their hydration goals.
Companies in the reusable water bottles market are increasing efforts to gain patent for the unique technology that they use for the production of illuminating UV bottles. They are sourcing high-quality stainless steel that reflects UV light, even in hard-to-reach areas of the bottle such as the base and the neck. Companies are enhancing the portability quotient of these novel bottles by introducing USB charging points in reusable water bottles to cater to the convenience of travelers. Manufacturers in the reusable water bottles market are launching advanced products with charging up to a month to alleviate the hassle of frequent charging.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Reusable Water Bottles Market
Water Enhancer Pods Entice Pro-health Customers for Vitamin-rich Hydration
Companies are introducing innovative solutions for individuals who struggle to maintain their water intake. They are developing water enhancer pods to add interesting flavors to drinking water. For instance, provider of reusable water bottles, Drinkfinity, introduced Drinkfinity juice-based pods to help individuals reach their hydration goals. Even health conscious customers are growing increasingly aware about vitamin-rich hydration. Thus, companies in the reusable water bottles market are tapping into opportunities in online sales to increase the uptake of bottles integrated with juice-based pods.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The convenient ‘pop-shake-hydrate’ attribute of reusable water bottles with pods has been enticing customers. Thus, manufacturers are introducing attractive flavors, such as white peach chill and pomegranate ginger flow made with natural caffeine sourced from green coffee bean extracts. Companies in the reusable water bottles market are introducing add-ons in these flavors with electrolyte ingredients and relaxing botanicals. Thus, companies should collaborate with ingredient manufacturers to increase research in natural additives. On the other hand, companies are developing bottles that are impact-resistant and made of dishwasher-safe plastic to simplify maintenance and clean-up of bottles.
Innovations Fuel Growth of Reusable Water Bottles Market
In recent years, people in the U.S. are drinking water more than soda, owing to awareness about various health concerns. Hence, manufacturers in the reusable water bottles market are capitalizing on this opportunity to offer innovative products. Companies are developing smart reusable water bottles that are contributing toward the ever-increasing growth of the wearable tech. For instance, Bellabeat – a supplier of tech-powered wellness products, revealed its smart water bottle that notifies the user on water intake through its mobile app.
The demand for smart reusable water bottles is surging, since app-run bottles offer reminders to users on the quantity of water intake required based on the user’s activity. On the other hand, manufacturers are leveraging opportunities in squeezable titanium water bottles targeting cyclists and athletes. This is evident since sports is projected to account for the second-highest revenue among other primary uses in the market for reusable water bottles. Thus, companies are increasing R&D to develop a hybrid material of polymer and titanium to manufacture squeezable bottles.
Filling Stations to Reduce Single-use Plastics at Airports
Travel is estimated to account for the third-highest value and volume among other primary uses in the reusable water bottles market and the global market is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 11 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to increase the availability of reusable water bottles for travelers. However, scarcity of stations designed for easy refill of water at airports poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Another issue is the lack of hygiene at these stations. Hence, entrepreneurs are launching social initiatives, such as ‘Refill the World’- a company founded by Christian de Boer and Dean McLachlan, to enable travelers with QR codes directing them toward the nearest restaurants and bars with safe-to-drink water refills.
Social initiatives to reduce the number of disposable plastic bottles has triggered the demand for reusable water bottles. Growing awareness about the repercussions of single-use plastic is another key driver contributing toward growth of the reusable water bottles market. Trends such as banning of single-use plastics at airports has given rise to filling stations for water bottles.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Reusable Water Bottles Market
The reusable water bottles market is expected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Natural and high-quality ingredients in water enhancer pods have triggered the demand for reusable water bottles. Companies are developing eco-friendly water bottles by introducing 100% recyclable sugarcane bottles.
UV light bottles are eliminating the issues of contamination associated with traditional stainless-steel water bottles. However, high cost of these bottles poses as a barrier for sales, especially for budget-conscious customers. Hence, manufacturers are increasing awareness about the value proposition of UV light bottles, offsetting the money that an individual might have to pay due to illnesses.
Reusable Water Bottles Market: Overview
According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the reusable water bottles market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the increasing demand for food, beverages, and consumer packaging is estimated to drive the growth of the market. Globally, the reusable water bottles market is estimated at ~US$ 8 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Reusable Water Bottles Market
- Asia Pacific accounts for approximately one third of the total share in the global reusable water bottles market, attributable to the rising population and increasing expenditure on hygiene and health in this region.
- In many other regions of the globe including North America and Europe, reusable water bottles are favored over plastic bottled water. The rapid adoption of online sales and marketing helps brand owners to increase their trades for reusable water bottles in the Asia Pacific region.
- Recently, there has been a noticeable rise in the use of reusable water bottles by most the corporate and fitness companies in Asia Pacific. Companies are restricting the use of the bottled water on their premises. This offers lucrative prospects to manufacturers, who can gain significant profits by catering to the growing demand for reusable water bottles from these institutions.
Reusable Water Bottles Equipped with Embedded Infusers, Filters, and Mist Sprayers
- Over the past decade, growth in the nutrition industry has been a major factor boosting the demand for reusable water bottles with health-enhancing characteristics. The reusable water bottles industry has seen a change from conventional plastic water bottles to reusable water bottles incorporating filters, infusers, and mist sprayers.
- Reusable water bottles with filters deliver pure clean water. Reusable water bottles with infusers allow users to fill the infusion cup with fruits or herbs and twist it onto the bottom of the bottle, and fill the bottle with water from the top. This prevents the fruits from floating in the bottle, thereby ensuring a healthy, delicious, and hassle-free drink for users.
- The latest technological advancement in the reusable water bottles market is the use of mist sprayers embedded in the bottle.
- Companies are also investing on research and development to design cost-effective and attractive reusable water bottles with an aim to achieve product differentiation and gain a competitive edge in the market.
- In June 2016, Contigo launched Cortland infuser, equipped with Autoseal technology, which makes the drinking experience pleasant and spill-free.
Introduction of Smart Water Bottles to Propel Market Growth
- In recent years, the level of acceptance of smart water bottles has increased considerably, attributable to the increasing preference of consumers towards convenience goods. This above factor has led to a boost in the sales of reusable water bottles.
- In this era of digitalization, consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of information technology in healthcare. Changing routines and increasing numbers of technoid entities are driving companies to develop smart water bottles that track the water intake of an individual throughout the day.
- Hidrate Inc., a U.S.-based manufacturer of smart water bottles, recently launched ‘HidrateSpark 3’- the world’s smartest water bottle, which is a reusable water bottle that tracks water consumption, lights up to remind to the user to drink, and is synchronized via Bluetooth to a hydration app.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Health Issues Related to Plastic Reusable Water Bottles to Hamper Sales
- Increasing preference for plastic reusable water bottles is attributed to features such as its easy availability, inexpensiveness, and convenience. However, most reusable plastic water bottles contain hormone disrupting chemicals such as Phthalates and BPA.
- Phthalates may interfere with male fertility functions, and BPA can cause hormonal imbalance in the body. It is also linked to cancer, neurological disorders, and obesity. Additionally, bottling plants require large volume of water to manufacture such bottles, which is a major cause of water pollution.
- The above factors have resulted in a ban on use of plastic products.
- In 2016, Sikkim (a state in India) banned the usage of plastic water bottles and Styrofoam products in governmental functions and meetings.
- In 2017, a government body in Brookline, Massachusetts passed a law prohibiting the spending of funds on the bottled water used in government buildings and meetings.
Reusable Water Bottles Market: Competition Landscape
- The global reusable water bottles market is highly fragmented. Service providers in the reusable water bottles market are focusing on acquisitions and mergers to expand their presence across the globe. Some key players operating in the global reusable water bottles market are
- CamelBak Products
- BRITA GmbH
- Klean Kanteen, Inc.
- Tupperware Brands Corporation
- SIGG Switzerland AG
- Aquasana, Inc.
- Bulletin Brands, Inc.
- Thermos L.L.C.
- Nalge Nunc International Corp
- S-Well Corporation
- O2COOL LLC
- Nathan SportsInc.
- Cool Gear International LLC USA, Inc.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]