The global liquid crystal tunable filters market is prophesized to witness substantial growth over the period of projection. Expansion of the market is mainly due to the rise in its demand and its wide use across several applications. These filters provide multiple advantages such as low cost, outstanding quality of image, controllability, and quick tenability. All these features make it suitable for use in several applications in the medical industry, thereby boosting the global liquid crystal tunable filters market in years to come.
The global liquid crystal tunable filters market is likely to register a double-digit growth rate of 11% CAGR over the projection period, from 2019 to 2027.
Some of the key players in the global liquid crystal tunable filters market comprise Perkinelmer Inc., ChemImage Corporation, Kent Optronics, Inc., Channel Systems, Inc., Semrock, Inc. and Meadowlark Optics, Inc.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report sample here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=27122
Extensive Use in Imaging Applications Pave Way for Rapid Growth of the Market
An astral rise in the demand for liquid crystal tunable filters is mainly due to the increased use various imaging applications and spectroscopy. Liquid crystal tunable filters find increased use in hyperspectral imaging systems for obtaining many spectral elements of scenes successively by adjusting the center wavelength of the said filter.
Exact transmission prototype of liquid crystal tunable filters is utilized increasingly for correct indication of the effects of band pass filtering on the spectra. This factor is expected to add to the growth of the global liquid crystal tunable filters market over the projection tenure, from 2019 to 2027. Besides, randomly coded apertures are placed behind these filters for controlling the shadowy images of the spatial domain.
The global liquid crystal tunable filters market is anticipated to be influenced by its ability to make the spatial and spectral resolution of existing spectral imager better. This can be achieved without even changing the structure of the detector and filter. It is possible to capture several images at a speed of 14 images per second with the help of this system. Such advantages are likely to work in favor of the expansion of the global liquid crystal tunable filters market in near future.
North America to Market Dominance over the Projection period, from 2019 to 2027
In a bid to provide a deeper insight of the market, experts at TMR have split the global liquid crystal tunable filters market into five key territories. North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Europe are the major territories in the global liquid crystal tunable filters market.
In terms of both value and volume, North America is likely to play a dominant role in the global liquid crystal tunable filters market during the projection period. Increased uptake of near-IR imaging solutions and visible imaging solutions is estimated to offer copious growth opportunities for the global liquid crystal tunable filters market.
Extensive research and development activities pertaining to these filters are likely to make Asia Pacific a promising region for the market stakeholders in the years to come. It is estimated that Asia Pacific region will observe rapid growth over the next few years to come.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=27122
Liquid Crystal Tunable Filters: Definition/Overview
- Tunable optical filters come in multiple complexities, shapes, and sizes, each addressing the unique requirements of different applications in terms of bandwidth, tuning speed, and spectral tuning range.
- Several technologies are used for the designing of tunable optical filters, such as solid state varactor diodes, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), ferroelectric material, and liquid crystals.
- Liquid crystal tunable filters (LCTFs) are extensively used in hyper-spectral imaging systems to successively acquire different spectral components of scenes by adjusting the center wavelength of the filter. However, the spectral and spatial resolutions of the imager are limited by the bandwidth of LCTF, and the pitch dimension of the detector, respectively.
- Liquid crystal tunable filters (LCTFs) use electrically-controlled liquid crystal elements to select a specific visible wavelength of light for transmission through the filter with the exclusion of all others.
- These types of filters are ideal for use with electronic imaging devices such as charge-coupled devices (CCDs), as they offer excellent imaging quality with a simple linear optical pathway.
Global Liquid Crystal Tunable Filters Market: Regional Overview
- North America led the global liquid crystal tunable filters market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, in 2018. Asia Pacific is estimated to be a rapidly expanding market for liquid crystal tunable filters during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific and Europe are emerging markets for liquid crystal tunable filters, offering immense opportunities for market players on a long-term basis.
Global Liquid Crystal Tunable Filters Market: Trends
- Liquid crystal tunable filter technology is currently in the development stage. There are some uncertainties regarding its use for the mass production of any power device. Currently, this technology is mostly being used in the manufacturing of hyper-spectral imaging systems.
- Spectral imaging systems based on liquid crystal tunable filters (LCTFs) are widely used in remote sensing, biomedicine, and food applications, due to their portability, quick tunability, convenient controllability, good image quality, and low cost.
Global Liquid Crystal Tunable Filters Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Liquid crystal tunable filters with lyot-type configuration offer several advantages such as high switching speed, low operation voltage, and large birefringence, which enable a wide tuning range from visible to near-infrared.
- Due to these benefits, liquid crystal tunable filters are widely used in tunable filter-based hyper-spectral imaging configurations. This further drives the global liquid crystal tunable filters market.
- Also, liquid crystal tunable filters with a wide tuning range are suitable for multi-mode applications, especially from the viewpoint of saving chip areas. Thus, the rising demand for filters with a wide tuning range directly fuels the global liquid crystal tunable filters market.
- One of the anticipated challenges for the global liquid crystal tunable filters market lies in bringing miniaturized tunable filters from drawing boards to actual foundries led by their complexity. Furthermore, this technology needs all-new step-up systems fitted with new infrastructure and numerous other components, which take a long time to develop. Thus, high research and development cost and initial expenses may hamper the global liquid crystal tunable filters market.
- Furthermore, the growing adoption of miniaturization can create ample opportunities to enhance the designing and development of electrically-tunable band pass filters based on the liquid crystal (LC) technology. This is likely to directly promote the growth of the global liquid crystal tunable filters market in the near future.