- A pellet mill, sometimes known as a pellet press, is a machine used to produce pellets of biomass material. Pellet mills are classified into two main categories – small scale and large scale, based on their production capacities. The pellet mill was developed in the early 20th century to produce animal feed. Over the years, applications of pellet mills have expanded largely to produce wood pellets, fuel pellets, compressed plastic material, ceramic pellets, milk products, and agriculture residue, among many others.
Key Drivers of the Global Pellet Mills Market
- Rising demand for wood pellets and poultry feed is anticipated to drive the growth in the worldwide pellet mills market. Wood pellets are recognized as a key source of biomass fuel and can be utilized as an alternate fuel to conventional fossil fuel. Wood pellets are compacted biomass cylinders of average length up to 40mm, with diameter of 6mm or 8mm, and prepared from the by-products of the forest industry such as shreds, wood chips, and sawdust. The economic advantage of wood pellets is widely recognized and therefore it directly offers significant market opportunities for pellet mills.
- Demand for poultry products is expanding at a substantial CAGR across emerging economies. According to the USDA (The United States Department of Agriculture), world poultry production is projected to reach 131,255 Thousand MT by 2025. This in turn drives the demand for large scale pellet mills for efficient and cost-effective production of poultry feed pellets.
Request for a sample-
Opportunities in the Global Pellet Mills Market
- Increasing demand for innovative animal feed products to cater to new breeds in poultry farming as well as livestock cultivation is anticipated to offer significant market opportunities to pellet mill manufacturers in the coming years. New molecular breeding technologies continue to emerge, such as the use of major genes, marker-assisted selection, and genomic selection, to improve breeding accuracy and breeding efficiency. Poultry feed manufacturers are investing in new technologies and equipment to produce quality food for high yielding breeding stocks of alternate species.
Asia Pacific to Register Highest CAGR during the Forecast Period
- By geography, the global pellet mills market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the pellet mills market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast of the pellet mills market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America pellet mills market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Ongoing investment in the field of animal feed production coupled with rising number of poultry farms is identified as a key market driver in Asia Pacific. Feed resources and feeding requirements are continuously evolving to include household waste, crop residue, fodder, cereal by-products etc. Moreover, increasing number of large scale poultry farms is anticipated to offer lucrative market opportunities during the forecast period.
Ask for brochure –
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global pellet mills market are heavily investing in new technologies, innovative product development, and online product marketing. Furthermore, companies are focused on effective expansion of plant operations in untapped markets through strategic acquisitions and partnerships.
Some of the major companies identified in the global pellet mills market are:
- Buskirk Engineering
- Bliss Industries
- General Dies
- ANDRITZ Group
- La Meccanica
- Paragon Mech Industries
- Cremach Pvt. Ltd.