Mumps Market: Introduction
- Mumps is a contagious disease caused due to the mumps virus, which typically affects children. The symptoms of the disease include headache, muscle aches, loss of appetite, tiredness, and fever. Additionally, swelling on one or more salivary glands is also observed. Additionally, these diseases are transmitted from person to person due to contact of saliva or droplets. Complications involves deafness and a wide range of inflammatory conditions of which inflammation of the breasts, testes, ovaries, pancreas, meninges, and brain are highly common. Testicular inflammation usually results in reduced fertility and, rarely, sterility. Humans are the natural host of the mumps virus, an RNA virus in the family Paramyxoviridae. The virus is basically transmitted by respiratory secretions including droplets and saliva as well as via direct contact with an infected person. Mumps is highly contagious and spreads easily in densely populated settings. Transmission could occur from one week before the onset of symptoms to eight days after. During infection, the virus primarily infects the upper respiratory tract. Subsequently, mumps spreads to the salivary glands and lymph nodes. Infection of the lymph nodes leads to presence of the virus in blood, which transmits the virus throughout the body. Mumps infection is basically self-limiting, coming to an end as the immune system clears the infection.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=59613
- Mumps could be diagnosed based on clinical presentation in regions where it is common. In places where mumps is rare, however, laboratory diagnosis utilizing viral cultures, antibody testing, or real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction must be needed. There is no specific treatment for mumps, therefore treatment is assistive in nature and consists of bed rest and pain relief. Prognosis is basically excellent with a full recovery, as death and long-term complications are rare. Infection could be prevented with vaccination, either via an individual mumps vaccine or through combination vaccines including the MMR vaccine that also protects against measles and rubella. The spread of the disease could even be prevented by isolating infected individuals.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Mumps Market –
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Mumps Market
- The mumps market is estimated to expand due to growing acceptance of vaccination globally, especially from developed countries such as India and China. High birth rate across these countries coupled with rising awareness about the acceptance of these vaccinations is propelling the mumps market. Additionally, high demand for the mumps vaccine from developed countries is further boosting its demand and fueling the global mumps market.
- Vaccine manufacturers are emphasizing on collaboration with organizations including UNICEF, WHO, and GAVI Alliance to enhance their vaccination programs in order to reach the maximum population to provide vaccines. Mumps is leading cause of death among young children in spite of various governmental initiatives. Thus, a rise in success rate of vaccination schemes depends on government initiatives of each country. Increase in air pollution levels due to rising industrialization is driving airborne diseases worldwide such as mumps, which is a significant airborne disease. Initial symptoms related to this disease include cough, fever, redness in the eyes and running nose along with rashes on the body.
- However, the number of patients from Asia Pacific and North America is decreasing. Earlier, diseases was expanding rapidly, which was propelling the mumps market. However, a rise in the demand for arresting the disease is fueling the mumps market.
Pre book Market Report –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Mumps Market
In terms of region, the global mumps market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is expected to dominate the mumps market due to the high rate of vaccination and high expenses on vaccinations and treatments in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for the leading share and is expected to expand with high CAGR over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR driven by government initiatives and free immunization programmes against mumps in the region. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand significantly driven by low cost of vaccinations in these regions. The cost of mumps vaccinations is less than US$ 1 in these regions.
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Mumps Market
The global mumps market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. Major players are actively emphasizing on various growth strategies in order to gain a competitive advantage in the industry. Collaborations, partnerships, agreements, and new product launches are some of the important strategies that are adopted by market players. Increasing competition among major players to develop new therapy and technology for mumps would drive the market globally. Major players operating in the global mumps market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Private Limited
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Bavarian Nordic
- Astellas Pharma India Private Limited
- CSL Limited
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Bavarian Nordic A/S
- JC Medical
- China National Biotec Group Comp. Ltd.
Browse more Market Reports:
Substance Abuse Treatment Market:
Negative-pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Devices Market:
Respiratory Monitoring Devices Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453