Railway Wiring Harness Market: Introduction
- Railway wiring harness is a combination of wires or electric cables utilized in trains, motors/locomotive engines, and bogies for several end-use applications. The wiring harness is built with at least two electrical end-devices.
- Increase in adoption of electronic systems in railways, such as high quality lights, screens, sound systems, HVAC, and internet (LAN) are major factors fueling the use of wiring harness in railways
Key Drivers of Railway Wiring Harness Market
- Railway wiring harness is gathered and organized as one assembly and is designed to absorb shocks or vibrations. Railway wiring harness are used in trains where wear and tear takes place, owing to the presence of sharp or unpleasant surfaces or edges. Demand for continuous monitoring of trains has led to a majority of systems being electronically operated and integrated with the Internet for real-time data and information. Investments by OEMs to upgrade technologies is also a key factor fueling the adoption of railway wiring harness.
- Countries, such as India, Japan, and China are developing new technologies for trains to reduce the duration of the journey and make them safer. The top speeds in trains are rising consistently, owing to rapid development in technology that enhance the speed of trains. Demand for heavy equipment and systems in fast trains is driving the global railway wiring harness market due to rapid response and secure data transfer.
- Rapid urbanization and continuous economic growth worldwide are key factors leading to increased investment activities in the rail and transit sector to improve the quality of public transport. Governments across Asia Pacific such as China, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand, are carrying out new rail projects to upgrade and expand existing rail infrastructures to improve overall rail connectivity.
- Adoption of high-speed rail (HSR) transport is increasing heavily since the ridership in the HSR-operated countries is increasing to experience enhanced transporting modes. According to the International Union of Railways (UIC), the global HSR line is estimated to increase at a rapid pace and is expected to reach to more than 41,000 km by 2025. For instance, China is constructing a high-speed rail network with a distance of 420 km between Nanchang and Guangzhou opened in 2019. These rail projects increase the requirement of wiring used in the manufacturing of locomotives and coaches, which is expected to directly drive the market for railway wiring harness.
Get Sample Copy:
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Corona Impact
- The global lockdown and enforced shutdown of the production facilities as mandated by governments worldwide in 2020 had resulted in the decline in demand, supply chain bottlenecks, and to protect the safety of their employees in France, Germany, Italy, the U.S., and Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Transportation activities were suspended during the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, as people were not allowed to roam outside. Therefore, the demand for passenger rail vehicles declined in 2020, which further hampered the railway wiring harness market.
- Additionally, budget allocations for R&D are expected to be significantly affected, which is expected to hamper the development of innovative rail development
- Demand for railway wiring harness is largely proportional to government budgets along with the demand from rail operators. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic witnessed a major decline in production as well as sales of rail vehicles in 2020. This decline had a significant negative impact on the railway wiring harness market in 2020.
Asia Pacific to account for prominent share of global railway wiring harness market
- In terms of region, the global railway wiring harness market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global railway wiring harness market. High rate of adoption of railway transportation for commutation in the region supplemented with growing population and its transportation demand, especially for long-distance trips, are major factors that are anticipated to boost the demand for trains and consequently, propel the railway wiring harness market in the region in the near future
- In Asia Pacific, China, Japan, India, and South Korea have maximum number of locomotives, which is another key factor that is expected to drive this market in Asia Pacific
Request For PreBook Report@:
Key Players Operating in Railway Wiring Harness Market
The global railway wiring harness market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global railway wiring harness market are:
- adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH
- Allied Connectors
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- KAYNES TECHNOLOGY
- Leoni AG
- Nexans S.A.
- Promark Electronics Inc.
- Prysmian Group
- Rockford Components Ltd.
- Siechem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market: Research Scope
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Train Type
- High-speed Rail/Bullet Train
- Light Rail
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Material
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Cable Type
- Jumper Cable
- Power Cable
- Transmission Cable
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Component
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Voltage
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Length
- Less than 5 Feet
- 5 Feet – 10 Feet
- 10 Feet – 20 Feet
- More than 20 Feet
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Application
- Brake Harness
- Engine Harness
- HVAC Harness
- Infotainment Harness
- Lighting Harness
- Traction System Harness
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release: