Metal-air Battery: Introduction
- Metal-air batteries are lightweight, compact size power sources with a high energy density.
- Based on metal, metal-air batteries are divided into zinc-air, lithium-air, aluminum-air, iron-air, and others. In terms of voltage, metal-air batteries are divided into low (below 12V), medium (12V to 24V), and high (above 36V). According to type, metal-air batteries are divided into primary batteries and secondary/rechargeable batteries. metal-air batteries are used in electric vehicles, military electronics, electronic devices, stationary power, and other applications.
- The rising demand for high-capacity, safe, cost-effective, and eco-friendly energy storage battery solutions is driving the demand for metal-air batteries.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on this report, Request for a Sample
Rise in Demand for zinc-air
- In terms of metal, the zinc-air segment is the fastest growing segment of the global metal-air battery market.
- The zinc-air metal-air battery has several advantages such as high energy storage density, and storing more energy per unit weight. The flat drain curve of the batteries is also an asset. These properties of zinc-air metal-air batteries make them an ideal power supply solution for various electronic devices such as digital hearing aids and watches, which is likely to propel the demand for zinc-air metal-air batteries during the forecast period.
- Moreover, zinc-air batteries are also used in navigation aid systems and remote railway signaling, thus fueling their demand.
- By application, the electric vehicle segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising demand for metal-air batteries for electric vehicles for safe operation, eco-friendliness, and high energy density. Besides, they cost less.
- The complex structure and manufacturing cost are major restraints of the global metal-air battery market. However, new research and development activities provide opportunities for the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Metal-air Battery Market
- In terms of region, the global metal-air battery market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global metal-air battery market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of metal-air batteries operate in the APAC region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the metal-air battery market during the forecast period due to the rising use of metal-air batteries in electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and renewable energy industries in developing nations such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India.
- The metal-air battery market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to rising awareness about electric vehicles in the regions.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Metal-air Battery Market
The global metal-air battery market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for metal-air batteries. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global metal-air battery market include:
- NantEnergy Inc.
- Log 9 Materials
- Arotech Corporation
- PolyPlus Battery Company
- Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd.
- GP Batteries International Limited.
- Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc.
- E-Stone Batteries B.V.
- Arconic Inc.
- Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Global Metal-air Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Metal
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Voltage
- Low (Below 12V)
- Medium (12V to 24V)
- High (Above 36V)
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Type
- Primary Batteries
- Secondary/Rechargeable Batteries
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Application
- Electric Vehicles
- Military Electronics
- Electronic Devices
- Stationary Power
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]