Companies Collaborating to Develop Innovative Drum Dryers to Increase Production Capacities
Manufacturers in the potato flakes market are teaming up to develop record-sized potato drying drums to increase their production capabilities. For instance, food processing companies – Idaho Steel and Kiremko – have teamed up to build drum dryers that provide an exuberant output of potato flakes within a matter of few hours. Manufacturers in the potato flakes landscape are innovating the newest technologies to increase their production capacities of drum dryers. They are increasing efforts in R&D to build multipurpose drum dryers that not only dry potato mash but also mill the mash into flakes or powder.
With the introduction of high-tech drum dryers, manufacturers in the potato flakes market are gaining credibility on a global level by providing state-of-the-art turnkey solutions to the potato industry. Latest design innovations in drum dryers help in the production of premium-quality food products. In this way, manufacturers in the potato flakes market are capable of fulfilling the global consumer demand for high-quality potato products. To maintain longer and stronger partnership ties, companies are aiming to strengthen their partnerships by onboarding individuals with the best engineering talent. They are investing in manpower to achieve common organizational objectives, such as the development of leading technology in the market. In order to use these leading technologies to their full potential, companies are launching training programs to educate employees about the various functions of drum dryers through factory visits, workshops, and assembly-line inspections.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Potato Flakes Market
New Food Processing Factories in Central Asia Help Manufacturers Gain Monopoly
There is the growing emergence of new potato processing factories in Central Asia. Ever-increasing population growth is one of the key factors for the increased consumption of potatoes. Thus, manufacturers in the potato flakes market are eyeing strategic growth in Central Asia, since there aren’t many large-scale food processing factories in the region. In this way, they are able to gain a monopoly in the region’s market landscape. In order to achieve dominance in the region, manufacturers in the potato flakes ecosystem are streamlining their production activities by utilizing the best potatoes grown in domestic farms. This is justified, since the organic production of potato flakes is gaining impetus on a global level, as compared to the production of conventionally-produced potatoes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The potato flakes market is flourishing in Central Asia due to increasing population growth. Companies in the potato flakes landscape have seen a shift in the production practices of the region, since increased population has led to the large-scale cultivation of potatoes. As such, companies are adopting modern technologies of cultivation, such as mechanized irrigation and harvesting. They are importing high-quality potatoes from other counties to strengthen the domestic supply chain in countries in Central Asia.
Newer Technologies Contribute to Energy Efficiency and Reduce Environmental Impact
Certain challenges in the potato flakes landscape are predicted to negatively influence market growth. For instance, rapid development of food factories in developed and developing economies has added to the environmental stress. Due to this, strict regulations have been implemented by governments to minimize the environmental impact caused as a result of pollution, emissions, and excessive energy and water consumption. The emergence of new potato processing factories is contributing to the global revenue growth of the potato flakes market. But factors such as solid waste generation and negative impacts on the aquatic habitat have given rise to strict regulations in the potato flakes space.
There is the growing need to improve water and energy efficiency for potato processing factories. To overcome the challenges in food processing, companies in the potato flakes market are adopting two key operations – non-thermal processing and membrane processes. To achieve higher water efficiency, companies are practicing reconditioning treatments that help reuse water for other purposes than just potato processing. To reduce the volumes of food processing waste, companies in the potato flakes market are relying on the production of renewable energy, since potatoes are rich in various carbohydrates such as starch, cellulose, and hemicellulose. These practices help improve the bottom line of companies. Newer technologies such as molecular interactions via microwaves are gaining increased acceptance to achieve energy efficiency. Non-thermal methods also provide increased energy efficiency, and help minimize the impact on the nutritional and sensory attributes of food products.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Potato Flakes Market
The growing trend of ready-to-eat food is one of the key drivers for the exponential growth of the potato flakes market. Consumers are exploring ingenious ways to use instant potato flakes to make crispy meat cuisines, and provide the added texture and consistency in meals. However, potatoes are found to have increased amounts of carbohydrates and fat, which is creating a resistance for their adoption from health-conscious consumers. Hence, companies are capitalizing on alternative requirements, such as the growing need for potato starch, which serves as a substitute to processed potato flour. Companies should focus on increasing their production capabilities in regions such as Central Asia that are comparatively lenient in terms of import and export tariff duties.
Potato Flakes Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the potato flakes market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2029, revenue generated by the potato flakes market is estimated to be ~US$ 5.7 billion in 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% in terms of value throughout the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant value share in the global potato flakes market, owing to the increased consumption of convenient and ready-to-eat food products.
- In the global potato flakes market, Asia Pacific represents ~ 47% of the market share over the forecast period. This is attributed to flourishing HoReCa chains in the region, subsequently propelling the growth of the potato flakes market.
- India is expected to be the most prominent market in Asia Pacific, growing at value CAGR of ~7% over the forecast period. The market in China is anticipated to experience healthy growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing urbanization and changing lifestyles.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumer-fascination-towards-functional-hydration-experience-to-underscore-growth-in-flavored-and-functional-market-from-2020-to-2030-tmr-301127409.html
Escalating Demand for Potato Flakes from Bakery Industry
- Due to the increasing adoption of potato flakes in bakery products, soups, sauces, ready-to-eat meals, and other processed food products, there has been significant growth in the market.
- Potato flakes are used as a thickener or base, for the preparation of ready-to eat vegetable gravies and soups.
- Further, potato flakes are also used in the manufacturing of texturized potato products, potato chips, snack pellets, and others.
- On the other hand, potato flakes are also gaining demand as an alternative for wheat flour, cornstarch which adds volume to stews, sauce, soups, and broths.
- The burgeoning demand for potato flakes in the global food industry is expected to fuel the growth of the potato flakes market in the coming future.
Potato Flakes Market: Increasing Penetration of Established Players
- Key market players such as Nestlé are now focusing more toward strengthening their supply chain by testing block chain technologies.
- In April, 2019, Nestlé and Carrefour announced providing access to block chain data to its consumers for its brands, so as to create better visibility and transparency of the whole supply chain of it products.
- Leading brands are currently gaining traction in the organized U.S. potato flakes market, and are creating opportunities for long-term growth in other regions such as Europe and Asia Pacific.
- MacCain Foods, a global leader in potato specialty products, announced the acquisition of Serya, a Brazilian food company. This acquisition will enable McChain to expand its boundaries in the Brazilian market. Serya provides pre-formed specialty potato products in Brazil.
- Increasing penetration of global players in the region results in the frequent launch of a large variety of potato flake products, which is expected to boost the overall growth of the potato flakes market substantially over the forecast period.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74273
Potato Flakes Market: Competitive Landscape
- Players are actively focusing on expanding their presence in Asia Pacific, one of the fastest-growing markets for potato-based products. The key strategy that companies are targeting is the expansion of their production capacities.
- Rixona B.V. has started working on a new production plant in the Gansu Province in China, for the production of high quality potato flakes, with a capacity of 15,000 tons per annum.
- Furthermore, companies are also emphasizing to offer quality products by offering BRC, IFS, HACCP, IFS, and ISO 9000 certified products, owing to the increasing demand for packaging and labelling transparency.
- Companies are also focusing on offering Kosher and Halal certified products on customized requests, as countries in Asia Pacific contribute significantly to the per capita consumption of halal and kosher certified products.
- Increasing their online presence is another key strategy that key players are focusing on.
- Players are analyzing customer consumption/buying habits to derive new metrics of success.
- Key players operating in the potato flakes market, as profiled in the study, include
- Idahoan Foods
- McCain Foods Limited
- Nestle S.A., Inc.
- Clarebout Potatoes NV
- Goodrich Cereals
- Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc.
- Iscon Balaji Foods Pvt Limited
- Lutosa SA
- Patwary Potato Flakes Ltd.
- Bem Brasil Alimentos LTDA
- Rixona B.V.
- Agrarfrost GmbH & Co. KG
- Nahr-Engel GmbH
- Basic American Foods, Inc.
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
Potato Flakes Market: Key Developments
Some of the key developments in the potato flakes market during the past few years are as follows:
- In March 2018, Nestle S.A. opened a new quality assurance lab in Araras, Brazil. The move was intended to enhance the company’s organic product portfolio in the region. The company invested around US$ 6.9 Mn to construct this new facility. The quality assurance facility will ensure that its organic products are free from pesticides and genetically-modified organisms.
- In April 2018, McCain Foods Limited completed a strategic investment with a highly innovative agriculture company, TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture. With this partnership, the company is expected to set new standards for efficient crop production and environmental care.
- In 2017, Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc. expanded its Richald Washington plant by 2,90,000 square feet, increasing its production capacity by approximately 300 million pounds, annually.