Inverted pouches have high preference in the rapidly growing F&B industry. The demand for gluten-free and GMO-free sauces has catalyzed the growth of ready-to-use pre-made pouches. As such, pre-made pouch type segment of the inverted pouches market is estimated to reach an output of ~9,800 units by the end of 2021. Hence, companies are increasingly focusing on developing pre-made pouches.
On the other hand, manufacturers in the inverted pouches market are increasing research activities to decipher whether inverted pouches are environment friendly. For instance, producer of clean-label sauces, Uncle Dougie’s, collaborated with leading flexible packaging solutions provider Glenroy, to measure the environmental footprint and sustainability of inverted pouches. Manufacturers are using industry standard environment impact measuring software to demonstrate eco-friendly attributes of inverted pouches.
Get Sample Copy:
Moreover, growing awareness about organic products is boosting the demand for ready-to-use inverted pouches. In order to cut through the clutter of health claims, companies are manufacturing eco-friendly pouches that are pervasively gaining the trust and faith of consumers.
Companies Strengthen Supply Chain of Squeeze Inverted Pouches for Personal Care Market
Inverted pouches are a game-changing solution for companies looking to boost the uptake of their products. Traditional plastic tubs for dips are now being pervasively replaced with inverted pouches. This has led to the rise in the usage of the product, resulting in high product sales.
Another leader in flexible packaging, ProAmpac, has entered the competition in the inverted pouches market by tapping into opportunities in the personal care segment and other categories with the introduction of PRO POUCH Squeeze inverted pouch. As such, the personal care end use segment of the inverted pouches market is projected to reach a volume of ~2,100 units by 2027. Hence, companies are increasing efficacy in consumer-centric formats of inverted pouches to innovate in cosmetics packaging.
Innovative squeeze inverted pouches are increasingly replacing traditional squeeze bottles, convenient for both food and non-food packaging solutions. Apart from food and personal care, manufacturers are leveraging opportunities in industrial chemicals by strengthening supply chain of squeeze inverted pouches.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Customizable Valves and Dispensing Spouts Enhance Consumer Experience
The inverted pouches market is largely consolidated with major players, with Glenroy alone accounting for ~72-75% of the market share. Another challenge that emerging players have to overcome is the difficulty of dispensing through conventional formats of packaging. As consumers are becoming increasingly aware about various packaging formats, manufacturers are introducing child-friendly dispensing spouts and closures to improve user experience.
On the other hand, manufacturers are increasing production capabilities to optimize the shelf life of food products. As such, food end use segment of the inverted pouches market is estimated to reach a production of ~20,100 units by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are focusing on shelf life optimization of food products to cater to unmet needs of consumers.
Companies are gaining competitive edge over other players by introducing inverted pouches with one-way valves to prevent oxygen intake in the pouch, and this eventually extends the shelf life of products. They are adding more value to pouches by developing customizable valves that maintain viscosity and quality of squeezable food products.
Buy Complete [email protected]:
Advantages of Inverted Pouches Prove Instrumental in Merchandizing Applications
Flexible packaging solutions have led to innovation in the inverted pouches market. Manufacturers are aiming to gain long-term business stability by increasing the availability of novel inverted pouches for ultra-high temperature processing and pasteurized dairy products. Inverted pouches are growing increasingly popular as a real asset for merchandising. Easy storage of inverted pouches is another key factor driving the inverted pouches market.
Additionally, companies are undertaking research to understand consumer psychology. Manufacturers are spreading awareness about advantages of inverted pouches among food manufacturers to boost product uptake.
Focus on product uptake has helped manufacturers in the inverted pouches market to establish harmonious business relations with food manufacturers. The new technology’s upright design makes it door-appropriate and an important asset for merchandising to boost visibility at retail stores.
Eco-friendly attributes, such as reduced fossil fuel and overall water usage in the production of inverted pouches as compared to glass bottles, are gaining widespread popularity in the market landscape. However, there is a need to improve dispensing of food and cosmetic products to cater to sanitary needs of consumers. Thus, companies should develop customizable valves and dispensing spouts to enhance consumer convenience.
Inverted Pouches Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the inverted pouches market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the market is expected to be driven by a growing preference toward lightweight and convenient packaging.
- Globally, the inverted pouches market was valued at ~US$ 11 Bn in 2019 and is projected to register a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Millennials Prefer Products in Inverted Pouches
- Use of inverted pouches attracts the attention of various age groups, especially millennials. Features, such as easy-to-use and enhanced service life of a product are the main factors that attract the attention of millennials. Additionally, millennials expect brands to provide enhanced functional solutions and are ready to pay more for premium products. This drives the demand for inverted pouches during the forecast period.
- According to a leading brand in dairy packaging, there was a sharp increase in its market share after it added inverted pouches to its product portfolio.
Brand Owners to Use Inverted Pouches Due to Cost-effectiveness and Aesthetic Appeal
- Nowadays, packaging is not about the format, but also about functionality. Innovative solutions, such as inverted pouches offer long shelf life and enhance brand visibility. Inverted pouches differentiate a manufacturer’s products from those of competitors on a store shelf, as they are an eye-catching packaging format. It also provides larger billboard space for brand promotion. Therefore, it is adopted by several brands, such as Uncle Dougie’s, and Daisy Brand. Glenroy, a significant manufacturer claimed that its inverted pouches were noticed 40% faster and are 53% longer lasting than rigid packaging in the retail environment.
- Inverted pouch packaging solutions are more compact and more cost-effective as compared to conventional packaging containers, such as bottles and jars. Advantages associated with inverted pouches are making them as strong alternatives to conventional packaging solutions.
- Unlike conventional packaging solutions, inverted pouches are lighter, more aesthetically appealing, and convenient to carry. The reclosable feature of inverted pouches is considered important, as it aids in eliminating food wastage, therefore making it a preferred choice for local fast food chain outlets.
- Inverted pouches offer lower manufacturing costs and handling costs. Inverted pouches are also considered an ideal solution for food manufacturers offering their products through e-Commerce, as this packaging is leak proof.
- Converters in the food packaging industry are witnessing high demand for inverted pouches with innovative add-on features and closures such as “Sierra”. Inverted pouches also have customized designs that are uniquely contoured for smooth pouring of packaged liquids.
Demand for Increasing Product Shelf Life to Propel Market Growth
- Consumers in today’s modern world are increasingly opting for packaged food products due to their busier lifestyles and the easy availability of convenient food products. High demand has created the need for flexible packaging products, such as inverted pouches for packaging of a variety of products and to enhance shelf life of these products. Ever-increasing consumption of packaged food products is expected to create a high demand for inverted pouches in the global market.
- Consumer preferences are more inclined towards flexible packaging solutions, which are easy-to-handle, and have a low cost. In the last decade, a shift in food consumption habits was observed, with the average North American consumer preferring fast foods. Part of the shift was attributed to the change in work culture and a fast-paced lifestyle, which was followed by an increase in the number of packaged and retail food outlets. This led to the rise in demand for inverted pouches that extend the shelf life of food products.
- Apart from consumers, one of the most recurring demands cited by producers of sauces and condiments, is the need for extended shelf life. Additional demands included reclosable and lightweight packaging solutions. This facilitated growth in demand for inverted pouches, which enhance product safety, visibility, and extend shelf life. Brand owners in developed countries, such as the U.S., Germany, and the U.K., etc. use inverted pouch packaging to cater to rising demand for products with extended shelf life. These product lines include food & cosmetics.
Promising Investment Opportunities for New Players
- Inverted pouch market is highly a concentrated market; therefore, there are huge opportunities for new players to enter into the market. Inverted pouches can be made from both FFS and pre-made machines, thereby translating opportunities for pre-made and FFS pouch manufacturers in the market. Furthermore, high demand for a variety in capacities and shapes has enabled strong competition in design-level innovations. Thus, channeling efforts toward innovative design of inverted pouches will be prolific for the inverted pouches manufacturers.
Global Push for Adoption of Sustainable Packaging Solutions to Restrain Market Growth
- Flexible packaging brand owners across the world are strategically planning to adopt sustainable solutions for packaging of their products. The demand for sustainable packaging solutions is expected to increase substantially in the future, due to several harmful effects of using plastic packaging products on the environment. This might affect the inverted pouches market during the forecast period.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]