Aromatherapy is the method of using natural plant extracts, such as essential oils, for holistic healing treatment to promote health and well-being. According to Mark Roemer Oakland, the therapeutic properties of essential oils, and the numerous benefits provided by it, have allowed the aromatherapy market to boom in recent years. The aromatherapy market has already crossed $1 billion in 2018 and is projected to cross $2 billion by 2025.
Here are a few facts related to the rising demand for aromatherapy:
- Factors that govern the aromatherapy industry – The aromatherapy industry has flourished due to the following factors:
- The growing use of aromatherapy at home
- Increasing awareness about the therapeutic use of essential oils
- Strengthening consumer preference for natural products
- Expanding prevalence of lifestyle diseases
The increasing adoption of essential oils is a result of the global rise in disposable income and more awareness about the benefits of alternative medicinal therapy such as aromatherapy.
- Product outlook – Aromatherapy products can be categorized into equipment and consumables. Equipment includes a heat diffuser, nebulizing diffuser, evaporative diffuser, and ultrasonic diffuser.
Consumable can be categorized into carrier oils and essential oils, which can be further divided into blends and singles. Singles include Woody, Herbaceous, Spicy, Citrus, Floral, Earthy, Camphoraceous, others. These are used through direct inhalation, aerial diffusion, or tropical application.
- Application outlook – Aromatherapy is used in hospitals and clinics, homes, spa and wellness centers, and yoga and meditation centers for relaxation, pain management, skin and hair care, insomnia, cold and cough, and scar management. People also use it to treat cardiovascular and respiratory disorders, improve wound healing, reduce anxiety, manage digestive problems, and improve immune system functioning.
People also use essential oils for self-medication of respiratory disorders due to its non-toxic nature when inhaling. Tropical products are mainly used to treat chronic skin-related issues such as Eczema. People who don’t prefer antibiotics use aromatherapy to treat cold and cough instead. The healing properties of aromatherapy products have been proven to be useful for muscular pain management in the neck, lower back, face, hands, and leg. It’s also helpful in treating severe headaches and migraines.
Geographical insight – The significant markets for aromatherapy include the U.S and Canada in North America, Germany, France, U.K, Spain, and Italy in Europe, Japan, India, and China in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Mexico and Brazil in the Latin America (LATAM), and Saudi Arabia and South Africa in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America holds the largest market by region, but the Asia-Pacific (APAC) is the fastest-growing market by region.
Mark Roemer Oakland believes that experiencing aromatherapy in a home-care setting is a great way to relax and cure insomnia. For a better experience, visiting a spa or wellness center is a better option for stress relief, enhancing immunity, and promoting stimulation to the musculoskeletal, circulatory, and lymphatic systems. For a speedy recovery, easing digestion, improving blood circulation, and reducing nausea or stress, you can visit hospitals that have adopted aromatherapy for aiding patient healing.