Drawbacks of Conventional Physical Vapor Deposition Techniques to Augment Demand for PLD Systems
Technological advancements have opened the doors for innovations and developments in the electronics and semiconductor industry. The growing demand for sustainable and renewable energy has played an imperative role in introducing new technologies and products to the pulsed laser deposition systems market, particularly in the past couple of decades. The demand for solar energy systems has witnessed exponential growth worldwide in the past few years and the trend is set to continue in the forthcoming years– a factor that is likely to boost the pulsed laser deposition systems market during the forecast period. Pulsed laser deposition systems are increasingly being used to develop carbon thin films with the enhanced crystal structure.
Another factor that is projected to accelerate the demand for pulsed laser deposition systems is the challenges put forward by alternative physical vapor deposition (PVD) techniques. The high-density and narrow frequency bandwidth of lasers used in pulsed laser deposition systems have emerged as an ideal source to vaporize the desired material. The versatility offered by pulsed laser deposition systems in terms of materials that can be used has played an imperative role in boosting demand over the past decades. Technological advancements have paved the way for matrix-assisted pulsed laser deposition systems that are predominantly used for coordinative & complex compounds, polymers, biomaterials, and hybrid metal-organics. The growing demand for pulsed laser deposition systems coupled with widening applications of the same is expected to propel the pulsed laser deposition systems market that is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 30 Mn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market
Demand for Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems to Develop Photo-detectors to Boost Market Growth
Over the past decade, photo-detectors have gained significant popularity and are increasingly being used in an array of applications such as optical communication, imaging sensing, environmental monitoring, safety detection, space exploration, and a broad spectrum of industrial and research verticals. In recent years, pulsed laser deposition has emerged as an ideal fabrication technique and is gradually replacing conventional fabrication techniques. Among different benefits associated with pulsed laser deposition systems, the sophisticated and clean nature of the physical vapor deposition technique is a major factor that is projected to propel the demand for the same during the forecast period. In addition, pulsed laser deposition also cancels out the risk of undesired chemical reactions due to which, the pulsed laser deposition systems market is expected to grow. Another factor that is likely to influence the pulsed laser deposition systems market is the ability of this technique to produce centimeter-scale thin films with the desired planar geometry.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
At the back of these benefits offered by the pulsed laser deposition technique coupled with the growing demand for high-performance photo-detectors, the global pulsed laser deposition systems market is estimated to grow at a steady pace during the assessment period.
While the demand for pulsed laser deposition to produce advanced photo-detectors is expected to gain momentum, market players operating in the current pulsed laser deposition systems market are expected to review the growing demand for pulse laser deposition to produce doped graphene or pristine graphene. Out of the different graphene producing techniques, pulsed laser deposition that is increasingly being deployed to manufacture complex oxide thin films has gained notable ground as an efficient and ideal technique to produce pristine and doped graphene. Market players operating in the current pulsed laser deposition systems market are expected to provide eco-friendly, versatile, and tailor-made solutions as per the budge of their customers. As the clean engineering trend continues to take strides, demand for pulsed laser deposition systems is expected to move in the upward trajectory.
Companies to Assess Demand Trends, Focus on Business Continuity amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to strongly impact the growth of the pulsed laser deposition systems market. Although governments across the world are increasingly leaning toward installing solar systems across residential and commercial building complexes, the COVID-19 pandemic is projected to disrupt the supply chain particularly in 2020 and the initial months of 2021. Market players should focus on business contingency plans, focus on assessing the demand-side trends and work in tandem with the business models of participants in the value chain. While market growth is expected to slow down in 2020 and 2021, companies are expected to focus on optimizing their production cycles and minimize costs in the upcoming months.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market
Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global pulsed laser deposition systems market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, advancements in technology and rising investments in the healthcare sector to develop technologically advanced medical devices with pulsed laser deposition systems are expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global pulsed laser deposition systems market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 30 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period
Government Efforts to Boost Battery Manufacturing: A Key Driver
- A battery is a device that is employed to provide electric energy to an electronic device. Demand for batteries, including Li-ion batteries, is rising owing to their increasing number of applications such as e-bikes and medical equipment.
- In order to capitalize on the increasing demand for batteries, governments are trying to boost the battery manufacturing sector. For instance, in 2019, the Government of India announced a subsidy plan for battery manufacture. This would further help in driving the battery manufacturing industry in the country.
- Batteries utilize buffer layers, as they help in avoiding volume expansion between the current collector and the active material of battery. In addition to this, they also help in enhancing the safety of batteries. Buffer layers is one of the key applications of pulsed laser deposition systems. These systems help in application of a thin film onto the buffer layer.
- Government efforts to boost the battery manufacturing industry are expected to have a positive impact on the demand for pulsed laser deposition systems across the globe during the forecast period
Rising Use of Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Worldwide: Latest Market Trend
- Pulsed laser deposition systems help in producing a thin film, which is useful across multiple applications ranging from compact sensors and solar cells to medical devices. It is especially vital for medical devices, as it provides a significant level of quality and safety.
- Furthermore, critical applications of medical devices is a key usage of pulsed laser deposition systems, as the thin film produced can provide coatings with anti-bacterial properties. In addition to this, with the growing trend of miniaturization of devices, the demand for compact sensors to be used in electronic circuits is increasing. Thin films produced by pulsed laser deposition systems are useful in sensors, as they can be fabricated in a very small size.
- Owing to the wide variety of applications, use of pulsed laser deposition systems is on the rise worldwide
High Initial Investments for Equipment Purchase: Major Challenge for Global Market
- Pulsed laser deposition (PLD) systems help in producing a thin film for several applications such as medical devices, sensors, buffer layers, and wear parts. Though they offer a large number of advantages, pulsed laser deposition systems also face various challenges.
- These challenges include quality issues pertaining to the formation of particles at the time of coating. Other challenges that the user faces are high cost and integration of the entire pulsed laser deposition system, as sometimes components available are from different manufacturers. Pulsed laser deposition systems come with components, including PLD chambers, substrate heaters, target manipulators, and laser systems. These parts, especially lasers, cost high i.e. more than US$ 40,000 per unit. In addition to this, integration is also an issue, as multiple components need to be purchased separately, from different manufacturers and then, to be integrated into the entire system.
- These challenges associated with the pulsed laser deposition process are expected to have a low impact on the global pulsed laser deposition systems market in the next few years, as a result of technological innovations and advancements in products by players from across the world
Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of pulsed laser deposition systems have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global pulsed laser deposition systems market are
- BlueWave Semiconductors
- Coherent, Inc.
- DE Technology
- LJ UHV Technology
- BM Design
- Plasmionic Technologies
- PVD Products, Inc
- Scienta Omicron
- SURFACE systems + technology GmbH & Co. KG
- SVT Associates (SVTA),
- Twente Solid State Technology BV
Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of pulsed laser deposition systems, such as PVD Products, Inc. and Coherent, Inc., are focusing on the development of an innovative and high-quality thin film deposition technology. Some other key developments in the global pulsed laser deposition systems market are as follows:
- In September 2018, PVD Products, Inc. entered into an exclusive agreement with the Ohio State University for development of the thin film deposition technology, which would enable the company to commercialize a patent for deposition of high-quality thin films via sputtering
- In February 2019, Coherent, Inc. launched a product called ExactCut for processing material equipment to be used to develop technologically advanced, high-quality, and efficient pulsed laser deposition systems
- In the report on the global pulsed laser deposition systems market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of pulsed laser deposition systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global pulsed laser deposition systems market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]