Pseudobulbar Affect Treatment Market: Introduction
- Pseudobulbar affect is a nervous system disorder, which makes a person laugh, cry, or angry suddenly. It is also known as pathological laughter and crying. The pseudobulbar affect is associated with neurological diseases or disorders, which cause brain damage or injury.
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pseudobulbar-affect-treatment-market.html
- In other words, pseudobulbar affect causes outburst of uncontrolled or inappropriate laughter and crying. The pseudobulbar affect is also called emotional liability, emotional expression disorder, and compulsive laughter and crying.
- Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, and traumatic brain injury are the major diseases or disorders often associated with pseudobulbar affect
- Patients suffering from pseudobulbar affect often witness anxiety disorder and poor social interaction and quality of life. Pseudobulbar affect is considered a national health issue in the U.S., especially in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury. There is no treatment for pseudobulbar affect apart from one drug approved by the FDA. Moreover, selective serotonin reductase inhibitors and other medications for management of pseudobulbar affect are in clinical trials.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=82026
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Pseudobulbar Affect Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of pseudobulbar affect and increase in incidence of neurological disorders leading to the condition are the major factors expected to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period. According to the National Stroke Association, over 1 million people suffer from pseudobulbar affect globally, and 10% of multiple sclerosis patients are likely to develop the condition.
- According to research, in 2017, around 2 million people in the U.S. were suffering from pseudobulbar affect. Pseudobulbar affect is primarily associated with neurological disorders, and around 30% to 35% patients suffer from depression. Prevalence of pseudobulbar affect is higher in people with neurological disorders, which is around 5% to 50%. These factors are expected to boost the growth of the global pseudobulbar treatment market.
- No cure is available for pseudobulbar affect; however, antidepressants and other medications help in managing the condition. Moreover, lack of awareness about the condition is a major factor projected to restrain the global market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, FDA approvals for drugs in 2018 provide significant opportunities in the global pseudobulbar treatment market
Request for Custom Research – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=82026
North America to Dominate Global Pseudobulbar Affect Treatment market
- North America is anticipated to account for large market share during the forecast period due to rise in awareness about pseudobulbar affect and increase in cases of the condition across the region. Moreover, rise in prevalence of neurological diseases in the U.S. is expected to propel the market in the next few years.
- For instance, in the U.S., around 1 million individuals suffering with multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) are estimated to have been diagnosed with pseudobulbar affect. Globally, 10 million people with ALS and MS were diagnosed pseudobulbar affect.
- Increase in incidence of neurological disorders leading to pseudobulbar affect in the U.S. is another factor fueling market growth in the region. According to AJMC, around 46% of the MS patients are diagnosed with pseudobulbar symptoms. According to PRISM trial results, 30% of Alzheimer’s disease patients have symptoms of pseudobulbar affect.
- These statistics are expected to drive the demand for effective treatment for the condition, which in turn is likely to boost the growth of the global pseudobulbar affect treatment market
Pre Book Pseudobulbar Affect Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=82026<ype=S
Key Companies in Global Pseudobulbar Affect Treatment Market
- Allergan plc
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Arrow Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Cystic Fibrosis (Mucoviscidosis) Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/cystic-fibrosis-mucoviscidosis-market-increased-investments-into-the-domain-of-pulmonary-research-to-drive-the-market/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453